Hob Console Commands

oakoak Posts: 55 ✭✭
edited October 23 in Hob General Discussions

Thought I'd quickly document this here as a reference point.

Hob has a command console built in, accessible by using the tilde (~) key.
Typically this is to the left of the 1 key on your keyboard (in an EN-US keyboard layout).

The console window is a fixed size with a close widget and two gold arrow scroll widgets.
It will remain as an overlay during your play until you hit the tilde (~) key to hide it again.

Warning: game is active whilst console is open, so it is best to pause the game before using console to avoid walking off ledges or into combat.

The list of commands is as below:
HELP
Shows the list of available console commands and a brief description of each. I've expanded some of these descriptions below where it's worth mentioning.

SETPLAYERVISIBLE
Sets the player character to be visible or not. Toggle, TRUE or FALSE
SETPLAYERVISIBLE TRUE
SETPLAYERVISIBLE FALSE

SETPLAYERENABLED
Sets the player character to be enabled or not. Toggle, TRUE or FALSE
SETPLAYERENABLED TRUE
SETPLAYERENABLED FALSE

CELLS
Returns a list of the cells (currently active in memory I believe). No arguments.

CLEAR
Clears the console window.

FPS
This toggles display of FPS and a whole truckload of other metrics related to the engine. No arguments.

Toggles invulnerability (falls out of the world will still trigger respawn. No arguments.

KILLME
Does what it says on the box. Simulates an attack that drains all health, essentially a death respawn. No arguments.
Use with caution - can place you in strange places in the cell when you respawn.

MOVELOG
Enables the movement debug log file. No arguments.
Can log individual (left/right) foot movements [Foot], animation in use [Anim], movement state (eg: walk/idle/running) [MS] and keys/input used [Keys]. Each a tick box selectable in a right hand screen overlay.

RELOADPLAYER
Reloads the player asset. Whilst this will effectively perform a respawn, it's actually reloading mesh/textures/etc. No arguments.

VARS
Lists variables in game almost entirely related to story/quest states (eg: ELECTRICITY_ON:GLOBAL:0). No arguments.

RESETCAMERA
Resetcamera should return camera positioning to the scripted position for the scene, I believe. I haven't had a camera glitch out on me, so haven't really been able to test this one. No arguments.

LIST
Lists achievable/collectable/quest states in the game. Arguments as listed below.
The first 10 ([BUTTERFLIES..WORLD_PIECE_FOUND]) list which unlockable/collectable areas/items, the final 9 list for the zone it represents which collectables in that zone have been found/not-found.
LIST BUTTERFLIES
LIST HEALTH
LIST STAMINA
LIST VISTAS
LIST SWORDPIECES
LIST SPRITES
LIST CORES_FOUND
LIST CORES_SOCKETED
LIST ZONE_RAISED
LIST WORLD_PIECE_FOUND
LIST GETWARP_WORKSHOP
LIST ELECTRIC_CENTRAL_DUNGEON
LIST DUNGEON_MOTHERHOB
LIST 8_5_LAKEDUNG
LIST 10_10_FORESTTOWER
LIST WORLDMACHINE_DUNGEON
LIST PAX_DUNGEON
LIST ABYSS
LIST GETPUNCH_WORKSHOP

LOGGAMEDATA
Creates a text log file of various measurable aspects of your game state and player progress. No arguments.
Log is created with name GameplayData.dat inside the Hob game folder in your documents (eg: C:\Users\oak\Documents\My Games\Runic Games\Hob), where is the amount of minutes played in the current save game. This will dump things like how many units you've spent on upgrades, and lists of found/not-found collectables.

QUESTSHOWACTIVE
Show the ID# of any current active quest (if any). No arguments.

QUESTSHOWCOMPLETE
Shows a list of the completed quests (ID and title). No arguments.

MUSIC
Will show some information about the current audio being played. No arguments.
I would imagine the intent here is to help identify the asset responsible for glitches, if you hear/experience audio issues.