[CLASS] Demonologist NEW FEATURES BETA1.04

AsmodeoAsmodeo Posts: 235
edited June 2014 in Mod Showcase
Tired to play new classes with only 10 new skills ?? :evil:

Need something more... evil ??? :twisted:

If the answer is YES, this is your class !!!

The Demonologist comes from an ancient city of warriors and mages.Its inhabitants earned the power to control Demons,their magic and abilities, and they could also be possessed by them in some cases....

DOWNLOAD ASMODEO's DEMONOLOGIST BETA1.04 [MEDIAFIRE]
DOWNLOAD ASMODEO's DEMONOLOGIST BETA1.04 [LOJBAN]

screen2wy.jpg

Features:

-Completely redone skill trees from scratch, 54 new amazing skills to punish your enemies ( 18 per pane ) you can see some of them below...

>>DESTRUCTION Skill Tree: Those who like ancient demonic magic will prefer to put some points in this tree...Unleash the power of Fire, Void, and Shadow over your enemies

DESTRUCTION SKILL VIDEO

FIREORB: [SPELL] FINISHED
fireorb.png Summon a rapid fire proyectile, dealing damage on impact.

RIFT: [SPELL] FINISHED
rift.png A fiery Rift emerges from the caster's feet

PYROMANCER: [PASSIVE] FINISHED
pyromancer.png Improve your fire damage by a percentage

CERBERUS BREATH: [SPELL] FINISHED
cerberusbreath.png Learn to sorcer a compressed Flare like the Hellhound's breath

PYROCLASM: [SPELL] FINISHED
pyroclasm.png Hurl a continuous wave of fireballs, setting everything onfire
CATACLISM: [SPELL] FINISHED
cataclism.png Cast a comet rain from the sky

LIFE GRIP: [SPELL] FINISHED
lifegrip.png Chokes foes with arcane chains diminishing its movement and dealing damage. If target dies you'll absorb its soul,replenishing mana

NETHER SHARD: [SPELL] FINISHED
nethershard.png Casts an unstable Cristal made of pure energy

PLANE SWITCH: [SPELL] Teleport FINISHED
planeswitch.png Switching between mortal and nether plane allows you to move faster, ocassionally twisting the matter that surrounds you when exiting

ENTROPY: [PASSIVE] Critical Spell Mastery + [PASSIVE] Offensive Spell Mastery FINISHED
entropy.png Studying the behaviour of matter allows you to increase your critical chance

PHOBOS & DEIMOS: [SPELL] FINISHED
phobosdeimos.jpg Summons from the void a gigant shard of a single moon

SINGULARITY: [SPELL] FINISHED
singularity.png Creates a time-space singularity with the mass of a Black Hole

CRAWLING SHADOWS: [SPELL] FINISHED
crawlingshadows.png Seeking shadows appear from your hands

DEMON ASHES: [SPELL] FINISHED
demonashes.png Ashes from fallen ancient demons raise from the earth, dealing damage and diminishing foe's armor

NIGHTMARES: [PASSIVE] FINISHED
nightmares.png Raises your Shadow damage by a percentage

ALASTOR GIFT: [SPELL] FINISHED
soulgrip.png Alastor himself teaches you to cast his Deadly Beams

OVERLOAD: [SPELL] FINISHED
overload.png Unleashes shadow eels from your body in every direction

CHAOS KEY: [SPELL] 80% FINISHED
chaoskey.png Opens a portal which bounds planes, tearing apart reality and unleashing devastating spells

>>HOMUNCULUS Skill Tree: For those of you who prefer to get close to enemies and smash'em with your own hands...Get prepared to unleash the destruction that lies within your daemonic soul and get possessed by different kind of demons, each of which has its own spells and skills.

