[CLASS] Vindicator

Comments

• N3MES1S wrote:
    Ouroboros, nooo, i said, it only happens when i play with the Vindicator. Normally when i am fighting a lot of mobs, it starts freezing 1 second every 4 or 5, i mean it is not a question of low resources, cuz the game runs smoothly, but the class is almost unplayable due to this issue. Maybe is a conflict with other mod, i installed some of em since i stoped using Vindicator, but i remember the first time i started playing with it i also had these 1 second freezes. I needed to start again with another class cuz it is a bit frustrating.
    Honestly, no idea then; it does occasionally lag for me when dealing heavy aoe damage and killing a bunch of enemies at once and when there's an insane amount of enemies on screen at once my framerate can get pretty darn low, but that occurs with every class.

Any specific details on how you're playing the character? skills being used/passives that may have an effect? any mods that may increase how graphically intensive it is at that time? Any info at all that you provide that might help narrow it down is useful tbh. If it is indeed class specific then spacepirate might have a better idea as to the cause too though ofc.
  • OmnicideOmnicide Posts: 263
    Ouroboros wrote:
    N3MES1S wrote:
    Ouroboros, nooo, i said, it only happens when i play with the Vindicator. Normally when i am fighting a lot of mobs, it starts freezing 1 second every 4 or 5, i mean it is not a question of low resources, cuz the game runs smoothly, but the class is almost unplayable due to this issue. Maybe is a conflict with other mod, i installed some of em since i stoped using Vindicator, but i remember the first time i started playing with it i also had these 1 second freezes. I needed to start again with another class cuz it is a bit frustrating.
    Honestly, no idea then; it does occasionally lag for me when dealing heavy aoe damage and killing a bunch of enemies at once and when there's an insane amount of enemies on screen at once my framerate can get pretty darn low, but that occurs with every class.

Any specific details on how you're playing the character? skills being used/passives that may have an effect? any mods that may increase how graphically intensive it is at that time? Any info at all that you provide that might help narrow it down is useful tbh. If it is indeed class specific then spacepirate might have a better idea as to the cause too though ofc.

I think most of it is being caused from the Battle Frenzy skill, especially when it ramps up with more than one effect at a time. Higher powered systems will see less of an issue with the graphics lag than lower powered systems. Otherwise yea, there are a lot of heavy-duty special graphical effects with the Vindicator skill set, especially when your running with full summons and enchantments.
    zml5zp.jpghead%2520splitting.gif
    Though I walk in the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil because I am the baddest mother****er in the valley.
  • Ouroboros wrote:
    (unless you mean the blast is scaled with magic and it's 'retarded-ly' strong?)
    This. I went back and looked at the scaling, and I'm wondering what the **** I was thinking.
    [EFFECT]
    <STRING>ACTIVATION:DYNAMIC
    <STRING>DURATION:10
    <STRING>TYPE:DAMAGE
    <STRING>DAMAGE_TYPE:MAGIC
    <STRING>STATMODIFYNAME:ownerlevel,MAGIC,MELEE
    <STRING>STATMODIFYPERCENT:50,3000,1500
    <STRING>UNITTHEME:Feared
    <BOOL>EXCLUSIVE:false
    <FLOAT>MIN:125
    <FLOAT>MAX:140
    <FLOAT>MINFORCE:4
    <FLOAT>MAXFORCE:5
    [/EFFECT]

