[CLASS] Vindicator

Comments

• N3MES1SN3MES1S Posts: 211
    I like the new starting outfit and i like the new mantra animation :p, good job Omnicide. Btw, since the animation of the Mantra doesnt fit the description of the skill, will not be better to change the name to "Mantra Potion" or something like that? :p i still need to try the sweeping skill, the leap attack is still very OP, u can advance with no problems at all only with the leap attack skill. Maybe if the leap attack is active only at higher levels will be better for balance, i dunno. Still, like always, i love it no matter wat =)
  • OmnicideOmnicide Posts: 263
    N3MES1S wrote:
    I like the new starting outfit and i like the new mantra animation :p, good job spacepirate. Btw, since the animation of the Mantra doesnt fit the description of the skill, will not be better to change the name to "Mantra Potion" or something like that? :p i still need to try the sweeping skill, the leap attack is still very OP, u can advance with no problems at all only with the leap attack skill. Maybe if the leap attack is active only at higher levels will be better for balance, i dunno. Still, like always, i love it no matter wat =)

I edited your post. ;)
    zml5zp.jpghead%2520splitting.gif
    Though I walk in the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil because I am the baddest mother****er in the valley.
    Omnicide wrote:
    N3MES1S wrote:
    I like the new starting outfit and i like the new mantra animation :p, good job spacepirate. Btw, since the animation of the Mantra doesnt fit the description of the skill, will not be better to change the name to "Mantra Potion" or something like that? :p i still need to try the sweeping skill, the leap attack is still very OP, u can advance with no problems at all only with the leap attack skill. Maybe if the leap attack is active only at higher levels will be better for balance, i dunno. Still, like always, i love it no matter wat =)

I edited your post. ;)

Ops. :oops: (between you, spacepirate, phanjam and other "Aces" the confusion invades my mind =) thx for the edit.

Tried the sweeping strike, its awesome :p, u resolved the problem of the mangle using 2 handed weapons in a very effective way =)
  • N3MES1S wrote:
    It's actually "Healing Draught" now. I forgot that I had changed only part of it. (since I never read my skill names anymore :oops: ) But I'm glad you like the new outfit, I felt it was more appropriate to have the cloth/leather starting gear, so it looks more like an upgrade when you get those first few drops. When I get more time I'm also going to put more into the Vind item sets, and that includes a 2 piece set that gives 2% block with the regular starting blades, with a more matching appearance.

And to be honest, you could advance with no problems before, so leap is going to stay as-is for a while. :lol:
    N3MES1S wrote:
    Tried the sweeping strike, its awesome :p, u resolved the problem of the mangle using 2 handed weapons in a very effective way =)
    Yes, after seeing how the melee side was so reliant on magic as to make using strength pointless, I decided it would be better to give a stronger physical aoe, and spectral echo worked out well enough. It's less reliant on procs now, but that means its probably going to end up being more OP than it was previously. Oh well.
    Well, i am playing with some mods that gives me some strong weapons... (for example the kriegmeisser mod) and combined with the sweeping strikes it is very very very easy =) u kill everyone in almost 1 hit, even the normal mobs of the non-history maps (of course i only have the leap and sweeping strikes skills leveled up) . I kill a story boss in 3-4 hits.. i should start a game without stronger weapons, to see how much it changes the balance of the difficulty. Or maybe i will just try the HC mode, i played in VH since i can remember lol. The -10 mana is a good balance idea, but again, with some new gems from other mods, if i am lucky i can get +12 mana regeneration or more and i can use leap + sweeping strikes... o_O

BTW, i discovered a crash when trying to equip a Dragonscale Chest, any ideas?
  • N3MES1S wrote:
    BTW, i discovered a crash when trying to equip a Dragonscale Chest, any ideas?
    Looks like I screwed up the dragon armors. They're looking for zealot_dragon_body.png, and it's actually zealot_dragon_chest.png.

