TorchED download (1.0.68.227 01/11/10)

GbrownGbrown Posts: 423 ✭✭✭✭
edited December 2009 in TorchED Community Help
http://www.filefront.com/15338803/TorchED_1.0.68.227.exe/

Sticky-ing this in the TorchED help forum.

build 1.0.68.227 (01/11/10)

Comments

• ... and yet, no matter how many times I click on the start download link, I still get 'Problem Loading Page'.

Why don't you guys put up an official **** for it? Filefront is a POS. :(
  • G... can you put the date in the top post of when that editor was released? or the revision number? could help to know when its updated :)
  • I'm also getting a little frustrated, as I'm now making my 10th attempt to download Torched from filefront. Although, I did some looking around and found that you can upload files upto 1GB on megaupload.com; would you guys consider uploading through another site, please?
    DEADRIGHTSINC.jpg
  • did you try google?

i did and here is what i found.......

http://games.softpedia.com/get/Tools/To ... itor.shtml

http://news.bigdownload.com/2009/11/11/ ... ched-v1-0/

http://www.brothersoft.com/games/torchl ... rched.html

all on page one... also filefront does **** but you could have saved time and googled or used the forum search function you would have found this 14 posts down viewtopic.php?f=6&t=5940&p=76335&hilit=torched+download#p76335

while its nice of them to provide a tool it does require the user to be literate enough to use search features when having issues.. all of the above took less then 2 mins...
  • Hey thanks for the respose.... 2 secs after posting my previous post; I hopped on google and found a ****... and uploaded it to megaupload myself. I'm pretty literate... I was wondering if there's a reason you decided to do some flaming... bored... is it really necessary... oh and I didn't just use a 'question mark'... because that was meant to be a retorical question...

On a positive note, I did fix my own problem though... thanks for reposting the links, I hope they'll help someone else who had the same legitimate problem that we both had.
    DEADRIGHTSINC.jpg
  • was not a flame just tired of people expecting things to be handed to them before they search for a answer.
  • Fair enough.
    DEADRIGHTSINC.jpg
  • WebbstreWebbstre Posts: 7,218 ✭✭✭
    There is also this mirror for those of you who don't like filefront:
    http://files.runicgamesfansite.com/modf ... er-1.0.exe
    I'll update when a new version is out and uploaded.
    Administrator/Former Owner of Runic Games Fansite. Be sure to visit RGF for all your Torchlight series needs![/color] Don't forget to check out ModDrop as a one stop solution for installing and sharing mods easily!
  • thisbarbthisbarb Posts: 183
    Thanks Greg!

This came out much earlier than I expected.
  • thisbarbthisbarb Posts: 183
    Deadrights wrote:
    Hey thanks for the respose.... 2 secs after posting my previous post; I hopped on google and found a ****... and uploaded it to megaupload myself. I'm pretty literate... I was wondering if there's a reason you decided to do some flaming... bored... is it really necessary... oh and I didn't just use a 'question mark'... because that was meant to be a retorical question...

On a positive note, I did fix my own problem though... thanks for reposting the links, I hope they'll help someone else who had the same legitimate problem that we both had.

The inner grammar **** in me is screaming at your incorrect usage of the ellipsis.
  • hey gbrown any chance of an alternate download site? i tried 6 times kept getting can not connect for some dang reason. with as long as filefront has been around you would think they would have things working but still the same as it was 2 years ago when i first tried to use them.
  • jamesLjamesL Posts: 3,568
    did you try the link by Webbstre 3 posts up ?

edit: forget that
    doesn't look like he updated it
    I don't have a sig
  • took me a hour but finally got it to work... if my connection was not a 1mb wireless id upload to somewhere else and share it ....
  • I was just starting to like this game though it took me forever to get it configured to run on my machine without freezing up on the lava levels. I had a few ideas for some mods to do for it. BUt now I think I'm just going to throw the game in the trash and write off the $20 I spent for it.

I've downloaded both of the editors 1.0 and this newest one and neither one will run on my system. It would seem that runic games didn't care about someone using an AMD system just those running sorry Intel systems. The first editor keeps giving one of two errors and will not work. First, attempt to access write-protected memory and nothing will load up. Or two, object loaded but not referenced to CEObject and about 5 other files. The second editor just keeps giving me the object reference error.