Seriously. This is going to get hit SO HARD when I start rebalancing the frenzy skills.
    Ouroboros wrote:
    The knockback is single target instead of aoe then (seen as you imply hitting is enough to imply it does - that only applies to the 1 target you directly hit)? In that case it's more useless than I thought. having 5+monsters that you need to knockback all at once is very very common at higher lvls for a melee class. You'd be surprised how brutal rushing skeletons, especially enslaved, can be at later levels, even with tons of armour+resist blocking thousands of damage.
    It's an aoe blast that stuns and knocks them back. And it never been melee that scares me, all they can do is box me in, and I have skills to negate that. It's ranged shooting you that you have to watch out for. Incidentally, the main reason the Matron lives and the shadow sisters die like flies is because she has a clone of Alric's anti-ranged shield and they don't.
    Ouroboros wrote:
    I'm aware you can scale with level - I still don't really see that alone being enough unless it's a particularly significant scaling. Seen as you mentioned healing mantra I'll use that as an example - for a full heal from almost dead it takes 5-6times as many casts by lvl50 (with >100defence) compared to lvl1 for me, as enchanting becomes more necessary as levels go up, that is likely to grow further.
    It was never intended to be super powerful. The original intentions for the starting skills were for Escape to be a spell like the "Town Warp" mod provides, the Inspect spell to ID everything you were carrying (no good leads on how to implement that) and the Healing Mantra to recover 60-70% of your health. Sadly, they didn't get implemented quite the way I wanted. But here's the scaling on Mantra (which looks awesome when cast using the potion1 animation, btw)
    [EFFECT]
    <STRING>NAME:healing
    <STRING>ACTIVATION:PASSIVE
    <STRING>DURATION:INSTANT
    <STRING>TYPE:HP RECHARGE PLAYER
    <STRING>STATMODIFYNAME:OWNERLEVEL,DEFENSE
    <STRING>STATMODIFYPERCENT:25,500
    <BOOL>EXCLUSIVE:TRUE
    <FLOAT>MIN:30
    <FLOAT>MAX:30
    [/EFFECT]

Level 1, base 10 def: heals for 105; each level is +15 healing, each point of defense is +3 healing
    Ouroboros wrote:
    I'd forgot about ember wave actually...that might manage later on (in conjunction with crystals+bulwark+teleport), barely (though it's a static 20% weapon dmg iirc, so no real point in getting more than 1 level in it); though mangle is currently around 500-600% better than ember wave later on where the base skill +damage becomes pretty much negligible.
    I'll probably up the % wep damage then if it ends up being required.
    Ouroboros wrote:
    ..That'd be good actually, remove the weapon damage/dps from mangle and scale it differently to give normal attacks a reason to be used sometimes for at least most (if not the entirety) of the game; ember wave/lightning in conjunction with an armour/resist lowering ability provide decent late game dps for casters (though it'd be nice if ember waves wep damage improved a little with rank up). Gives reason to use battle trance over spirit trance at times even later on in the game (at least until it's suicide to be in melee range for more than half a second) and more merit to a fighter build without making a caster build scale too poorly for really late game.
    Since I'm going to be fixing the magic blast to quit being insane, Mangle is getting a revamp. As is Zealotry. And the trances.

Current plan:
    Leap Attack: damage cut, 10 seconds off the cooldown, now replaces mangle in the tree
    Zealotry: buff, -5 mana regen, +65% attack speed, +50% cast speed, +15% movement speed; takes Leap's old spot
    Sweeping Strikes (the new Mangle): buff, -10 mana regen, you gain spectral echos (=2 stacking it), +crit damage, and +crit rate, +phys/elem damage; takes Zealotry's old spot
    Battle Trance: loses attack speed, now mid-tree, same otherwise
    Spirit Trance: loses cast speed, increased max mana, lost health regen, end of tree, may get slight cut in mana regen
    Essence Drain currently caps out 12 mana/sec, then goes down to 8/sec at lv5. Level 5 also provides you with healing as well as mana when an enemy dies. And I'm going to work on its scaling to make it very competitive when attack single foes.

And I plan on removing the crystals, since they're mostly unused, and replacing them with a spell I call Tar Pit. It's essentially web with enemy armor/resist reduction so you don't have to get in their face with Intimidate.
    Ouroboros wrote:
    As for N3MES1S's post..not a clue...more specific? are you doing anything in particular (skills? in combat triggering an aoe blast from normal attacks? Just killed lots of enemies at once or something like a champ that dropped lots of items?) when it freezes? do you have other things that may be using a lot of CPU running in the background? A modded torchlight tends to use up a **** of a lot of memory at times so it's possible it's a memory/CPU issue; but no way to be certain - regardless it runs fine for me.
    I second those questions. Without knowing what you're doing at the time, its impossible to tell you why its happening.
  • That blast scaling is pretty darn high, though tbh it has to be pretty high to scale all that well anyway. Mantra is fine as is tbh - was just an example of how the scaling becomes less and less useful over time and has to be pretty ridiculously/insanely high to compete with any sort of decent amount of weapon dmg/dps % scaling