Affected files:
    \[CLASS]Vindicator\media\units\items\armor\d_chest_unique_11a.dat
    \[CLASS]Vindicator\media\units\items\armor\d_chest_unique_11b.dat
    \[CLASS]Vindicator\media\units\items\armor\d_chest_unique_11c.dat
    \[CLASS]Vindicator\media\units\items\itemtier2\armor\epicd_chest_unique_11a.dat
    \[CLASS]Vindicator\media\units\items\itemtier2\armor\epicd_chest_unique_11b.dat

Since these are the only 5 that reference this in any way, a solution until I next update would be to find \[CLASS]Vindicator\media\wardrobe\vindicator\zealot_dragon_chest.png and rename it to zealot_dragon_body.png
  • finally! i can wear that zuromon armor set!! woo ive been craving for it eversince i looted it! :D thanks for the workaround, and good luck on the next update.
    animatednewonelightning.gif
    Crossfire PH player
    IGN: bL1m3Y
  • finally! i can wear that zuromon armor set!! woo ive been craving for it eversince i looted it! :D thanks for the workaround, and good luck on the next update.
    Well, the "correct" way to do it is to redo the 5 file entries, but that's for the sake of naming conventions. There's really no difference in going with either *_chest or *_body.

In all honesty, I probably had it named zealot_dragon_body.png, and changed it to zealot_dragon_chest.png to match the other heavy armors, but forgot to correct the files. And epic zoromun is using the assassin graphics, for what its worth. :lol:
  • ive discovered another item bug see this
    01252012_165547878.png
    its supposed to be a serpent boots icon, when i tried to wear it, the game crashed. i think this is also causing me the statue bug.
    Crossfire PH player
  • ive discovered another item bug see this
    01252012_165547878.png
    its supposed to be a serpent boots icon, when i tried to wear it, the game crashed. i think this is also causing me the statue bug.
    That there is a typo.

\[CLASS]Vindicator\media\units\items\boots\d_boots_unique_10c.dat
    [WARDROBE]
    <STRING>CLASS:Vindicator
    <STRING>TEXTURE:media/wardrobe/vindicator/zealot_serpet_boots.png
    <STRING>MESH:media/wardrobe/vindicator/zealot_serpent_set.mesh
    <STRING>ICON:alchemist_boots_08
    [/WARDROBE]

I doubt we have a lot of serpets, but serpents abound.
  • That there is a typo.

\[CLASS]Vindicator\media\units\items\boots\d_boots_unique_10c.dat
    [WARDROBE]
    <STRING>TEXTURE:media/wardrobe/vindicator/zealot_serpet_boots.png
    <STRING>MESH:media/wardrobe/vindicator/zealot_serpent_set.mesh
    <STRING>ICON:alchemist_boots_08
    [/WARDROBE]

I doubt we have a lot of serpets, but serpents abound.

so i just have to edit that huh. alrighty! :) oh is it ok if u make an alternate body skin color for vindie? i tried editing it myself but im haveing trouble with the facial skin, it doesnt seem to change right. thanks for replying :D
    Crossfire PH player
  • oh is it ok if u make an alternate body skin color for vindie? i tried editing it myself but im haveing trouble with the facial skin, it doesnt seem to change right.
    What, you don't like purple ladies? :mrgreen:

But seriously, I'd ask bran about getting the skin he made for his barbarian zealot, since I **** with skin tones.
  • What, you don't like purple ladies? :mrgreen:
    yeah, i have a strange taste for normal ladies, i mean who doesnt like purple ladies, right? :lol:
    But seriously, I'd ask bran about getting the skin he made for his barbarian zealot,

that would be nice! thank you for that :)
    since I **** with skin tones.
    i **** at the whole modding thing XD
    Crossfire PH player
  • sup, just wanted to report a crash-bug with this item "Snapdragon Scalecoat". (crashed when trying to equip)
    (using only this mod v1.6 and the one with respec potion)
    tlbug.jpg
  • spectre900 wrote:
    sup, just wanted to report a crash-bug with this item "Snapdragon Scalecoat". (crashed when trying to equip)
    (using only this mod v1.6 and the one with respec potion)
    Covered in this post:
    Looks like I screwed up the dragon armors. They're looking for zealot_dragon_body.png, and it's actually zealot_dragon_chest.png.

