[Class]x2 Airbender + Spirit Dancer v2.0

12346»

Comments

• DaikazeDaikaze Posts: 35
    Couple of minor issues:
    Spirit Burst: Spirit burst utilizes lifesteal and manasteal... not much of an issue.... but you can gain an awful lot of health/mana from this ability.

Replenishment: the mana regen is far too high.

EDIT:
    I also seem to be able to melee attack things (and damage them) while phased... This class needs a phase beast. :P

EDIT2:
    A word of warning to anyone playing this class: Do not try and use your phase abilities in the Dwarven levels. If you get wedged between an object and a wall it auto-kills you... no damage displayed with this, you just die. Due to the areas of the Dwarven levels being so small it becomes very easy to die. It might not be caused by being wedged between an object and the wall though, it's only my speculation, and it could be something else.

EDIT3:
    Phasing seems like it needs a bit of work. Removing the "dash" effect on the phase moves might help prevent some issues... but I wonder why I haven't encountered this with the Vanquisher?
    The 100% damage reduction seems to have issues as well. Something about Elementals and phasing results in insta-death. Would a 100% block have the same effect? What about a large damage shield like the Alchemist has?

EDIT4:
    More testing seems to show to you can random insta-die just from using phase abilities on the Dwarven levels... no wall collisions, nothing. :(
    Note: A funny tidbit about this bug is that you can replicate this in town... so you try and force your way into a building or something and die.

EDIT5:
    Those Watcher Geists will insta-kill you like the elementals do... perhaps its specific to the spells they use?
    Add enchanted swords to the list too...
  • IMissHGLIMissHGL Posts: 38
    Having a blast playing Spirit Dancer. Just had a question for those who maybe have gone 50+ with theirs... How are the skills late game? I'm noticing none of the skills are weapon based. They all seem to have a static damage #. Most of the dances and rites seem to be magic based in someway so I assumed damage is being calculated off that stat. I'm playing a rite of fire and thunder seance dancer. I'm not sure if these skills are viable in the late game or will I have to respec to the higher level skills?

Here she is training on the cliffs of Torchlight during sunset.
    Torchlight2010-03-1715-04-32-94.jpg
  • OuroborosOuroboros Posts: 195
    As far as I can tell it scales well for quite a while, though eventually you would be stuck using only a few abilities - namely the phase abilities, wind dance, etc., because the other damage abilities eventually become insignificant compared to normal attacks when you start to rely on heavily enchanted equipment - that said, with a lot of +% faster cast speed and a good boost in general, that could be delayed until around lvl80. Phase seance becomes very useful at times, and with a lot of faster speed you can make the delay go down to only 2-3 seconds rather than 5 (mines at around 3 but I have better pure caster equip available too), allowing you to spam it and thunder seance to annihilate most groups with relative safety at almost any level; the main problem later is that even if you do get imba damage out of the phase abilities being spammed (65% chance to reenter means you can be phased pretty much all the time if you want, it doesn't even really lower your dps that much later either, especially if most of your weapon dps is elemental) there's always the insta-death bug (as previously mentioned it's triggered by elemental damage and also by damage to yourself caused by the phase abilities) with them that means you can't really use it on a HC character without a backup - and even then it could get very annoying if you use them a lot; wind wall abuse and summon spells seems to be the best way to go past 100 with her though, no abilities like explosive shot or spectral echo that really stand out in deep levels of the shadow vault.
  • TuishimiTuishimi Posts: 220
    I really love this class, but the insta-death thing drives me nuts. I don't use the phase abilities anymore at all and spend all my points on the dances and such.
    Looking at spiritstabaoedot, hitselfprocdamage and spiritphasereceivenodamage for clues.

Can you describe how this should work? What specifically I should look at? You said you need to have a percentage chance... that it would be 0 or 1. Where is that set? In hitselfprocdamage I see a -1 for HP RECHARGE PLAYER; is that it? I also noticed all the percentages are defined as FLOAT ... but are represented with integer values. Could it be changed to something like -0.1?

Just trying to get a grasp on this.
    GAH! Nevermind, that's not a percentage. It's the MIN/MAX measurement of self-inflicted damage of -1. What does the MIN_SPAWN_RANGE and MAX_SPAWN_RANGE represent?
    [AFFIX]
    <STRING>NAME:HITSELFPROCDAMAGE
    <INTEGER>RANK:1
    <INTEGER>MIN_SPAWN_RANGE:0
    <INTEGER>MAX_SPAWN_RANGE:100
    <FLOAT>DURATION:0
    <INTEGER>WEIGHT:0
    <INTEGER>SLOTS_OCCUPY:0
    [UNITTYPES]
    <STRING>UNITTYPES:ANY
    <STRING>UNITTYPES:PLAYER
    [/UNITTYPES]
    [EFFECT]
    <STRING>NAME:hitselfprocdamage
    <STRING>ACTIVATION:DYNAMIC
    <STRING>DURATION:INSTANT
    <STRING>TYPE:HP RECHARGE PLAYER
    <STRING>DAMAGE_TYPE:PHYSICAL
    <FLOAT>MIN:-1
    <FLOAT>MAX:-1
    [/EFFECT]
    [/AFFIX]

What would happen if you made MIN:/MAX: 0? Or -0. Or am I looking at the wrong thing to begin with?
    And what I am seeing here is the entire sequence of events in phasing/releasing as, in this case, Spirit Clash?