You'll learn to fear fast melee enemies when you come up against enslaves that hit 15k+ damage a hit when you have 20k hp tops :P Deep SV floors get pretty brutal. Zealots and crawlers are still even worse - but the majority of rangers are harmless once you have 100% missile reflect across your gear, and that's pretty easy to obtain when some dropped gear comes with 30-50% reflect a piece and they stack additively (while anything extra over 100% is useless ofc, getting to 100% is easy and saves you a **** of a lot of hassle in the long run). I do know what you mean though - when I did a whiteitem-only vanq i had no missile reflect nor resists, and the rangers were pretty brutal, even the skele rangers dealt quite a lot of damage at times, while the melee could be kited quite easily in general, with only the uber fast skeles/enslaveds+those horrid hasted goblin stabbers really posing a threat, but they died pretty darn fast at those low levels anyway.

That sounds like a pretty big revamp :o Is leap being altogether changed to allow it to appear so early in the tree or just a colossal damage nerf? Will it still have weapon damage and if so what sort of numbers? It's a kinda odd skill to balance as if you hit dead central that one target normally takes 400-500% of the damage the rest of the targets take - to be good aoe it needs to deal decent damage in relation to it's cd for all the other targets, but at the same time if the cd is particularly low (it's not gonna be that low still to be fair though) then the damage to central target has to be limited too. It'll be interesting to see what sort of balance you end up giving it in the end. Hopefully it's enough to make spatial rend+leap worthwhile still (120-180% wep damage rank 10 maybe? lower earlier ofc, should probably start below 100% - I'm sure you'll decide upon something suitable though, and regardless it can't be as insane as it is atm), but without it being godlike. Battle frenzy still gives stacking atk+cast spd doesn't it? I assume that's being kept considering the trances as losing their 50% of each respectively. Anyways, I look forwards to trying out the class again after it's revamped (although tbh I'll likely just respec my skill+stat points+limit myself on the existing character lol, just to imitate levelling without having to start from scratch)
  • N3MES1SN3MES1S Posts: 211
    Omnicide wrote:
    Ouroboros wrote:
    N3MES1S wrote:

I think most of it is being caused from the Battle Frenzy skill, especially when it ramps up with more than one effect at a time. Higher powered systems will see less of an issue with the graphics lag than lower powered systems. Otherwise yea, there are a lot of heavy-duty special graphical effects with the Vindicator skill set, especially when your running with full summons and enchantments.

THIS IS IT. Or almost i think it is, cuz right now, i am playiing without investing in the frenzy skill, i only have it at level 1, and the freezings doesnt seem to come back, sometimes i get a random lag issue (but this is surely for the pc resources cuz im playing with a lot of mobs with the little horde mod) but not like before, so its not possible to play investing in the frenzy skill, cuz the game comes crazy.

I was playing with vindicator and i got a good looking outfit ->
    torchlight7.jpg

.. and i wonder, how the items work, i mean, how to preserve an outfit without it to become useless on higher levels?? or on highter levels the outfit meshes appear as well, but with higher stats?? is there a way to "level up" an item so u can use it even if it from a very low level?

By the way, the Vindicator needs a serious rebalance, the first time i played with it i was using a ranged-magic style, i didnt invest on leap attack, or auras, etc and it was too easy. Now i am investing on melee, with leap attack, and i need to say, its a bit boring and non-challenging (on very hard) more easy even with a ranged-magic skill based strategy. And i am not using frenzy for the lag reasons u guys alreado now. I cant still stop saying i love it, cuz it is a superb well made class, but the little zealot needs a bit nerf cuz she pawns everything she encounters in his path lol.