HOMUNCULUS SKILL VIDEO

TIAMAT CLAW: [SPELL] FINISHED
tiamatclaw.png A Powerfull charged hit that releases glowing nails on impact

WAR BRINGER: [PASSIVE] Dual Weapons Mastery + [PASSIVE] Magic Weapons Expertise FINISHED
warbringer.png After years of training you have mastered dual wielding and the elemental damage of weapons

SHATTER: [SPELL] FINISHED
tiamatclaw.png Crushes your enemies under your fist with a fast move, cracking the floor under your target

BURNING FLESH: [ENCHANT] FINISHED
burningflesh.png Caster sets its flesh onfire, dealing damage to attackers

DEMONIC BLOWS: [ENCHANT] FINISHED
demonicblows.png Imbue your limbs with an extraordinary power, releasing explosions with every hit

POSSESSION AZAZEL: [SUMMON] FINISHED
possessionazazel.png Get Possessed by the ancient demon Azazel for a small period of time, gaining extra magic attacks

DURESS: [SPELL] FINISHED
duress.png A powerful kick that knocks back enemies and has a chance to convert it to your side

HEPHAESTUS ADEPTH: [PASSIVE] Armor Mastery + Fire Resistance Bonus FINISHED
haephestusherald.png To have been tought by the blacksmith of demons has advantages...Improve your armor and fire resistance

SPIRIT BURST: [SPELL] FINISHED
spiritburst.png Releases the energy within your mind and body, disrupting nearby foes

BLOOD FORGE: [PASSIVE] Melee Weapons Mastery + Life Leech Bonus FINISHED
bloodforge.png Mastery of melee weapons.Drains life with every hit

SOUL BOUND: [PASSIVE] Block and Parry + Maximum Life Bonus FINISHED
soulbound.png Bounds your soul with a demonic shard, increasing your life and making you harder to hit

POSSESSION LILITH: [SUMMON] FINISHED
possessionflauros.png You offer your body to the matriarch of all Demons, Lilith, gaining extra summoning power and buffs

IMPALE: [SPELL] FINISHED
impale.png Overrun your enemies with a rapid strike

DREADNOUGHT: [PASSIVE] FINISHED
dreadnought.png Covers your armor with ancient arcane runes, increasing your defense and improving your defensive spells

MAUL: [SPELL] FINISHED
maul.png Damages all foes within a 180 degrees arc, mauling their limbs

FALLEN WINGS: [ENCHANT] FINISHED
fallenwings.png The Wings of a Fallen Angel surrounds you, dealing damage to foes periodically

ENRAGE: [ENCHANT] FINISHED
enrage.png After tasting blood in battle,the beast that lies in you takes control

POSSESSION FLAUROS: [SUMMON] FINISHED
possessionlilith.png Transforms your body into that of the fearless Dragon Flauros, increasing your melee damage

>>ARCANE Skill Tree: You have melee and magic abilities, but do you have Support?... You'll be able to summon Demons, from the smallest to the largest one.
Command your army as you wish !

SUMMON VERMILION: [SUMMON] FINISHED
summonvermillion.png Summons a small fire demon

DETONATE: [SPELL] FINISHED
warbringer.png Detonates a minion to hurl an explosion from it, damaging enemies

SUMMON INCUBUS: [SUMMON] FINISHED
summonincubus.png Summons a reckless Incubus to assault your enemies

SACRIFICE: [SPELL] FINISHED
sacrifice.png Killing one of your minions heals the rest

SUMMON XAPHAN: [SUMMON] FINISHED
summonxaphan.png Summons Xaphan The Mighty, the greater Demon that keeps **** Onfire

AZMODAN HERALD: [AURA] + [ENCHANT] FINISHED
azmodanherald.png Azmodan, Lord Of Sins, blesses you with his infinite knowledge

SUMMON VIRIDIAN: [SUMMON] FINISHED
summonviridian.png Summons a small poison demon

SUMMON SHAMAN: [SUMMON] FINISHED
summonshaman.png Summons a small shaman demon to resurrect demons and cast spells in battle