Affected files:
    \[CLASS]Vindicator\media\units\items\armor\d_chest_unique_11a.dat
    \[CLASS]Vindicator\media\units\items\armor\d_chest_unique_11b.dat
    \[CLASS]Vindicator\media\units\items\armor\d_chest_unique_11c.dat
    \[CLASS]Vindicator\media\units\items\itemtier2\armor\epicd_chest_unique_11a.dat
    \[CLASS]Vindicator\media\units\items\itemtier2\armor\epicd_chest_unique_11b.dat

Since these are the only 5 that reference this in any way, a solution until I next update would be to find \[CLASS]Vindicator\media\wardrobe\vindicator\zealot_dragon_chest.png and rename it to zealot_dragon_body.png

Snapdragon Scalecoat is d_chest_unique_11b
  • oh uh... can i modify ur armors a lil bit? skin-wise. just gona do some recolorings i figured i'd try modding, starting with cosmetics. but its gona be for my personal use, so....
    Crossfire PH player
  • oh uh... can i modify ur armors a lil bit? skin-wise. just gona do some recolorings i figured i'd try modding, starting with cosmetics. but its gona be for my personal use, so....
    Go for it. This whole mod started as a personal-use project based on the Spiritist.
  • cool, thanks! :)
    Crossfire PH player
  • must say this character is quite fun to play. bit squishy maybe (I play on hard)? my first melee fighter died quite a lot even with relatively high life steal, armor and resists. and those blasted dark zealots often one shotted me =/

tried a ranged build on my second character and that worked better than I expected. maybe even too good? was surprised at how well ranged weapons work with Sweeping Strikes and Leap Attack. (tho it may have something to do with the weapon I found...)
    demon4q.png

got any builds you could recommend to try (melee/ranged/mage)? and do you know if there are any alternate armor/body skins somewhere? did some modifications to some of them, but it's mostly just color changes n such (all I know how to do).

anyways, love the character!
    and no other bugs found yet. =)
    Lol, i dont think u need to try different builds for the Vindicator, as it is a overpowered character, so i think any build u have will do the job, watever weapons / armor u use. I remind u there is a Zealot patch that fix the -one shooted- bug of the zealot lightning. Once u fix that, the Vindicator is an awesome ranged and melee class (wat u prefer it doesnt matter). I play in Very Hard and the game turns very easy playing with the Vindicator, so i nerfed her a bit trying to make the game more interesting (for example allowing some skills to appear only at higher levels). The Leap is maybe the skill more oop of the tree, since u can adquire it on very low levels, so i changed it to be allow to use it only at level 12 (just in time to fight those dam little pygmy ****!) and the ember lance the same, only until level 20 or something like that. And other fixes, like very low starting dmg, less starting stat points, etc (everything i could...) since i dont like to play games in a very easy way. This, plus i play in conjunction with other mods that gives me strong weapons and gems, makes the Vindy very very op... I suposse spacepirate will update the Vindicator one day (i hope so) and he will nerf a bit the class, but if he doesnt, u can do it by your own means. The armored Vindicator looks awesome and its probably that the new version of the Vindy will be more balanced, i hooope so. =)