Btw, it will be more realistic if the lightning zap hits only to visible/reach targets, cuz right now it doesnt matter if u are behind a wall, u can hit em without the need to even move :p. I noticed as well, the leap attack goes backwards sometimes, even if u want to attack a group of mobs in front of you. It is because there is no direct path to em? or it is just a little bug?
  • spacepiratespacepirate Posts: 174
    edited December 2011
    N3MES1S wrote:
    .. and i wonder, how the items work, i mean, how to preserve an outfit without it to become useless on higher levels?? or on highter levels the outfit meshes appear as well, but with higher stats?? is there a way to "level up" an item so u can use it even if it from a very low level?
    Higher level items are the same meshes, just with better stats to them.
    N3MES1S wrote:
    By the way, the Vindicator needs a serious rebalance, the first time i played with it i was using a ranged-magic style, i didnt invest on leap attack, or auras, etc and it was too easy. Now i am investing on melee, with leap attack, and i need to say, its a bit boring and non-challenging (on very hard) more easy even with a ranged-magic skill based strategy. And i am not using frenzy for the lag reasons u guys alreado now. I cant still stop saying i love it, cuz it is a superb well made class, but the little zealot needs a bit nerf cuz she pawns everything she encounters in his path lol.
    You know, that seems to be a popular rumor. :lol:
    N3MES1S wrote:
    Btw, it will be more realistic if the lightning zap hits only to visible/reach targets, cuz right now it doesnt matter if u are behind a wall, u can hit em without the need to even move :p. I noticed as well, the leap attack goes backwards sometimes, even if u want to attack a group of mobs in front of you. It is because there is no direct path to em? or it is just a little bug?
    This is a "feature" of the Alchemist's Ember Lightning spell: to shoot outside line-of-sight. Also, Leap Attack is actually a dash with a jumping animation, so it has the same little quirks that dash attacks do regarding your facing.

N3MES1S wrote:
    THIS IS IT. Or almost i think it is, cuz right now, i am playiing without investing in the frenzy skill, i only have it at level 1, and the freezings doesnt seem to come back, sometimes i get a random lag issue (but this is surely for the pc resources cuz im playing with a lot of mobs with the little horde mod) but not like before, so its not possible to play investing in the frenzy skill, cuz the game comes crazy.
    I think TL is being retarded about stacking the 'power leech' buff and its animation. I thought this would have been corrected when I made them exclusive. Did some testing on a lower spec machine, and it seems to have hiccups when you start LOSING stacks of the animation. I'll investigate further.
  • Ouroboros wrote:
    That blast scaling is pretty darn high, though tbh it has to be pretty high to scale all that well anyway. Mantra is fine as is tbh - was just an example of how the scaling becomes less and less useful over time and has to be pretty ridiculously/insanely high to compete with any sort of decent amount of weapon dmg/dps % scaling
    My level 100, 200magic test character went from 13k blasts to 5k. I will probably just make it a weak hit, in line with the mid-range spells, and put on about half the -armor/resists/speed that intimidate gives off at level 10. And the only change I've done to Healing Mantra is give it a different animation. Which I will probably keep since it looks so cool doing it.
    Ouroboros wrote:
    You'll learn to fear fast melee enemies when you come up against enslaves that hit 15k+ damage a hit when you have 20k hp tops
    If I haven't learned to fear them by now, I never will. :lol:
    Ouroboros wrote:
    Is leap being altogether changed to allow it to appear so early in the tree or just a colossal damage nerf?
    Let's be honest here. It's Doomquake with higher weapon damage and a cooldown. That said, the fire damage is untouched, and the weapon damage gains +15% a level, so its starting Lv1 at 75% damage every 10s, and ending Lv10 at 205% damage every 5s.
    Ouroboros wrote:
    Battle frenzy still gives stacking atk+cast spd doesn't it? I assume that's being kept considering the trances as losing their 50% of each respectively.
    Unleashed Rage is unchanged, the trances simply lost their speed to Zealotry so you no longer have to pick cast speed over attack speed. And attack speed will be up slightly, as melee attacks no longer have a spammable aoe outside of using regular attacks to do sweeping strikes.

and a general question for all: Since they are likely going to stick at the bottom of the tree, how should I buff the traps for melee?
    repulsion aura, to knock enemies away
    gravity well, to draw enemies in
    debilitation, to severely slow enemies that are near it
    and a general question for all: Since they are likely going to stick at the bottom of the tree, how should I buff the traps for melee?

