lvl 92 Inquisitor set on lvl 9 characters

The Inquisitor set has 2 pieces that require only 97 focus to wear and 2 pieces that require 129 focus, while the other pieces require modest amounts of both focus and dexterity. This means that you can, through careful finding of low level armor pieces with built in focus and the addition of a few Eyes of the Winter Widow, you can reach 100+ focus at level 9. If the focus only elements of your Inquisitor set are carefully enchanted to be mostly focus with some dexterity, you can lever your way into the full Inquisitor set at level 9 in any class, giving you 75 % damage reduction (if you've socketed your set with Skulls of Limoany, and who wouldn't?), 8000+ health (Skulls of Riechliu), and the ability to mount endgame weapons and shields (Lovantine Skulls for any needed strength). Some tradeoffs are required for the difference in builtin damage reduction between the two melee classes and the two ranged classes.

Even at level 9, elemental damage is the name of the game with a focus build, and you will have about 400% magic damage and 60% execute change If you dual wield. Dual wield with a Neatherrealm weapon in the off hand you can easily achieve 500% crit damage (Rembren Skulls in both weapons), and you likely have a built in 60+% crit chance from the dexterity enchants and crit chance on the weapons.

This means you can't die except through stupidity through at least level 60 or 70.

Mind you, there is a lot of prep going on to build such a set, but I built Embermages in normal to be the gathering characters, and have an elite NG4 mage wearing this set that has never died.

Now I am playing the other 3 classes, all while wearing endgame gear from level 9 on. All the classes have perfectly viable elemental damage skills that work well with a focus build.

Comments

• JakebntoJakebnto Posts: 4

Actually, with some small changes, I now equip this set on level 3 characters, and am working on building a set for **** elite. The ONLY thing that can kill you in your run to lvl 55 are the scythe traps in act 2. Ok, the flame grates in act 3 if you just stand there will kill you, too, but that is hard to blame on the game. The only difference between level 100 and lower level characters is a level 10o shield that requires a high strength attribute (Parma's Coal Burner) and put nothing into strength. Even so, you can achieve 50% block fairly easily with the lower level shields. The level 100 Netherrealm Wand with 4 sockets requires only focus 291 and dex 145, both of which are reached with the attribute bonus' on the gear itself.

It remains a lot of work, yes, but you can dominate the single player game all the way to NG+5. Not having played MP, I don't know how it would work there.

if I have one thing to improve upon, it is to keep hunting for Inquisitor pieces that have focus or dex granted with the piece itself. I can only reach 1500 focus or so with this set, and if I had 10 pieces with an average of 15 focus built in, and then spent more gold on 2 crit focus enchants, I could reach 2000+ focus! Not that you need it. :) The most focus I have on any one pieces is 118.

I have played all four classes as a caster, the gear works just great for all of them. The only change I make is a class appropriate Netherrealm weapon, though the axe has a 8% crit chance bonus that makes it the best weapon choice, but even so, using the Wand, for example, I have a lvl55 Embermage in this gear with 50% crit chance NOT using the axe. That, combined with 4 Rembren skulls on the Wand givng 320% crit dmg bonus makes for wrecking ball character!

• Kiron199Kiron199 Posts: 10

On my level 3 berserker I equipped Celestial and Inquisitor gear. Too lazy to enchant the Celestial pieces or I could equip Draketalon gear too.. But then, there would be no challenge left in the game for that build.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ch1aFSqo_as&index=2&list=PLnKx3C-blPCC2Th8V1xpmdbDKPgofXY1k

or

https://youtu.be/ch1aFSqo_as

@ 9:46