P.D.: U really should start playing the game only in Very Hard and ****, everything below that is in my opinion a waste of time with modded classes, cuz the game turns very very easy. In very hard is already very easy, so i cant imagine playing only in Hard lol.
    spectre900 wrote:
    must say this character is quite fun to play. bit squishy maybe (I play on hard)? my first melee fighter died quite a lot even with relatively high life steal, armor and resists. and those blasted dark zealots often one shotted me =/

tried a ranged build on my second character and that worked better than I expected. maybe even too good? was surprised at how well ranged weapons work with Sweeping Strikes and Leap Attack. (tho it may have something to do with the weapon I found...)
    demon4q.png

got any builds you could recommend to try (melee/ranged/mage)? and do you know if there are any alternate armor/body skins somewhere? did some modifications to some of them, but it's mostly just color changes n such (all I know how to do).

anyways, love the character!
    and no other bugs found yet. =)

To avoid the one-shot kill from the Dark Zealots while playing the Vindicator there's a few things you could do: throw a few points into Summon Shadow Sisters (5 pts was the max last time I checked); this will give you up to 3 ghost sisters and 1 mercenary to fight by your side and give the Dark Zealots something else to shoot at. You could also put a single point into Summon Battle Matron which will add one more (powerful) meat-shield to your defense. If you don't want any summons, then putting some points into Ember Lance is useful for zapping their gray ****-wearing ****.

Looking at your stats I also noticed your Electrical resistance is in pretty sad shape. I would try to get it up to 200-300 pts at the very least if you want to survive even one blast of red zealot lightening. With any character I play I focus most of my gear around Electrical resist, Fire being second.
    Though I walk in the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil because I am the baddest mother****er in the valley.
  • spectre900 wrote:
    must say this character is quite fun to play. bit squishy maybe (I play on hard)? my first melee fighter died quite a lot even with relatively high life steal, armor and resists. and those blasted dark zealots often one shotted me =/
    Blade Ward is your friend. With this buff maxed, you have 21% block and 70% reflect missiles. So all you need to laugh in the face of dark zealots would be another 30% missile reflect. For those of you not aware, missile reflect is additive for the reflect chance, while the damage amount is just there. So once you get 100% reflect, any mob that throws direct spells can't touch you. In standard TL, this all came from gear, often with no other bonus, so you can see why dark zealots were so brutal.
    spectre900 wrote:
    They work with casting too, so you can go for a hard hitting staff as well. A lot of setup went in to making the Vindicator be able to use anything they found, instead of being forced into a set path. Though no skills favor dexterity builds, sorry. :oops:
    spectre900 wrote:
    Go with whatever build strikes your fancy, really. And in regards to looks, basically, what you see if what you get. But you can check Wardrobing The Zealot and [WIP] vindicator barbarian style to see if there's anything there that catches your eye.
    Omnicide, it doesnt matter wat ammount of electrical resistance u get, the Zealot lightning kills u in 1 shot, i already tried with about 500 electrical resistance with no changes. U can kill her on many ways, but u can also fix her with the mod over there. I agree the best strategy is using minnions, and ember lance yea is maybe the only skill that can hit far from the zealot's sight range.
    N3MES1S wrote:
    Omnicide, it doesnt matter wat ammount of electrical resistance u get, the Zealot lightning kills u in 1 shot, i already tried with about 500 electrical resistance with no changes. U can kill her on many ways, but u can also fix her with the mod over there. I agree the best strategy is using minnions, and ember lance yea is maybe the only skill that can hit far from the zealot's sight range.

High hit points and defense help quite a bit, also. But anything beyond a single bolt would usually kill me dead in most games. I hated the zealots the first time I played through Torchlight, but after awhile you learn to deal with them, albeit very carefully.
    Omnicide wrote:
    N3MES1S wrote:

High hit points and defense help quite a bit, also. But anything beyond a single bolt would usually kill me dead in most games. I hated the zealots the first time I played through Torchlight, but after awhile you learn to deal with them, albeit very carefully.