Personally, I really like the idea of the 'gravity well' trap, as it mimics the Spatial Rend skill. So keeping with the theme of the Vindicator, I vote for 'gravity well.' Also, none of the other base classes use a trap with a vacuum-like ability, so it keeps it unique to the Vindicator class.

The Ember Beam Trap is still cool, but like someone mentioned in an earlier post, I didn't notice it being very useful by the time I reached the minimum level (25) required to use it.
    Though I walk in the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil because I am the baddest mother****er in the valley.
  • OuroborosOuroboros Posts: 195
    edited December 2011
    I'll wait until I can test it before saying anything about most the changes you're making at this point tbh; seems like leap will still be pretty powerful late game then, just not ridiculously godlike..will be interesting to see just how well it balances out in the end with the lower cooldown and much lower damage, though by the sounds of it it'll remain a must-get skill that should be able to make quick work of non-champs, but probably no longer able to instagib any champs without ridiculous weapon enchants. Also, starting at 75% at lvl1 with +15% per level would be 220% (correction: 210%, as you mentioned; guess my maths isn't so good when I'm pretty much collapsing due to sleep deprivation lol) by lvl 10, not 205% ;)

Eh..well knockback probably not a great idea (would likely be more harmful than helpful at times lol); a gravity well may be useful, but it'd detract from the usefulness of spatial rend a lot if it's too powerful, neat idea, could be hard to achieve a suitable balance where it's useful without making spatial rend just a heavy nuke is all - if you think you can achieve a suitable balance between the 2 then go for it though...as for a slow, that works I guess, though it'd basically be just like having a web under the trap, which is nothing special - a gravity well also kinda achieves the same thing, just in a more interesting way.

There's plenty of other things that could be done too of course, such as adding interrupt chance or lowering armour/damage, you can even have things trigger when it hits stuff or when when it 'dies' if you wanted; honestly I wouldn't know what to suggest - there's not really anything the class really needs, but it has to be a fairly significant buff to make them worth using, and at the same time not being OP and ideally not rendering other skills almost useless.

Or this:
    oszexv.jpg
    :lol:
  • Ouroboros wrote:
    Also, starting at 75% at lvl1 with +15% per level would be 220% by lvl 10, not 205% ;)
    You're right, I did do the math wrong. It's 210% at level 10. (75+9*15)
    Ouroboros wrote:
    Eh..well knockback probably not a great idea; a gravity well may be useful
    Well, gravity well is just a negative knockback modifier, so it comes down to intent and trap placement. :lol:
    Ouroboros wrote:
    though it'd basically be just like having a web under the trap, which is nothing special - a gravity well also kinda achieves the same thing, just in a more interesting way.
    I think a slow in the 75-90% range, along with a negative 5-10 knockback would make them stick to the trap, and giving it a small-med sized area would insure that you can't just throw them anywhere and have it pull in the entire screen.
    Ouroboros wrote:
    There's plenty of other things that could be done too of course, such as adding interrupt chance or lowering armour/damage, you can even have things trigger when it hits stuff or when when it 'dies' if you wanted; honestly I wouldn't know what to suggest - there's not really anything the class really needs, but it has to be a fairly significant buff to make them worth using, and at the same time not being OP and ideally not rendering other skills almost useless.
    Of course, this aura is intended to go on the traps in addition to their damage ability, and I understand that just stacking in more HIGHER DAMAGE!! buffs tends to get boring when you lack extra utility. It's one thing to create an ability that never gets used because its boring, and quite another to make an ability that shines in 1 scenario that you (try to) never get into. I've basically got a hammer in search of a nail here. :lol:

Edit: seems like the traps are resistant to change. Little buggers won't fire off the auras even if its the only skill they have. :evil: Making the vindicator cast the aura direct shows that it is indeed working.
  • Found an odd bug (using vindicator 1.5b btw, so is most up to date version - TL also up to date ofc) that causes the game to consistently crash when you attempt to equip certain items - Epic dragonscale helm being one of them, and Epic Valcone's dust guard being another. What's really odd is that the normal Valcone's dust guard that I also have works perfectly fine.

