[PET]KelinTor's Mercenary Company V1.2

KelinTorKelinTor Posts: 368
edited June 2013 in Mod Showcase
This mod gives the opportunity for those who feel lonely to hire mercenaries alongside your beloved pet. Those mercenaries in exchange of some gold will help you in your quest against the Blight. Beware that in spite of being strong they are not immortal, don't worry many skilled mercenaries enlist everyday in K's Company.

As of now you'll have to buy the map once (unlimited use) and wherever you're allowed to use portals you can enter in and hire mercenaries. Some mercenaries being quite strong will be limited in the number you can hire. Also the mercenaries scale with your level when you hire them. Later I can add some pack of mercenaries if you wish (like 3 Goblins and a Dwarf etc..). The main issue would be price balancing, this will certainly need to be tweaked.

Edit: Now you can have the 3 classes with you, they will use their in-game skills often so it's taxing on the graphic card if you have the 3

Download here : http://www.runicgamesfansite.com/downlo ... ile&id=321

Edit : V1.1 should be compatible with the Merchant Pack from Lathlas.
Edit2 : Updated to V1.12.
Edit3: Updated to V1.13, Added the 3 story Characters and a new potion to fire the mercs
Edit4: Updated to V1.14, Added a monster section and raised a little the speed of the goblins and the ghost.
Edit5: Updated to V1.2. Map divided in 3 to solve loading issues with older computers, added speed rings for the mercs.
08/24/11 : I updated the download link since RGF has made some changes.
[TEXTURE] Comic-like touch
[ITEM] Level 100+ items V1.10
[NPC] KelinTor's Merchant V1.38 New quests+Mercenaries scroll+Boss+Champion wave+Add 7 stashes+transfer your gold+ training dummies
The readme contains the links to all my mods (16 total).

Comments

• It would've been really awesome if you could add a separate inventory screen, so you could give them things like weapons and/or armor, like in the Diablo II expansion. I really liked that feature. Or be able to revive them for a price, for that matter..
    "I was and am a nobody, and nothing anybody can say will make me feel like somebody."
  • Hellmouth wrote:
    It would've been really awesome if you could add a separate inventory screen, so you could give them things like weapons and/or armor, like in the Diablo II expansion. I really liked that feature. Or be able to revive them for a price, for that matter..

Whilst that would be awesome that would enhance the complexity of the mod by great amounts :D Still would be cool.
  • KelinTorKelinTor Posts: 368
    It would've been really awesome if you could add a separate inventory screen, so you could give them things like weapons and/or armor, like in the Diablo II expansion. I really liked that feature. Or be able to revive them for a price, for that matter..

Hmm I didn't look into that since I think there was some issues mentioned in the 'Brink the merc by AdAstra'. For now i'll release them as they are in game and some of them do have a different weapon but to have an inventory/equipment of their own and customisable is quite complicated if possible at all. Maybe if I find a way i'll implement it but I think it's out of my reach.

Edit: oh about the revive system, you'll have to hire them again since they don't die definitely, you can have many of the same unit by the way.
    [NPC] KelinTor's Merchant V1.38 New quests+Mercenaries scroll+Boss+Champion wave+Add 7 stashes+transfer your gold+ training dummies
  • Very excited for this mod... mercs + pet + brink? You're pretty well running around with a party now!
  • Very excited for this mod... mercs + pet + brink? You're pretty well running around with a party now!
    Except they'll be running all over the place like headless chicken and killing your memory [at least on my PC...] X'D
    "I was and am a nobody, and nothing anybody can say will make me feel like somebody."
    My mod is now released here http://www.runicgamesfansite.com/torchl ... s/node/344 V1.0

I would need your help to make it balanced.
  • TomaLexiTomaLexi Posts: 303
    Heya, added your mod to the modlist thread/page. Tell me if you want to change the description.

KelinTor's Mercenary Company V1.0
    This mod gives the opportunity for those who feel lonely to hire mercenaries alongside your beloved pet.
    http://forums.runicgames.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=9133
    Looking for mods? Complete mod-list: http://sites.google.com/site/ultimatemodlistwiki/
  • AnoroAnoro Posts: 1
    The little laser shooting eyebot's movement noise gets kind of irritating after a while. In a future release you might want to remove their movement noise. The clinking and clicking makes me want to kill them instead of the enemy.
    Anoro wrote:
    The little laser shooting eyebot's movement noise gets kind of irritating after a while. In a future release you might want to remove their movement noise. The clinking and clicking makes me want to kill them instead of the enemy.