MANA POOL: [PASSIVE] Advanced Spellcasting + Maximum Mana Bonus FINISHED
manapool.png You and Demons share mana,increasing your mana recovery and maximum mana

SUMMON BEHEMOTH: [SUMMON] FINISHED
summonbehemoth.png Summons a nasty and slow behemoth to crush your enemies

SUMMON NEBIROS: [SUMMON] FINISHED
summonnebiros.png Summons Nebiros The Rotten, the Demon that creates diseases and the most lethal poisons

DURIEL HERALD: [AURA] + [ENCHANT] FINISHED
durielherald.png Duriel, Lord Of War, blesses you with his punishment aura

SUMMON INDIGO: [SUMMON] FINISHED
summonindigo.png Summons a small electric demon

OCCULTISM: [PASSIVE] Pet Mastery + [PASSIVE] Charm Spell Mastery FINISHED
occultism.png Increases your knowledge of summoning and forbidden arts, increasing minion life and damage

SUMMON SUCUBUS: [SUMMON] FINISHED
summonsucubus.png Summons a vicious Sucubus to Mesmerize foe's minds

BATTLE CRY: [SPELL] FINISHED
battlecry.png Your minons get enraged, resulting in improved damage and attack speeds

SUMMON ASTAROTH: [SUMMON] FINISHED
summonastaroth.png Summons Astaroth The Fearless, leaving a track of corpses in his path

BELIAL HERALD: [AURA] + [ENCHANT] FINISHED
belialherald.png Belial, Lord Of Lies, blesses you with his battle pressence

-New Skin: The Demonologist comes with a unique skin and Starting equipment that adds lore to this class

DEMONIC GLOVES: protects caster from fire damage plus random enchant

DEMONIC BOOTS: protects caster from ice damage plus random enchant

GOAT'S LORD: A rare mace made from a goat's skull enchanted with fire

-New Pet: Demonologist dont like dogs or cats, their prefer using some semi-demonic entities, called Familiars with its own skills:

FIREBOLT: Spits a small fireball from its jaws burning enemies at short range

FIREBALL: Hurls an explosive ball of **** flames damage foes in a long radius

-New Weapons: a new arsenal of demonic and twisted weapons for you and your minions awards you to be discovered

VERMILION MACE: enchanted with fire damage, fast weapon

DEMONIC SIGN: an ancient wand charged with flames

DEMONIC STAFF: a twisted staff, this is one of the most common weapons between the Demonologist

XAPHAN'S WRATH: Xapan comes into battle with this huge two-handed spear, many legends are related with this weapon...

VIRIDIAN SCIMITAR enchanted with poison damage, medium speed

INDIGO SPEAR: enchanted with electric damage, slow weapon

-New Item:

AXE OF SACRIFICE: allows you to convert your pet into a Familiar

-New NPC:

RAZIEL: this dark mage sells some potions and items, for ex "Axe of Sacrifice". He's located at the camp, near the Bridge

-New Sets - Demonic Legacy:
So many legends are known about the ancient demonologists...
Each of them reached the perfection in his arts...but humans are greedy,and one by one, exchanged their souls with the greater demons for power...
When their lives ended, they were consumed by the power they deify, and the artifacts they carry, forgotten like sand in the wind...
Few millenia passed, and this legends are considerer dogma for the Demonologist's cult.
But only a few really belives that could find their legacy and continue their path to the perfection.

SALAMANDER'S LEGACY
iconssalamander.png
The Lord of fire, magma and meteors rose in battle wearing this armor, unleashing flames and fireballs with his dual wands.
salamander.png

ARCHON'S LEGACY
iconsarchon.png
The Ambassador of the void, storms and shadows covered his body with this plates full of channes where the shadow energy easily flows.
archonww.png

JUGGERNAUT'S LEGACY
iconsjuggernaut.png
The Seer of dual melee combat used to wave these swords to fight while he was surrounded by hundreds of enemies, the style of combat he loved.
juggernaut.png