So I checked the files provided for the valcone's dust guards out of curiosity and for some reason the item_mesh files are different: The normal one uses "<STRING>ITEM_MESH:media/wardrobe/alchemist/plate_shoulder_drop.mesh" (works) while the Epic one uses "<STRING>ITEM_MESH:media/wardrobe/vindicator/serpent_shoulder_drop.mesh" (which doesn't exist and is almost certainly the problem); similarly the epic dragonscale helm has "<STRING>ITEM_MESH:media/wardrobe/vindicator/dragon_helm_drop.mesh" (also doesn't exist - checking the ogre log confirms that this is causing the crash when I try to equip the epic dragonscale helm), and all of the epic item files also for some bizarre reason include the valkyrie class using basic vanquisher meshs etc - I can only assume they were compiled separately (not that it's an issue having valkyrie added in there - heck, I'll be adding the vindicator entries to one of my custom item-wardrobe fix sets before moving onto the next class anyway), but everything else is the same/as expected.

Fix would be to recompile the items in a way that doesn't stick these non-existant paths in the files (I assume they're in there as a result of the automaton/batching where class names in item_mesh filenames have been changed when they shouldn't have been); or, alternatively, you could simply duplicate suitable item_drop meshs and add the files into the vindicator wardrobe folder with the correct names (dupe destroyers 'dragon_helm_drop' mesh, same filename, etc., there's quite a few though).

Looking at other files quite a lot of the epics seem to have this filename issue (basically all of the shoulders+helms (the gloves/boots/chests don't even have item_mesh file paths), actually), while the non-epics don't. So I can only assume that you automated them separately and set the item_mesh class names to be overwritten for the epics but not the normal ones, and if that's the case then just reautomating them all without setting item_meshs to be overwritten should fix it. Some of the epics work fine still because the item_meshs for them are in the vindicator folder, but not all the item_mesh files are in there, and tbh, shouldn't need to be - they're only duplicates of existing files anyway.

Suppose I should hurry up and add the vindicator to my own wardrobe fix list so I don't have to put up with it up until you update the download. Thankfully it only affects epic shoulders+helms that don't have drop meshes in the vindicator wardrobe folder so it's unlikely to cause issues for people until they get to lvl40-50+, and even then some people might not realise at all depending on what shoulder/helm armour they come across+use with the class.

Oh right, and about the +block potion bug, I tried some albino halibut's and it had the same issue (it happens regardless of which affix basically), so I can only assume it's an issue with too many +% block buffs (I have..5-6 (with/without the the buff that gives +block) at a time) preventing potions from applying a further +% block onto the counter correctly (instead gives +0% or +1%, isn't very consistent); It's possible one of my many many other mods is contributing to the issue as well, but it's not a serious enough for me to really care to go to great lengths to check, as frankly I always assume block will fail in general and just hope that if I **** up and need it to work then it'll save me enough health for me to get away.
  • Ouroboros wrote:
    Found an odd bug (using vindicator 1.5b btw, so is most up to date version - TL also up to date ofc) that causes the game to consistently crash when you attempt to equip certain items - Epic dragonscale helm being one of them, and Epic Valcone's dust guard being another. What's really odd is that the normal Valcone's dust guard that I also have works perfectly fine.