I'll change it in the next update, in truth I didn't test for long those little laser mech so the movement sound didn't annoy me but I guess it will be annoying after a while. Little patch soon.
  • LathlasLathlas Posts: 340
    Very awesome, thanks!

A couple of changes need to be made to make it compatible with my (or other) merchant mods.

The two MERCENARY_MAP spawnclasses should be in a marge directory "KelinTor's Mercenary Company\media\Spawnclasses\MERGE\" instead of just "KelinTor's Mercenary Company\media\Spawnclasses\"

Also, the weight in the static spawnclasses should be -1 if you only want one to show up every time. If you also use the rarity overide string then you can set the rarity on the MERCENARY map unit itself to 0 instead of 1, that way it will never drop from monsters or show up mixed in with the non-static maps.

Like this.
    [OBJECT]
    <STRING>UNIT:mercenary_cavern
    <INTEGER>WEIGHT:-1
    <INTEGER>RARITY_OVERRIDE:1
    [/OBJECT]

If you were trying to get three copies of the map to show up by using WEIGHT:3, then just copy the above code and paste it in three times. Although I think your best bet there is to only have it spawn once, but change <BOOL>MERCHANTINFINITE:0 to <BOOL>MERCHANTINFINITE:1, so that no matter how many you want to buy, they'll always be in stock (like potions).

EDIT: By the way, I'm sorry if I'm being annoying. I realize that most of my posts on this forum are along the lines of, "Great Job! Now do this this and this..."
    And on the sixth day **** said, "They're not bugs, they're features. Let's ship!"

[MODS]
    Merchant Pack
    Potion Expansion
    More Gem Types
    Scroll Cast
    Prism Equipment
    Mod Updated to V1.12
    -> Toned down the crawler annoying sound (the volume has been reduced so much that you'll hear him only when he'll walk on you...)
    -> Followed some advice from Lathlas to enhance compatibility

@Lathlas no problem, hints and tips are always welcome and only fools doesn't follow sound advice.

Well about the merging I followed those two topics :
    - viewtopic.php?f=6&t=5699#p59172
    - viewtopic.php?f=20&t=7718&p=85718&hilit=merge#p85718
    and it works well with your mod (though it's compatible only with yours), I gave the same stringname than your static cartographer so it merge with it.

Concerning the changes i've only modified the merging one and the map being sold infinitely in the merchant (completely forgot that :mrgreen: ) and strangely trying to apply your suggestion for the regular merchant (without your mod) made it work the opposite way it should :x . Many infinite copies of the map is showing :shock: . I KNOW that what you told me should work instead of that I see my map multiple times at Triya (try yourself you'll see what i mean, it's strange that it doesn't work) so for now i still made a rarity of 3 so it won't appear too often.
    If you were trying to get three copies of the map to show up by using WEIGHT:3
    Hum.. no i've done that so it does show one from time to time, less than 3 my map would rarely appear, more and it'll appear too often in multiple exemplaries which is useless since it's unlimited in use.
    So i'm half a fool for following only half of your advices :mrgreen:. Still my mod work with yours without problem.

Again thanks for your advices, this way more mods are compatibles.

Edit : I wanted to ask, no more merchant sells identify scroll and town portal with your Merchant Pack, is it normal? (town portal very useful for testing my mods :) )
  • LathlasLathlas Posts: 340
    and strangely trying to apply your suggestion for the regular merchant (without your mod) made it work the opposite way it should . Many infinite copies of the map is showing . I KNOW that what you told me should work instead of that I see my map multiple times at Triya (try yourself you'll see what i mean, it's strange that it doesn't work) so for now i still made a rarity of 3 so it won't appear too often.

:facepalm: Yeah, I forgot that the unmodified merchants ****. The difference between them and mine is that all of my merchants are set to display one copy of their inventory, and the quantity values are in the merchant's spawnclass. The default merchants are set to display a random inventory multiple times. My system is a million times more efficient IMHO. The General Merchant is the only original merchant who uses the 1/1 spawnclass system, which is why so many mods drop there stuff for sale in his inventory. That was big part of my decision to make my Merchant Pack, the only suggestion I have is to put it into the General Merchant inventory instead.

