Music of Torchlight II

PatrickBPatrickB Posts: 898
edited May 2012 in TL2 General Discussions
We are excited to bring you a sneak peek into the music of Torchlight II! We reveal the Torchlight II theme track, photos and a video of recording live in Slovakia, and a Q & A with composer Matt Uelmen and CEO Max Schaefer. Enjoy!

Music of Torchlight II: http://torchlight2game.com/news/2011/05/06/music-of-torchlight-ii/

Comments

• Link to the earlier discussion for this: http://forums.runicgames.com/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=17517
  • AttackGorillaAttackGorilla Posts: 1,656
    Surprised nobody has posted on this yet, but I just wanted to say that it sounds amazing and epically cinematic. I have TL music in my mp3 player and look forward to adding TL2.
  • Thank you so much for making this blog post. It was really interesting to read some of what goes into the Soundtrack to these games. It was an eye opener to read about how the soundtracks to Torchlight 1 and 2 compare to Diablo 2. I knew there was some lineage, but I didn't know just how much DNA they actually shared.

Torchlight 2 is really going to be something SPECIAL.
  • I think people will be blown away with what Matt has done in the music for TL2. :)
  • The Teaser and Title Track Preview sounds awesome. Music is sometimes such a "forgotten child" (as we say in dutch). Music can really emphasize an atmosphere in a game, and for me the atmosphere is one of the (if not the) main elements of a game.
  • Yeah, I like the music and music is always an important mood setter. With each new tidbit I read or in this case listen, I get more excited about it's release.
  • I'm digging the new music. It sounds so GOOD. I catch myself usually playing the 2 pieces that were released at least once a week.

Matt is amazing.
  • SmimsSmims Posts: 43
    I'm listening a lot the Dungeon music of Diablo 1 because it's soo creepy and not a usual music. I would really like to see one (1) music in TL2 with the same ambiance composed by Matt Uelmen. The drum in the music is so cool that it have to be reused, also the hi pitch sounds are only for horror/mysterious sounds and not for instruments.

The Skeleton king will rest in peace after hearing this new masterpiece
  • I've heard about it for the longest time, but that's the first time that I've ever seen the Slovakian pipe organ in action. I can see why people speak so highly of it.
    ..(>'o')> (::) <('o'<)..
    "Using them for wickedness would be like beating a unicorn to death with a bag of rainbows..."
    "There is no Gnomish Deathgrip, and even if there was, it wouldn't involve tongs!"
  • It's easy to overlook the music in a video game, and under-appreciate its effect on the atmosphere. This insight into such an underrated topic is what makes a game worth playing. As said in nearly every topic on the forum, TL2 is going to be epic.
    For me, Final Fantasy games have ALWAYS had the greatest soundtracks in the gaming world. Nobuo Uematsu is a genius.
    Ember Phasing is the ONLY way to travel.
  • Just posting here to keep track of the post. Sadly I cant check the music right now (gotta work, work, work)
  • Any chance we will be able to buy the soundtrack in FLAC format?
  • bad thing i didn't read that earlier, as for i would have contributed to that project in form of giving super-local advice to mr. uelmen about which places he should have visited in my hometown, vienna ;) but i am sure he had a nice stay there and in bratislava without my advice as well :)
    -Benny, bring me everyone.
    -What d' you mean, everyone?
    -EVERYYYYOOOOOOONE!!!
  • Listening now to the title track preview!
  • DOM971DOM971 Posts: 10
    Thank you Matt for the new promo title we got with the Q and A at http://www.torchlight2game.com/news/201 ... a-podcast/

the new music tracks from Torchlight 2 are gorgeous !!!

french fan here
  • QueenchQueench Posts: 256
    Great music means much for game like Tl2 its increase game quality alot and looks like they did great work with Tl 2 musics .
    psig541372581.png
  • Wow.it sounds awesome on my corsair sp-2500 sound system ! Well done Runic :mrgreen:
    I am not a fanboy yet
  • You guys will love the TL 2 soundtrack. :D
  • jamesLjamesL Posts: 3,568
    PatrickB wrote:
    You guys will love the TL 2 soundtrack. :D
    I bet we won't

go ahead, play a little right now, prove me wrong
    I don't have a sig
  • RustyRusty Posts: 1,640
    jamesL wrote:
    PatrickB wrote:
    I bet we won't

I was totally going to say that. Beat me to it.

"I don't believe anything until I hear it for myself."
  • ManmothsManmoths Posts: 237
    Both of you better have good excuses for this blasphemy when you stand before the **** of music, matt uleman on judgement day. Personally i would be inclined to throw you both to Ordrak oh ye of little faith!
    Remove sticky casting!
    viewtopic.php?f=30&t=37045

TL2 expansion pack ideas!
    viewtopic.php?f=30&t=41226
  • freddyfreddy Posts: 326
    *votes for TL2 soundtrack on amazon*
  • jamesLjamesL Posts: 3,568
    Manmoths wrote:
    Both of you better have good excuses for this blasphemy when you stand before the **** of music, matt uleman on judgement day. Personally i would be inclined to throw you both to Ordrak oh ye of little faith!
    shhh, we're trying to fool the devs into releasing the music
    I think its almost working
    I don't have a sig
  • jamesL wrote:
    PatrickB wrote:
    I bet we won't

I am playing it right now. You can't hear it?
  • ZiddersZidders Posts: 14,334 ✭✭✭
    Oooooh...burn!
    ItfooQF.png
  • RustyRusty Posts: 1,640
    PatrickB wrote:
    jamesL wrote:
    PatrickB wrote:
    I bet we won't

I am playing it right now. You can't hear it?

Of course I can...can't you see me? I am standing right behind you..nope not there...try again. :twisted:
    Rusty wrote:
    Of course I can...can't you see me? I am standing right behind you..nope not there...try again. :twisted:
    tumblr_lftlyqIMXV1qbgdqpo1_500.jpg
    ItfooQF.png
    Of instruction course I can...can't you see me? I am standing right at the rear of you..nope not there...
    lol
    ItfooQF.png
  • adoomgodadoomgod Posts: 4,270
    Zidders wrote:
    Of instruction course I can...can't you see me? I am standing right at the rear of you..nope not there...
    lol

That was a bot!? I lol'd as well. We should have rewarded that bot by visiting whatever it was selling. Yes, spread the word so that it reaches the ears of bot-creators, "if your bots are amusing we'll be more likely to buy!
    cuA6w.png
    I put the "DOOM" in "****."
  • little late but i just discovered that matt ulmen did come up with this beautiful piece of music. my favorite game soundtrack of all time is diablo2 and i'm so happy to listen to his music once again in torchlight 2.
    we do not know who we are or where we're going in this ocean of chaos -Timothy Leary