Edited NPCs Don't Show Weapons In-Game, Help!

Hey guys :smile:

I am currently working on a mod where I change some of the humanoid NPCs to use the player model, but as there are no real relaxed idles for this model I am forced to use weapons idles instead therefore I also need to arm previously unarmed NPCs, however I can for some reason not get them to show the weapons in-game, the only exception is if I equip them with a non magical basic weapon ("STAFF_N00", "RIFLE_N00" etc.) :neutral:

Anyone know what might be going on and how I can solve this? :smile:

Best regards
Striker

Comments

• VizViz Posts: 28

Just duplicate a weapon and give it a new GUID and name.

then you can either..
    1) change the unittype (e.g from MAGIC FIST > NORMAL FIST)
    or
    2) set ' ALWAYS_IDENTIFIED:true' for the duplicated weapon

then let the NPC use the duplicated weapon.

I'm guessing that the reason it doesn't appear because the weapon is unindentified.

• StrikerStriker Posts: 5
    edited March 3

@Viz said:
    Just duplicate a weapon and give it a new GUID and name.

then you can either..
    1) change the unittype (e.g from MAGIC FIST > NORMAL FIST)
    or
    2) set ' ALWAYS_IDENTIFIED:true' for the duplicated weapon

then let the NPC use the duplicated weapon.

I'm guessing that the reason it doesn't appear because the weapon is unindentified.

Hey Viz, thanks for the reply :)

I actually discovered that it had to do with the "BASE.DAT" file, neither the player nor the monster .DAT file had the right kind of functions to make it work properly so I just created a custom one in it's own folder and it worked just as intended :wink:

Basically I just took the monster "BASE.DAT" file and made the following changes:

[UNIT]
        <FLOAT>MAXHP:100
        <FLOAT>MINHP:100
        <INTEGER>MINDAMAGE:100
        <INTEGER>MAXDAMAGE:100
        <FLOAT>WALKINGSPEED:3.5
        <FLOAT>RUNNINGSPEED:10.5
        <FLOAT>ATTACKSPEED:100
        <BOOL>WARDROBE:true          <----- Here
        <BOOL>USEWEAPONDAMAGE:false
        <INTEGER>RARITY:1
        <STRING>UNITTYPE:MONSTER
        <STRING>UNIT_GUID:-9135740559876943394
        <BOOL>DONTCREATE:true
        <FLOAT>DAMAGE_REACT_RADIUS:2
        <FLOAT>MOTION_RADIUS:4.5
        <FLOAT>FOLLOW_RADIUS:18
        <FLOAT>VIEW_ANGLE:90
        <FLOAT>SIGHT_RADIUS:7
        <INTEGER>ARMOR:100
        <INTEGER>XP:100
        [INVENTORY]
            <STRING>CONTAINER:Body          <----- Here
            <STRING>CONTAINER:WeaponSwap          <----- Here
            <STRING>CONTAINER:MonsterBody
        [/INVENTORY]
    [/UNIT]

The funny thing is that even though you have the option in the individual NPC and monster to make it use "Wardrobe" it actually doesn't work to its full extend unless you also include a .DAT file with the above changes :neutral:

Hmm, I wouldn't touch the base.dat, as many mods are likely to use it(indirectly) . But since you created a new one so I guess that could work too.

Anyway, its good to see people are still interested in modding TL2 :D

Since this forum is kinda abandoned, drop by TM if you have further question.
    http://torchmodders.com/forums/index.php

@Viz said:
    Hmm, I wouldn't touch the base.dat, as many mods are likely to use it(indirectly) . But since you created a new one so I guess that could work too.

Yea I got so tired of those money based MMOs and then I found this one on origin and instantly fell for the cartoonish style of the game and being a veteran modder it was also a very big plus to find that it had a fully integrated modding tool hehe :smiley:

@Viz said:

Ah ****... that forum requires you to also provide you actual name to make an account, yea that's not going to happen hehe :smiley:

Hmm? Just enter a random name. I just made an alt account to test and it works fine.