Yeah, but sometimes at those high levels on the shadow vault it gets a bit boring to spent too much time killing 1 single Zealot =), but i must say i only played once with the Vindicator on the Shadow Vault, and i didnt play again on sv since then. I must played about 3 times on the shadow vault, the first one was without the fix mod, and i always used minnions+ember lance to kill the zealots, but still i was a bit frustrated when i was suddenly dead by the **** lightning in 1 hit after a very good job with the previous 10 zealots lol. Not for the death itself, but for the fact that there was an op monster in the game lol. Not to mention the ammount of time i wasted on every level.. played with the fix after that and the things became the opposite.. very very easy... so i decided to modify the fix mod allowing it to hit with a bit more %, and let the things a bit balanced....
    Spacepirate, i just started another game with the Vindicator and i suffered more crashes..

2 crashes trying to equip leather armour and leather shoes.

This is odd since i remember played time ago and didnt notice this.

For example,

It seems that the game is looking for

[WARDROBE]
    <STRING>CLASS:VINDICATOR
    <STRING>TEXTURE:media\wardrobe\vindicator\leather_chest.png
    <STRING>MESH:media\wardrobe\vindicator\vanquisher_leather.mesh
    <STRING>ICON:vanq_leather_body
    [/WARDROBE]

the texture should be zealot_leather_chest, but i cant find anywhere in the wardrobe directory the file vanquisher_leather.mesh , i suposse the right file is zealot_leather.mesh??

and in the case of boots ->

[WARDROBE]
    <STRING>CLASS:VINDICATOR
    <STRING>TEXTURE:media\wardrobe\vindicator\leather_boots.png
    <STRING>MESH:media\wardrobe\vindicator\vanquisher_leather.mesh
    <STRING>ICON:vanq_leather_boots
    [/WARDROBE]

I cant find leather_boots.png and the mesh file vanquisher_leather.mesh isnt there, and it was the same file as the chest..

Im wondering wth is going on since these items are the first ones u get in the game, and nobody suffered this issues...
  • N3MES1S wrote:
    Spacepirate, i just started another game with the Vindicator and i suffered more crashes..

2 crashes trying to equip leather armour and leather shoes.

This is odd since i remember played time ago and didnt notice this.
    Well, I double checked the files. They all appear to be using the following:

Chest:
    [WARDROBE]
    <STRING>TEXTURE:media/wardrobe/vindicator/zealot_leather_chest.png
    <STRING>MESH:media/wardrobe/vindicator/zealot_leather.mesh
    <STRING>ICON:vanq_leather_body
    [/WARDROBE]

Boots:
    [WARDROBE]
    <STRING>TEXTURE:media/wardrobe/vindicator/zealot_leather_boots.png
    <STRING>MESH:media/wardrobe/vindicator/zealot_leather.mesh
    <STRING>ICON:vanq_leather_boots
    [/WARDROBE]

It might be something to do with combining custom class armors for compatibility, since the Vindicator doesn't follow with any of the 3 original classes, so if you try to generate files for the Vindicator, it won't be correct. OR, you have some really old files, from before they were switched.
    O nm, i must be idiot or something lol. I forgot that i cleaned up my entire class mods and when i used the item fixer on a clean items files (they only got the 3 original classes) to add the Vindicator, i totally forgot that u changed the names and i needed your item files first to use the item fixer on em to add the other classes :p so i messed up my vindicator installation.

So nm, and good job on the Vindy (and i am waiting ansoious for watever updates u are going to do lol).
  • didn't find many custom skins so I made some some edits to some of the existing ones (hope you don't mind) and I also made a new body armor for the Valkyrie set to make it look a bit more like the thumbnail for the armor (still needs some tweaks tho). also made some new default clothes.

Valkyrie armor.
    zealotvalk.png
    zealotvalk2.png
    zealot_valkyrie_chest.png

assassin edit and and default.
    zealot3.png
    starting_chestv1.png
    (I do not give out edited armor/skins if I do not own the original. also, feel free to use any skins I have made as you wish)

also wish more helmets had those horns, she looks... naked without them =/
    Very good job man, but honestly, i cant think on any clothes that could not fix in the Vindy lool.