RAVAGER'S LEGACY
iconsravager.png
The Stalker of shadows punished the ones that betrayed him with the spikes of his armor and mauled them with his huge phase blade.
ravagerfw.png

DREADNOUGHT'S LEGACY
iconsdreadnought.png
The Guardsman of the nether portal of Torchlight was once a human. His hammer, chest and shield were blessed with the blood of many demons, becoming almost indestructible.
dreadnought.png

OVERLORD'S LEGACY
iconsoverlord.png
The Master of summoning commanded the greatest demonic army ever led by a human, and used to wip his minions with his twisted staff.
overlord.png

INGAME SCREENSHOTS
scrriftr.png
Rift

scrspiritburstr.png
Spirit Burst

scrdemonashesr.png
Demon Ashes

Changelog Here is the list of changes that the next version will have:
-Changed animation of Rift and Plane Switch skills
-Changed animation of Rift and Plane Switch skills
-The amount of "Axe Of Sacrifice" that Raziel has in his inventory is now unlimited
-First balance of Familiar Pet
-Changed the target of the Chaos Key spell. Now you only can target yourself (what is intended because this is a defensive spell)
-Fixed all passive affixes
-Partially redone Homunculus Skill Tree(for ex: redone Dragon Claw skill), so there will be a branch for each melee build (dual, tank, 2handed)
-Legacies are now available(sets), one for each base build [FireCaster, ShadowCaster, DualMelee, TankMelee, 2HandedMelee, Summoner]
-First balance phase(for ex: fixed mana cost of greater demons from lvl 2 to lvl 10)
-finished "Desummon Skill"
-Found a bug with the Nebiros Demon (It can't die and becomes a Nebiros ghost or sm) trying to fix it

Before making FAQs, read this:
- The class is still in development, i dont know how much it takes to finish it ( i've been working for 6 weeks but still have lots of work ;) )
- I'll try to upload a beta version as fast as i could, because i want to share my work with all the people from this or other forums
- If you want to see MORE SCREENSHOTS, CLICK HERE http://torchlit.net/component/k2/item/105-demonologist.html
- I'll edit this post when i make any significant change to this class

You can ask me whatever you want, related to this class. I'm Spanish, my english is not very good but I'll try to answer your question :D

I would like in addition to report bugs or skills that you look overpowering, also if you like or dislike the skill's graphic.

This is important for me, so i could make this mod even better, with your help and opinions. :D

feel free to express your preferences and opinions !! ;)

Credits:
Special thanks to Ugmojoe for his help, and for testing alpha versions of the Demonologist.Special thanks to Davalost for fixing the post and correcting my grammar, and helping my with the initial Demonologist concept.

Thanks to rlpowell for helping me with left key mapping, and also for his idea about a “splitted mod folder” that makes this mod never crashes again.

I would also like to thank the mod makers that inspired me, specially Gale for his icons and MattNguyenwith his Airbender that helped me a lot to understand Layout files.

Finally thx to all the people that helped me to develop the mod in any aspect. I would like to appoint: def7ant, Agios, Tuishimi and hakkenshi
UPDATED DEMONOLOGIST BETA1.04 : Destruction Skill Video - Homunculus Skill Video
Wanna Learn How To Build Your Own Skills ? SKILL TUTORIAL Easy, Step by Step
______________________________________________________________________________________________
firmap.gif

Comments

• ugmojoeugmojoe Posts: 186
    Mate, this was so much fun to play! I had a ball summoning demons, possessing myself with demons, and hurling demonic fireballs at everything. Have I used the word "demon" yet? :lol: And so visually stunning too. All of your skills look like they came out of the box, done by RG themselves. Truly amazing stuff, mate.