You can see the difference between my modified Triya and the original in the actual monster unit file.

Original:
    &#91;TREASURE&#93;
    &lt;STRING&gt;SPAWNCLASS:MERCHANT_GEM_INVENTORY
    &lt;INTEGER&gt;MIN:30
    &lt;INTEGER&gt;MAX:35
    &#91;/TREASURE&#93;

Mine:
    &#91;TREASURE&#93;
    &lt;STRING&gt;SPAWNCLASS:MERCHANT_TRINKET
    &lt;INTEGER&gt;MIN:1
    &lt;INTEGER&gt;MAX:1
    &#91;/TREASURE&#93;

I wanted to ask, no more merchant sells identify scroll and town portal with your Merchant Pack, is it normal? (town portal very useful for testing my mods )

The Spell Dealer (Zeris the Cursed) in the graveyard sells Identify and TP scrolls. Only the modified version included with the Merchant Pack sells them by the way, if you still have the original version of the Spell Dealer mod they would conflict.
    And on the sixth day **** said, "They're not bugs, they're features. Let's ship!"

[MODS]
    Merchant Pack
    Potion Expansion
    More Gem Types
    Scroll Cast
    Prism Equipment
  • Well what can i say, the more the merrier :lol: , thank you great mod
  • This is GREAT!!! :D If there was a worship smiley, I'd soooo use that now :P
    Jonaleth wrote:
    This is GREAT!!! :D If there was a worship smiley, I'd soooo use that now :P
    Mouahahaha worship me more :twisted: maybe i'll do some more reskin ( i'm very limited here sadly 'cause i lack artistic touch)
    . By the way what do you think of my reskin of the zealot?

Don't forget to look at my other mods.
    I have a new WIP mod, still in early eaaarly stages though (and longer to make than my Life Increaser Potions :) )

Critics suggestions and feedbacks are welcome.
  • :lol: But seriously, this is exactly the thing I needed, walking around with an army of skeletons and archers :twisted: (is there some max cap or can I just walk around with 50+ skellies?? I have 7 knights + 5 archers right now :P)
    KelinTor wrote:
    By the way what do you think of my reskin of the zealot?
    Didn't notice, too busy pwning with skellies :lol: Is it the one that looks like its wearing denims?? In which case, she's hawt :D

Btw, I noticed there's 3 of those spirit zealots around 1 pyre with 16000 ... I haven't managed to get that much gold yet, but do you get all 3 for 16000??
    And any chance of adding in the classes themselves for some uber amount of gold?? :lol: Co-op play ftw!!! :D

PS: What got changed in 1.12??
    walking around with an army of skeletons and archers :twisted: (is there some max cap or can I just walk around with 50+ skellies??
    For the lower tier of mercenary there is no limit cap, you can rise your undead army to conquer the world :D . If you manage to hire all the mercenaries you'll have a very powerful army. It's really impressive to see your mercs fight large group of mobs, of course your army is stronger :twisted: .
    Is it the one that looks like its wearing denims?? In which case, she's hawt :D
    It's the one near the little dragon, so far my best reskin. :)
    Little pics hawtzealot.th.png
    Btw, I noticed there's 3 of those spirit zealots around 1 pyre with 16000 ... I haven't managed to get that much gold yet, but do you get all 3 for 16000??
    Yup 3 for 16000 gold.
    And any chance of adding in the classes themselves for some uber amount of gold?? :lol: Co-op play ftw!!! :D
    AdAstra have released a 'shadow mod' were you can summon the 3 classes. Of course I can add them later since it's not the same concept.
    Edit : Just finished to test the 'prototype' vanquisher, it's working well so far, she'll have nearly all her skills less 2 since it's buggy when the AI control it. One more thing I just loooooove when TorchEd decides to be BUGGY, two or three hours losts in trying to find why it doesn't work and suddenly it's working, really great :evil: .

changes in 1.12 are mentionned in the readme... Well mainly so my mod is more compatible with the merchant pack (it's in the unseen side for users).
  • Awesome mod Kelin.

