[MOD] Merchant Pack v4.1

Comments

• dolemite01dolemite01 Posts: 1
    Is there any way to get this to work with the pikachumod that adds potions to the general vendor? When I load your mod those potions are not available.
    Thanks!
  • EontheWolfEontheWolf Posts: 4
    Well, now I crashed. I did what you said....And my torchlight crashed. I dunno if it was due to mods or what, but it crashed to desktop soon after i opened the fishmonger n tried to read the fish names...Im bout to go try again but if it happens again, I'll record the error that it gives....
  • LathlasLathlas Posts: 340
    dolemite01 wrote:
    Is there any way to get this to work with the pikachumod that adds potions to the general vendor? When I load your mod those potions are not available.
    Thanks!
    Open up the MERCHANT_APOTHECARY_STATIC.dat file from the MerchantPack in a text editor and add the following lines.
    [OBJECT]
    <STRING>UNIT:IlikeEXP
    <INTEGER>WEIGHT:-1
    [/OBJECT]
    [OBJECT]
    <STRING>UNIT:IlikeFish
    [/OBJECT]
    [OBJECT]
    <STRING>UNIT:IlikeGold
    [/OBJECT]
    [OBJECT]
    <STRING>UNIT:Ilikeexpmini
    [/OBJECT]
    [OBJECT]
    <STRING>UNIT:IlikeGoldMini
    [/OBJECT]
    [OBJECT]
    <STRING>UNIT:IlikeSpeed
    [/OBJECT]
    [OBJECT]
    <STRING>UNIT:IlikeArmor
    [/OBJECT]
    [OBJECT]
    <STRING>UNIT:IlikeSuperman
    [/OBJECT]
    [OBJECT]
    <STRING>UNIT:IhateGold
    [/OBJECT]
    [OBJECT]
    <STRING>UNIT:IloveFish
    [/OBJECT]
    [OBJECT]
    <STRING>UNIT:IlikeCrit
    [/OBJECT]
    [OBJECT]
    <STRING>UNIT:IlikeBlock
    [/OBJECT]

And on the sixth day **** said, "They're not bugs, they're features. Let's ship!"

[MODS]
    Merchant Pack
    Potion Expansion
    More Gem Types
    Scroll Cast
    Prism Equipment
  • UndeadgamerUndeadgamer Posts: 55
    Lathlas, being a big fan of your Torchlight modifications, are you still actively modding for Torchlight? I haven't seen any updates from you for a while, so I was just curious if you are still going to provide us with interesting mods.
    "I'm no hero. Never was, never will be. I'm just an old killer, hired to do some wet work." - Solid Snake.
    Lathlas, being a big fan of your Torchlight modifications, are you still actively modding for Torchlight? I haven't seen any updates from you for a while, so I was just curious if you are still going to provide us with interesting mods.

Yes, eventually. I've been working a lot lately and doing some other projects in my free time. Basically, when I decide to make a new character and play Torchlight again I'll also get the modding bug back. Probably within a few months.
    And on the sixth day **** said, "They're not bugs, they're features. Let's ship!"

[MODS]
    Merchant Pack
    Potion Expansion
    More Gem Types
    Scroll Cast
    Prism Equipment
  • UndeadgamerUndeadgamer Posts: 55
    Okay, that's great, because the Torchlight modding scene has become extremely quiet of late. The only interesting mod is probably this one: http://forums.runicgames.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=12336
    "I'm no hero. Never was, never will be. I'm just an old killer, hired to do some wet work." - Solid Snake.
  • DrDvorakDrDvorak Posts: 2
    Thanks for the mod! I'm having a small problem, and I hope someone's seen it before.

Running the steam version of the game - Mac side. Installed the mod just fine on my home machine, it worked just great. I boneheadedly loaded one of my characters on my work machine without it installed. Once I saw the missing vendors, I quit, installed the mod, and re-loaded.

At this point - mod installed on both machines - I noticed that several of the built-in vendors were standing in the wrong places. Blacksmith is standing in the middle of the road on the way to the mine entrance. The one named "tarn" is standing just behind the gem vendor.

Even after uninstalling the mod from both machines, the built-in vendors are in the new locations, on both machines. Tried deleting the adm files from the addon, but that didn't seem to have any effect. No settings in the preferences file seemed relevant.

The two machines run at different screen resolutions - maybe that screwed things up somehow? Is there a file I can delete to get the vendors back to their correct spots? Thanks so much for any help you can provide.

Edit: had the name of the general goods vendor wrong. Too much blood in my caffeine stream. :-)
    DrDvorak wrote:
    Thanks for the mod! I'm having a small problem, and I hope someone's seen it before.

Running the steam version of the game - Mac side. Installed the mod just fine on my home machine, it worked just great. I boneheadedly loaded one of my characters on my work machine without it installed. Once I saw the missing vendors, I quit, installed the mod, and re-loaded.