I can't wait until this is finished, this is one class to watch people ;)
    Cheers,

Dan (ugmojoe)

web: daniel.walsh-au.com
  • Asmodeo wrote:
    You can ask me whatever you want, related to this class. I'm Spanish, my english is not very good but I'll try to answer your question :D

Thx for reading this post , Asmodeo

Most English people dont speak good English ;)

Is there a download for this up?
  • TomaLexiTomaLexi Posts: 303
    Torchlover wrote:
    Asmodeo wrote:

Very goog question indeed. ;)
    Looking for mods? Complete mod-list: http://sites.google.com/site/ultimatemodlistwiki/
  • AsmodeoAsmodeo Posts: 235
    Torchlover wrote:
    Asmodeo wrote:

I'm working on it :)
    I promise you'll have a link for the beta version soon, still have to implement skill levels and finish some abilities that work bad.

Ugmojoe tested the alpha version, that i dont want to show because it's not polished :(
    UPDATED DEMONOLOGIST BETA1.04 : Destruction Skill Video - Homunculus Skill Video
    ______________________________________________________________________________________________
    firmap.gif
  • TomaLexiTomaLexi Posts: 303
    No problem. We simply didnt know whether you might have forgotten to put up a link. Doesn't hurt to ask ;)
    Oh and be sure to remind me via PM when its finished so that I can add it to the Modlist.
    Looking for mods? Complete mod-list: http://sites.google.com/site/ultimatemodlistwiki/
    TomaLexi wrote:
    No problem. We simply didnt know whether you might have forgotten to put up a link. Doesn't hurt to ask ;)
    Oh and be sure to remind me via PM when its finished so that I can add it to the Modlist.

Sure i'll do i promise ;)

take a look to the skills i've posted :P
    firmap.gif
  • Class looks cool looking forward to trying it out.
    Torchlover wrote:
    Class looks cool looking forward to trying it out.

Thx m8 :D

I'm building the beta version as fast as i can, trust me ;)
    firmap.gif
  • Like what i see cant wait to play the class
    rpglover wrote:
    Like what i see cant wait to play the class
    proud to hear that :D
    firmap.gif
    Trust me guys, it'll be worth the wait. Mass destruction/summon/buffs = mad fun :lol:
    Cheers,

Dan (ugmojoe)

• TuishimiTuishimi Posts: 220
    There are so many awesome classes in the works! Can't wait for this one too.
  • I assume the normal passives will still be there? They are rather important.
  • Would a class that so obviously relies on magic for damage really need all the standard passives? Asmodeo's already modified at least one (Armor Mastery), so that's one less, but I sometimes wonder whether new classes keep the standard passives out of necessity or habit... I'm not criticizing modders, you understand, just putting the question out there.
    Please check out my WIP class, the Shadowdancer - I'd love to get some feedback!
  • hakkenshi wrote:
    Would a class that so obviously relies on magic for damage really need all the standard passives? Asmodeo's already modified at least one (Armor Mastery), so that's one less, but I sometimes wonder whether new classes keep the standard passives out of necessity or habit... I'm not criticizing modders, you understand, just putting the question out there.

Depends on the class. Nether mage for instance barely even relies on weapon DPS so it needs neither dual mastery nor any weapon mastery to function at 100%.
  • My thoughts exactly.

Actually, doesn't Nether Barrage use Weapon DPS? Or wouldn't that be affected by Mastery skills..?
    Please check out my WIP class, the Shadowdancer - I'd love to get some feedback!
  • Well, remember there are also the passives for treasure hunter, barter, pet mastery, offensive/defensive/charm mastery, block and parry, and armor mastery, if not the main three wepaon masteries. All of those are quite important.
    hakkenshi wrote:
    Would a class that so obviously relies on magic for damage really need all the standard passives? Asmodeo's already modified at least one (Armor Mastery), so that's one less, but I sometimes wonder whether new classes keep the standard passives out of necessity or habit... I'm not criticizing modders, you understand, just putting the question out there.

That's it !! i dont like standard passives... but i masked some of them, for example:

Entropy: equal to Critical Mastery, for now.
    Hephaestus Adepth: works like Armor Mastery adding fire resistance
    Blood Forge: This one's like Weapon Mastery and also you steal life from every hit, wich its pretty usefull
    Well, remember there are also the passives for treasure hunter, barter, pet mastery, offensive/defensive/charm mastery, block and parry, and armor mastery, if not the main three wepaon masteries. All of those are quite important.