Is there a way to "unsummon" these new tagalongs? Wouldnt matter if it was one or all, money's no object. I'm pretty good with modding files.. is there a way to do it that way or am I stuck with them?

Request: 'Mimic' hireling please :) I love my pet as one and think it would rock to see 4-5 chests following me around 'nom nom nom' ing everything heh.

Request: Burrower- same reason as above minus the 'nom nom' ing lol.

Request: Goblinhound- same reason again!

Maby have an "Animal" section in the open southern part with like a fenced in area.. like a farmyard! :D
    Is there a way to "unsummon" these new tagalongs? Wouldnt matter if it was one or all
    . I didn't have time to look into that yet, wasn't sure if anybody wanted that feature since the mercenaries are not cheap (the future class-game mercenaries even less affordable).

At first since it's a mercenary company I only included humanoid mercs (dragonkin being an exception) but well including a monster's livestock is not a bad idea :) , as said Shadowrem 'the more the merrier'.
  • Love this mod, it's lot's of fun..

I have one request to make though, for a future version.. could you increase the walking speed for the mercenaries? I haven't tested all of them yet, but I find most of them that I used are pretty slow and arrive late to the fight, unless you wait for them every few steps.. If that's doable, I know it would make it much better.
  • The skellies walk slow, that looks reasonable (bein a pile o' bones and all :P)

But for people using the Faster Walking mods ... the mercs lag behind :( Maybe sepatare versions for faster walking mercs?? Or some kinda Diablo-2-esque teleport mechanism??
  • They do teleport to you but it's a large distance before. I like it the way it is atm. Dont need em jammed up behind me either imo.

At 52 my Vanq has more gold than I know what to do with and I'd really like to get rid of a couple mercs because I do have a personal limit. I dont want to be to OP'd heh. Right now Im resorting to not healing them and hoping they die lol.

I'm all about the "monster section" idea. Do it up! :D
    Hi everybody,

concerning the speed of the mercs, the low tiers are a little slow, upper tiers walk faster. For now i have to tune their speed carefully 'cause while testing giving some more speed resulted in them moving really strangely. So it will have to wait future updates.
    As falkon311 said they do teleport to you when you are far, so for now keep advancing and they'll come to you eventually. Don't worry i'm still looking for a solution.

As a new feature you'll be able to say goodbye to all your mercs, (I can make one for every mercs but i think you don't want 29 or so potions to fire only one specifically, no? Please be reasonable it'll be better for my health :) )

Update soon (only the three classes and the new potion for now).
  • Awesome awesome thanks a bunch.
    Mod Updated to V1.13.

As mentioned earlier you can hire the three story characters, they have all their skills minus 4 because it was buggy when used by the AI, still they are pretty strong and they will use their skills quite often, beware it may be taxing on your graphic card.
    Also you can buy a 'farewell' potion to fire your mercs so you can be alone with your pet.

Next update will include speed fix for some mercs and a livestock of hireable monsters.

Download link updated, see in first post.
  • Thanks for the update!
    KelinTor wrote:
    ... and a livestock of hireable monsters.
    Pokemon in TL?? :shock: (I knew it ... they're everywhere!!! :lol:)

Btw, you should link your other mods in your sig ya know ;)
    Btw, you should link your other mods in your sig ya know ;)

I would have done that if i knew how to do it, i don't know how to keep the name and make it a link to the topic :oops:. I can insert the link like this viewtopic.php?f=20&t=9133 but it doesn't say what is it . So if there is a charitable person who can explain it to me i'll be very thankful.

Edit : just found how to do it. Updated
    Mod updated to V1.14.

As requested now you have a monster section. There you'll find :
    -alchemist golem (already toned down the sound movement),
    -elementals,
    -imps,
    -spider
    -cursed sword (a little modified you'll see)
    -goblinhound
    -burrower
    -mimic
    -ember sentry (really weak)

Changes includes also a speed up for goblins and the ghost.
    In future updates possible speed up for other mercs, little reskin.

Please report any bugs you may find. Feedbacks would be great to help me improve this or my other mods.
    Any suggestions/idea/request/balance mod are welcome.
  • w00t my friend!! Just w00t :D
  • Awww yeah! My mimic army will dominate all in it's path! Oo Cursed Swords too? Nice work as always Kel.