[EVENT_START]
    <STRING>FILE:media/skills/spiritdancer/spiritstabaoedot/spiritstabaoedotlayout.layout
    <BOOL>ATTACHES:1
    <FLOAT>SOAKSCALEPCT:0
    <BOOL>STATSHIDDEN:1
    [AFFIXES]
    <INTEGER>AFFIXLEVEL:13
    <FLOAT>DURATION:0
    <STRING>AFFIX:SPIRITSTABAOEDOT
    [/AFFIXES]
    [/EVENT_START]
    [EVENT_TRIGGER]
    <BOOL>NOSTEALEFFECTS:0
    [AFFIXESREMOVE]
    <STRING>AFFIX:SPIRITPHASERECEIVENODAMAGE
    [/AFFIXESREMOVE]
    [AFFIXES]
    <STRING>TARGET:SELF
    <STRING>AFFIX:SPIRITPHASERECASTPROC
    [/AFFIXES]
    [/EVENT_TRIGGER]
    [EVENT_TRIGGER]
    <BOOL>NOSTEALEFFECTS:0
    [AFFIXES]
    <STRING>TARGET:SELF
    <STRING>AFFIX:HITSELFPROCDAMAGE
    [/AFFIXES]
    [EXECUTE_SKILL]
    <STRING>SKILL:SPIRIT PHASE HIT REMOVE
    [/EXECUTE_SKILL]
    [EXECUTE_SKILL]
    <STRING>SKILL:SPIRIT PHASE RECAST EXTRA
    [/EXECUTE_SKILL]
    [/EVENT_TRIGGER]
  • YannosYannos Posts: 89
    First of all thank you for your mod.

I wanted to tell you something I noticed on Vortex. I used the search button and if it works fine noone has mentioned it yet:

It appears to be absolutely free. I can press the Vortex button for as long as I want and mana never goes down. Any ideas? Is it supposed to b like that?

EDIT: I just saw it: mana cost 0. Forgive me , its a bit late here and I am tired. Thank you again for your mod, its really fun.
  • YannosYannos Posts: 89
    I do not know if you have already thought this but in my opinion you could create a class mostly based on the combination of Vacuum + Vortex. Imagine a class which can not heal with pots neither it can regain mana with pots.

You will be forced to balance your use of Vacuum which will drain fast your mana to heal your self, while you drain that life from enemies, with the use of Vortex which will replenish your mana but in this hypothetical scenario should not cause damage to the enemies. Just a defense buff to you.

It will be up to the player to decide when to stop leaching life in order not to stay out of mana. He will have to quickly switch to Vortex which will not harm his enemies but it will give him some more magical power to continue with other spells.
  • My Spirtdancer started killing herself when using a phase skill. I think I figured it out, it only happens when my character would normally rephase itself and only with the "Phase Mastery" skill. I used a respec potion and without that skill my character doesn't die for no reason anymore. Also, I don't think the dancers are giving my character any elemental resistances. There are those levels with fire environmental damage which didn't hurt less when i was dancing.
  • hi there:> was just windering if anyone can reccomend early builds for both these classes , and maybe what to aim for in gearing and stat allocation :) thanks a lot :D
  • farelozfareloz Posts: 1
    haliax wrote:
    My Spirtdancer started killing herself when using a phase skill. I think I figured it out, it only happens when my character would normally rephase itself and only with the "Phase Mastery" skill. I used a respec potion and without that skill my character doesn't die for no reason anymore. Also, I don't think the dancers are giving my character any elemental resistances. There are those levels with fire environmental damage which didn't hurt less when i was dancing.
    I have this problem too. But in my case the dancer ding if wearing item with "reduce damage by x%" attribute bonus((( I think it happens because of condition to reentering - skill casts on struck (i looking at torchED). Maybe this "struck" is a reason.
  • I just killed Ordrak on normal with spiritdancer, and I think this class is the most fun class to play because you dont always just press right click and expect everything to die like destroyer :lol:. However, I think the way her skills damage calculated is kinda weird because half of her damage is like physical and other half is magic...She doesn't have any single target attack and It took me really long to kill single mob especially final boss.

Here is the video of me killing him (no spells were used and died once in spirit phase with 2k5+ HP :| )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UcDHvdw4xDI
  • N3MES1SN3MES1S Posts: 211
    Hiya, i recently installed this mod, but as i imagined (u said that in the first post) this mod doesnt work in conjunction with other class mods?? i already installed the vindicator mod (that is awesome and i dont want to uninstall it :p) and i wonder if there is any way to make this mod compatible with other class mods. Cuz i really want to try this out :p
12346»