At this point - mod installed on both machines - I noticed that several of the built-in vendors were standing in the wrong places. Blacksmith is standing in the middle of the road on the way to the mine entrance. The one named "tarn" is standing just behind the gem vendor.

Even after uninstalling the mod from both machines, the built-in vendors are in the new locations, on both machines. Tried deleting the adm files from the addon, but that didn't seem to have any effect. No settings in the preferences file seemed relevant.

The two machines run at different screen resolutions - maybe that screwed things up somehow? Is there a file I can delete to get the vendors back to their correct spots? Thanks so much for any help you can provide.

Edit: had the name of the general goods vendor wrong. Too much blood in my caffeine stream. :-)

I've had variations on that problem all along. Sometimes the merchants will randomly go stnad somewhere else. It's either a bug in the game I can't do anything about, or something in the town layout I did for the mod that I can't figure out. Basically, what you just described has been the biggest headache of the whole mod and I eventually just gave up on fixing it since aside from being incredibly annoying it doesn't hurt anything.

[MODS]
    Merchant Pack
    Potion Expansion
    More Gem Types
    Scroll Cast
    Prism Equipment
  • DrDvorakDrDvorak Posts: 2
    Thanks nonetheless! You're totally right - not all that big a deal.
  • MirileneMirilene Posts: 6
    Hm ... I just installed the mod and got a strange issue: On some characters everything seems to work fine (level scaling healing/mana potions, respecc pots), but with my Vanquisher its a little bit screwed up - for example no respecc pots show up and I get all levels of healing and mana potions instead of just the appropriate for her level (22).
    Mirilene wrote:
    Hm ... I just installed the mod and got a strange issue: On some characters everything seems to work fine (level scaling healing/mana potions, respecc pots), but with my Vanquisher its a little bit screwed up - for example no respecc pots show up and I get all levels of healing and mana potions instead of just the appropriate for her level (22).

I don't know what could cause that, nothing should be tied to character class as far as merchant inventories are concerned.

[MODS]
    Merchant Pack
    Potion Expansion
    More Gem Types
    Scroll Cast
    Prism Equipment
  • Hey guys, I downloaded the Merchant Pack along with a few other mods and everything works fine except for one thing. For some reason, the map scroll for transport to the Yirkon's Palace expansion is nowhere to been seen in any of the merchant inventories :( . I guess this is because some of the previous merchants have had their inventories edited. Does anyone have a fix for this? Please let me know because Yirkon's Palace isn't the only mod out there that can only be accessed by map scrolls you buy from merchants.

-Soulcommando
    NukeinTorchlight.jpg
    ^ Nuclear weapons+Torchlight=MASSIVE OWNAGE! :mrgreen: ^

Mods: [WEAPON] Soulcommando Weapon Pack [WEAPON] Soulcommando Weapon Pack v2
  • VelariVelari Posts: 376
    Admittedly that's one of the only mods of that type I've never tried because of all the reports of getting stuck in one of the chunks, but the scroll for it should be sold the same way as any other scroll, and with the Merchant Pack that means the Cartographer should have access to it.
    However, since his stock is randomly picked from the available scrolls, it might just be that you ran into a spot of bad luck and the RNG happened to not pick it that time. In that case, just come back when his inventory has been refreshed, and he might have it then.
  • TormakSaberTormakSaber Posts: 536
    I've seen Yirkon's show up in the Cartographer, so it can definitely spawn there.
  • Its, still not showing up in the Cartographer's inventory. I went through a couple dungeons to refresh his inventory, but its still not there. Is it possible that it could be level related? I have three characters all around lvl30-35. Also, is there a way to completely uninstall and reverse the effects of the mod? I tried deleting the mod once, but it just deleted the added merchants but the general store merchant and trinket/gem/spell merchant were both still stuck with their modded inventories.
    NukeinTorchlight.jpg

• JarchoJarcho Posts: 253
    That's because the game saves the merchants' inventories for each character, so you'll have to reset their inventories.

You should also check and see if you have the map in the mod you downloaded. If you do, then the map probably just didn't spawn in the cartographer's inventory that time as it is randomly filled with maps. If you don't, well then you should just redownload the mod.
    Could you post a link to the exact map mod you downloaded, I'll look at it and see if there's any reason you wouldn't be able to see it in game.