I'll try to balance it and make the Demonologist independant from a few standard passives, or make that passives unecessary for this class. But as you all know, balancing its the most difficult part...

In the next few days i'll try to explain a little bit more each skill so you could help me if i miss something :P (passives, damage, balancing, etc...)

Thx again!!
    firmap.gif
  • The most important ones are proobably Pet Mastery (you have a Summoning Tree), Offense/Defense/Charm mastery, and Block and Parry, since you mentioned you already adde dArmor Mastery and Crit Mastery.
  • i think your character would look much cooler if instead of the gauntlets you had regular arms that have vines of ember going up them.
  • Looks amazing, can't wait for release :D
  • I love all these new class coming up for this game!
    Hope to see this soon ;)
  • Post said that the class has been updated. Can you lets us know what has been updated? Hopefully it will be a download soon, it kinda feels like the moments before a great game comes out and are dying to play the darn thing but can't just yet. Just want to play this class so bad. But i know when it is all done it will be well worth the wait. Here to looking forward to playing the class. Oh yea i have to admit that of all the classes that have been playable so far the shaman is my favorite but i have a feeling that will change when i start to play this class. Don't want to rush this class, but the anticipation is killing me.
    As one who has tested the alpha, all I can tell you, is that you won't be disappointed. ;)
    Cheers,

Dan (ugmojoe)

rpglover wrote:
    Post said that the class has been updated. Can you lets us know what has been updated? Hopefully it will be a download soon, it kinda feels like the moments before a great game comes out and are dying to play the darn thing but can't just yet. Just want to play this class so bad. But i know when it is all done it will be well worth the wait. Here to looking forward to playing the class. Oh yea i have to admit that of all the classes that have been playable so far the shaman is my favorite but i have a feeling that will change when i start to play this class. Don't want to rush this class, but the anticipation is killing me.

I'm very sorry but i cant give you a download link for now :(

the updates are a few, for example:
    -added new skills, 95% of them are online
    -added explanations to these skills: PASSIVE, SUMMON, AURA, ENCHANT...

Also i have a good notice for all that are w8ing this mod: after a programming marathon of 6 hours i've finished to polish the 50% of the skills ready to play ( bugs and troubles expected, but who cares !! :mrgreen: ), i mean i have the 95% of the abilities donem but not implemented levels neither polished them, I hope i've finish it in the next few weeks,
    i really hope so :P
    firmap.gif
  • sounds rather interesting so far

i look forward to it, i love being evil :D
    What is a Man!? A miserable little pile of secrets! but enough talk, have at you!- Dracula
    Good Xmas News : :twisted:

Finally the Demonologist is finished. I've got some technical issues with a couple or three skills and the starting equipment,
    but i'm proud to say that the release date is near, so stay tuned!!

These problems come from a very simple fact, I've never used Torched when building my skills, all of them were coded, line to line, with my hands. So i could mistake ;)

I'm very excited with this proyect, so from today until release date, I'll update in this post new features and change old ones if necessary.

Finally this wont be definitely the last version of the Demonologist: this upcoming version wil be the BETA 1.0, that means the class will be balanced, but only a little, i'll need all your help to balance it and make the final version.

Thx again!
    firmap.gif
    Great stuff Asmodeo! Sounds like you've been hard at work. And when does your holiday start this season? :lol:
    Cheers,

Dan (ugmojoe)

ugmojoe wrote:
    Great stuff Asmodeo! Sounds like you've been hard at work. And when does your holiday start this season? :lol:

Lol I dont know because in february i have exams at University so i have to start studying NOW xD
    firmap.gif
  • This looks awesome! Can't wait for it to come out! I don't really like using mods but I will definately be downloading this one on day one...