I'm through installing and un-installing the game and the editor as they both take forever to load and run and both seem to want to either crash or freeze on me. And it's not because I have a garbage system. I'm running a 2.2GHz 64-bit processor with 3GB of memory and the game is installed on a 1TB SATA hard drive. SO I fully meet the minimum requirements for the game. I'm simply running and AMD system and the game seems to have been written for Intel users.
  • jamesLjamesL Posts: 3,568
    shantomken wrote:
    ... and the game seems to have been written for Intel users.
    exactly
    not only did they do that on purpose, but they specifically had you in mind
    I don't have a sig
  • jamesL wrote:
    shantomken wrote:
    ... and the game seems to have been written for Intel users.
    exactly
    not only did they do that on purpose, but they specifically had you in mind

Since you like to make like you know everything (as you post in nearly every forum on here), try explaining why I'm not the only one having issues with this game. I've read posts by a score of people who are getting tired of the issues they have in running this game. In my case I was dealing with the game issues until I decided to do some modding and tried using the editor. Neither of them want to work on my system and since they don't want to let anyone have importer and exporter dll's for 3ds Max (except for the 2009 edition) it seems they don't really want people doing mods for this game.

So if you can't explain what's causing the problem or suggest a fix for the problem why not just keep your comments to yourself.
  • VagrantVagrant Posts: 409
    @shantomken

1.) They're using the open-source OGRE engine, so perhaps it's not Runic that despises AMD (and I seriously doubt they'd have such an agenda) but that the project leaders of OGRE can't be bothered to properly handle AMD processors? Whether the use of OGRE was a good choice or not though... well, I like the OGRE engine, but I can't say much beyond that.

2.) And in regards to the import/export tools, people seem to be doing well enough, as some modders have managed to get new models into the game, and perhaps if you asked nicely they'd be willing to convert models for you, or show you how (if possible, sans 3DSMAX '09).
    I'm many things: a transhumanist, an imagineer, a werewolf fan, and an amateur hypnotist even. But perhaps the most important to keep in mind is that I'm an old-master at tongue-firmly-placed-in-cheek.
  • Vagrant wrote:
    @shantomken

1.) They're using the open-source OGRE engine, so perhaps it's not Runic that despises AMD (and I seriously doubt they'd have such an agenda) but that the project leaders of OGRE can't be bothered to properly handle AMD processors? Whether the use of OGRE was a good choice or not though... well, I like the OGRE engine, but I can't say much beyond that.

2.) And in regards to the import/export tools, people seem to be doing well enough, as some modders have managed to get new models into the game, and perhaps if you asked nicely they'd be willing to convert models for you, or show you how (if possible, sans 3DSMAX '09).

Thank you for your response. It was a lot more helpful than the one mention above. I've looked into the ogre engine and it does seem to be an issue. I installed on an older intel board and the game seemed to work better. Just can't use that system cause I don't a decent video card for it.

I have also worked some tweaks with the game that make it run a little better on the computer now (though I did get labeled a cheater because I used the console haha) I found that if I take an animation value about half the average FPS then the game runs faster and I have less graphics freezes.

Again, thank you for your constructive criticism.
  • shantomken wrote:
    Vagrant wrote:
    @shantomken

Thank you for your response. It was a lot more helpful than the one mention above. I've looked into the ogre engine and it does seem to be an issue. I installed on an older intel board and the game seemed to work better. Just can't use that system cause I don't a decent video card for it.

I have also worked some tweaks with the game that make it run a little better on the computer now (though I did get labeled a cheater because I used the console haha) I found that if I take an animation value about half the average FPS then the game runs faster and I have less graphics freezes.

Again, thank you for your constructive criticism.

use that char for testing the rest wont be cheaters... also goto the setting file and set the numbers you have that should help the non-cheat toons.
  • hey i have just played the game and i love it, so i went ahead and bought the game, now that i have bought it i am trying to put in my activation code but every time i put it in it tells me its an invalide code
    (note i am trying to upgrade my demo to the full version , but when i click i have an activation key and put in my key it tells me its wrong)
    whats should i do