[MODS]
    Merchant Pack
    Potion Expansion
    More Gem Types
    Scroll Cast
    Prism Equipment
  • hey guys, i downloaded other map mods such as underground temple and rukon's fortress, and they show up. its just yirkon's palace that's giving me trouble, to tell you the truth, i got the mod from www.fileplanet.com before i discovered this website, so ill try and download the mod from here.
    NukeinTorchlight.jpg

• enemantikenemantik Posts: 492
    I installed this mod yesterday but haven't started playing with a new character yet. I have one question, regarding the fishmonger. Does he sell the "big" and "special" fish from the start, or do his selection scale with the character's level? In the first case, it would basically remove any need for fishing - which I happen to like a lot. :)
    enemantik wrote:
    I installed this mod yesterday but haven't started playing with a new character yet. I have one question, regarding the fishmonger. Does he sell the "big" and "special" fish from the start, or do his selection scale with the character's level? In the first case, it would basically remove any need for fishing - which I happen to like a lot. :)

It should scale with character level, but I honestly can't remember exactly. It does basically remove any need for fishing though - which I happen to hate a lot. I'll check the scaling later and get back to you.

[MODS]
    Merchant Pack
    Potion Expansion
    More Gem Types
    Scroll Cast
    Prism Equipment
  • enemantikenemantik Posts: 492
    Lathlas wrote:
    It does basically remove any need for fishing though - which I happen to hate a lot. I'll check the scaling later and get back to you.

Not good - especially because my last character stuffed the shared stash to the brim with fish for the new Vanquisher. :cry: Well, I guess I'll just have to find an excuse to keep on fishing. The excuse won't be that hard, though. Fishing is relaxing.... :)
  • Sorry for bringing up such an old topic, but I need some help.

I'm trying to use the bit of code that the author provided on Page 1, and I'm trying to add a Giant Muckfish to the Fish Vendor's static inventory. What exactly do I need to type in for the "Unit Type" to get that to work...? I tried the following but it has not worked:
    [OBJECT]
    <STRING>UNITTYPE:Fish_Muckfish_perm
    <INTEGER>RARITY_OVERRIDE:1
    [/OBJECT]

Unittype is used for groups of units, such as for example swords, which would cause your spawnclass to randomly select something from all the units that are defined as a sword (taking into account the comparative rarity values of these items).

If you want to spawn a specific unit, such as that fish, use <STRING>UNIT: rather than <STRING>UNITTYPE:
  • Velari wrote:
    Unittype is used for groups of units, such as for example swords, which would cause your spawnclass to randomly select something from all the units that are defined as a sword (taking into account the comparative rarity values of these items).

If you want to spawn a specific unit, such as that fish, use <STRING>UNIT: rather than <STRING>UNITTYPE:
    EDIT: Still not working. Is there another file I need to edit in order to see the changes that I made?
    Two things immediately come to mind:
    A) if you edit files with a text editor, you'll need to remove the .ADM file of the file you modified. So either delete the .ADM file of the same name manually, or clear the mod cache.
    B) For a change to vendor inventory to take effect, you'll usually need to wait until they refresh their selection. If you don't feel like waiting around, you can also just create a throwaway character to check - provided the item doesn't have a high level (and you took A into account) it should be able to appear right away on a new character.
  • akindainakindain Posts: 106
    Hello and sorry to bother, but i ran into an issue i dont know how to fix.

I downloaded this mod and went into game to try it out and made a new character and all, i try and walk anywhere near the center of town or towards the cave my game crashes.
    I have also tried changing the load order but that doent work

mods installed:
    --town props set
    --cliffside set
    --personal mod im working on for release

thanks in advance for any help
    sig.png
  • RustyRusty Posts: 1,640
    akindain wrote:
    mods installed:
    --town props set
    --cliffside set
    --personal mod im working on for release

thanks in advance for any help

I am guessing that your personal mod is messing with the merchant pack. Is your Ogre log saying anything? Try removing the other mods first to see if it their probelm, and then if not, it is most likely your mod.
    what is orge log ? very sorry if sounding noobish. i have also tried running just the merchant pack and i can walk around more in town but still crashes i have no idea why pls i would really like to use this mod

thanks again
    sig.png
  • RustyRusty Posts: 1,640
    The Ogre.log is the error log that TorchED/Torchlight create. It is found in user/appdata/runic games/Torchlight on my machine. The log tells you which conflicts are happening when it crashes.

Sorry for the late reply. I see you may have found a workaround already. Nice job on the maps.
    ok here is what it says in the orge txt file

00:47:34: Unable to find unit spawner for monster. Meaning the unit spawner didn't spawn this time either because of a bug or editor logic.

i just dont get it cause i didnt change anything in the town for this to happen unless its in the actual lay out files for the mod
    will re-read all pages of this thread see if can figure it out

EDIT: yeah went through the layouts and the Gem lady shows up as a dog not the zealot like the npc unit says and when i try and change the dog i cant find the correct npc in the list to select so yeah i think i can get it fixed ot i just make a new npc for my self :D

EDIT 2: guess i cant use this mod cause ive gone through all its files and still getting the Unable to find unit spawner for monster error after i got the new gem seller to show up right

EDIT 3: ok woke up today and tried installing it again and some **** forsaken reason it seems to work now, I think the game actually likes me today
    sig.png