So I checked the files provided for the valcone's dust guards out of curiosity and for some reason the item_mesh files are different: The normal one uses "<STRING>ITEM_MESH:media/wardrobe/alchemist/plate_shoulder_drop.mesh" (works) while the Epic one uses "<STRING>ITEM_MESH:media/wardrobe/vindicator/serpent_shoulder_drop.mesh" (which doesn't exist and is almost certainly the problem); similarly the epic dragonscale helm has "<STRING>ITEM_MESH:media/wardrobe/vindicator/dragon_helm_drop.mesh" (also doesn't exist - checking the ogre log confirms that this is causing the crash when I try to equip the epic dragonscale helm), and all of the epic item files also for some bizarre reason include the valkyrie class using basic vanquisher meshs etc - I can only assume they were compiled separately (not that it's an issue having valkyrie added in there - heck, I'll be adding the vindicator entries to one of my custom item-wardrobe fix sets before moving onto the next class anyway), but everything else is the same/as expected.
    Odd that the drop meshes would be causing the problem, since that is what shows when it is lying on the ground. I feel that I should mention that I didn't even have epic items for the Vindicator until after I had installed the Valkyrie, and I wasn't about to go through and remove all instances of it from the epics, so I felt it was harmless enough to leave them there. Given the amount of problems lately, I think I should do a "clean" version of the Vindicator items, where its Destroyer/Alchemist/Vanquisher/Vindicator only in the files. Also, I'm fixing the serpent set to read "<STRING>ITEM_MESH:media/wardrobe/vindicator/plate_shoulder_drop.mesh" to match the serpent set implementation for the alchemists, and it looks like I missed copying the .mesh out of the original folders before I prepped for uploading (though I apparently got it in after, since my WIP copy has them).
    Ouroboros wrote:
    Looking at other files quite a lot of the epics seem to have this filename issue (basically all of the shoulders+helms (the gloves/boots/chests don't even have item_mesh file paths), actually), while the non-epics don't. So I can only assume that you automated them separately and set the item_mesh class names to be overwritten for the epics but not the normal ones, and if that's the case then just reautomating them all without setting item_meshs to be overwritten should fix it. Some of the epics work fine still because the item_meshs for them are in the vindicator folder, but not all the item_mesh files are in there, and tbh, shouldn't need to be - they're only duplicates of existing files anyway.
    That's pure human error, since there was no automation involved. Any place where the item_mesh was defined for the base classes I was modeling it after, I made an entry for the Vindicator. I was able to stay consistent for most of the items, but errors did creep in near the end there.

For a system with basefiles to copy all the attributes of the items, I feel that Runic really dropped the ball on the epic tier of items. Really, they should be using the previous tier as a base, with new specifics for stats so you don't have to go through the hassle of redefining the appearance. I might even give that a go when I'm mucking through all these items.

...so if you guys have any suggestions for changing item icons and whatnot, feel free to let me know before I run through all these items again. :lol:
    I was really bored today, so I threw a few screenshots together and made this fan art collage of the Vindicator posing in The Black Palace:

The Vindicator (in full Assassin's armor)
    b8743m.jpg
  • Omnicide wrote:
    I was really bored today, so I threw a few screenshots together and made this fan art collage of the Vindicator posing in The Black Palace:

The Vindicator (in full Assassin's armor)
    b8743m.jpg

woot! that is an awesome looking vindicator there my friend. whats her level?
    animatednewonelightning.gif
    Crossfire PH player
    IGN: bL1m3Y
    woot! that is an awesome looking vindicator there my friend. whats her level?

Thanks; that's compliments of Arkham's redesign of the Assassin/Matron armor.

She's currently halfway to level 39 on Very Hard soft core (0 deaths to date). I haven't played her much due to the fact that I've been busy with some **** challenges, but I think I'm going to take her as far into the Shadow Vault as possible, and perhaps to Strangeland, since I've never been there before.
  • nice, cant wait to get that set too :D looks like its time for some grinding! :D
    Crossfire PH player
  • hey spacepirate, i encountered a prob in game, and since i was using this class mod when it occur i figure i should consult it to you too, anyway here's the link http://forums.runicgames.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=21423 thanks, hope our experienced modders and coders would also take a look at it.
    Crossfire PH player
  • Please, can you give me item's files that include only Des, Vanquist, Alche and Vidicator class?? It's so flexible when it also includes Spiritist and VALKYRIE class (many wrong wardrope and textures file) cause I want to put it into other mods easily without conflict... especcially with Spiritist's mod , Valkyrie's mod and Jericho's mod, so I can save time... Honestly , i have a big ambition about creating the biggest class mod pack (just share and fun)...
  • Please, can you give me item's files that include only Des, Vanquist, Alche and Vidicator class?? It's so flexible when it also includes Spiritist and VALKYRIE class (many wrong wardrope and textures file) cause I want to put it into other mods easily without conflict... especcially with Spiritist's mod , Valkyrie's mod and Jericho's mod, so I can save time... Honestly , i have a big ambition about creating the biggest class mod pack (just share and fun)...
    Don't worry, you'll get them from the same place as everyone else when I release the next update. And to be honest, its super easy to remove the entries for the valk and spiritist out of the current version, its just really time consuming.
  • oh nice... an update coming soon? soooo excited right now! :D
    Crossfire PH player
  • Glad to hear that... By the way , i want to say that you should add a Vindicator's seperated INTRO_CINEMATIC, her voices... and ì you can , add a best suitable pet for.. (a armored monters) what do you think?
  • Glad to hear that... By the way , i want to say that you should add a Vindicator's seperated INTRO_CINEMATIC, her voices... and ì you can , add a best suitable pet for.. (a armored monters) what do you think?
    Let's go over these in order:

1. They have their own INTRO, ****, I even have a GAMEWIN made for them
    2. I don't do voice work, and I'm not about to find someone to do it for me
    3. The "best suitable pet" is officially "none", but I'm not enforcing it, which is why you only get the fish to transform your pet into imaginary

And I'll probably get an update out sometime tonight, after I clear up the tier2 items.
  • HURRAY!!! update's tonight! woohoo!
    btw, about my animation prob, i think im getting those statue issues cuz of a missing 'Attack1' animation that TL cant find anywhere, and it only happens when i have serpent set in my inventory. hmm.
    Crossfire PH player
  • HURRAY!!! update's tonight! woohoo!
    btw, about my animation prob, i think im getting those statue issues cuz of a missing 'Attack1' animation that TL cant find anywhere, and it only happens when i have serpent set in my inventory. hmm.
    Attack1 is there, it's just that TL drops Attack1 quite a lot when its trying to load something and fails. You need to dig around and see if it happens while casting or equipping something specific. It also happens (usually rarely) when the mouseover tooltip tries to load info.

Updates out. Skill trees and abilities have been redone, so make sure to drink your respec potions and respend those skill points.
    HURRAY!!! update's tonight! woohoo!
    Attack1 is there, it's just that TL drops Attack1 quite a lot when its trying to load something and fails. You need to dig around and see if it happens while casting or equipping something specific. It also happens (usually rarely) when the mouseover tooltip tries to load info.

Updates out. Skill trees and abilities have been redone, so make sure to drink your respec potions and respend those skill points.

Thanks for the update, spacepirate; I think I'm going to just make a character from scratch to test out the new changes you made. 8-)
  • Attack1 is there, it's just that TL drops Attack1 quite a lot when its trying to load something and fails. You need to dig around and see if it happens while casting or equipping something specific. It also happens (usually rarely) when the mouseover tooltip tries to load info.

nice downloading now, ima go test out more things to find out whats causing it.
    Crossfire PH player
  • oh my! the new starting armor is ****! :D black is ****! and the sweeping strikes added more flavor to the melee build style. love it :D great job spacepirate, i salute ya, oh and can i request for a custom vindicator body skin? the one that looks like a human's? XD

Edit: had a CTD when i equiped the zoromun's ideal(dragonscale icon) i think this was already mentioned by someone. anyways here's the ogre.log's last line
    23:18:20: OGRE EXCEPTION(6:FileNotFoundException): Cannot locate resource  in resource group General or any other group. in ResourceGroupManager::openResource at C:\svn\Projects\ogre161\OgreMain\src\OgreResourceGroupManager.cpp (line 799)

Crossfire PH player
  • I have a bug with this mod.It is the only mod in the mod folder.
    I installed last version (1.6) in a mod folder called Vindicator and merged all media folders inside, after executing the remove_binary.
    First when I use a skill the character "freeze" and stop animations but can still move.After that there is a runtime error (I remember somethig with visual basic...)
    Anyone else having this bug ?
    Is there a fix for the animations freeze ?
    laharl9999 wrote:
    I have a bug with this mod.It is the only mod in the mod folder.
    I installed last version (1.6) in a mod folder called Vindicator and merged all media folders inside, after executing the remove_binary.
    First when I use a skill the character "freeze" and stop animations but can still move.After that there is a runtime error (I remember somethig with visual basic...)
    Anyone else having this bug ?
    Is there a fix for the animations freeze ?

I remember this happening when I first started using the Vindicator mod. It would do the same thing every time you put your first skill point in a new ability and tried to use it.

I haven't tested the new 1.6 update yet, but you should be able to simply escape out of the game, quit, and restart the game and things should be okay again. If this doesn't work, spacepirate will probably need to fix it.