Friday Update

Comments

• BrixtanBrixtan Posts: 2,289
    laowar wrote:
    When is the update coming

I'm guessing by the overall silence that there is either: A) no update or B) the devs forgot about it. Sure would have been nice to have communicated this to the fans though.
    brixtan_by_hawkn93-d49csvz.png
    "If a problem is too big to fix, one must break it into smaller problems."
    WoW Weapons & Armor Modding Guide
  • noy0824noy0824 Posts: 67
    where's the love?? :?:
  • hawknhawkn Posts: 8,348
    So when did they ever say it would become a regular thing? Either I missed it, or people are once again feeling entitled. :?
    ...I most certainly am not the meanest person on these forums, I defer that position to hawkn. ~ AMB2010
    I7OBI.png
    Runic Games Fansite My Deviant
    edited March 2012
    hawkn wrote:
    So when did they ever say it would become a regular thing? Either I missed it, or people are once again feeling entitled. :?

True, perhaps the last 4 consecutive Friday updates in a row did lead people (or at least me) to assume we'd get even a modest bit of an update from them once a week. As they say though, communication is everything. It would be far easier to say, "Hey for the month of February we're going to give you guys a quick mini-update every Friday through the end of the month." Then at least people know what to expect and you don't get their hopes up that this is a regular thing. We've all been waiting for some meaningful updates ever since they quietly announced a delay last December. Here we are now, in March...

Honestly, I'd be happy with a new screenshot of the game once a week. That's all I'll say on the matter - anything more and I'll start to sound like an irate fanboy.
  • carrierxcarrierx Posts: 493
    hawkn wrote:

Its not that we feel entitled. Most people here are jumping out of their skin excited for this thing.

Over the last month Friday is when we might get a little more to chew on.

I look forward to it. I'm sure everyone else does too.
    I need to see Stanos
  • JerichJerich Posts: 1,665
    Brixtan wrote:
    hawkn wrote:

True, perhaps the last 4 consecutive Friday updates in a row did lead people (or at least me) to assume we'd get even a modest bit of an update from them. As they say though, communication is everything.

I think Wonder kind of hinted in her last interview that Fridays would be more of a regular thing now that the new website is up. She is super busy though, so may be out of town today.
  • JBeckJBeck Posts: 424 ✭✭✭✭
    There's something coming for a Friday Treat, but what is delaying it is far more important. You'd be upset if we prioritized our Friday news over what we're actually working on at this very moment :)
    Time and resources are realities that force tough decisions regarding our desires. - BECK
    JBeck wrote:
    There's something coming for a Friday Treat, but what is delaying it is far more important. You'd be upset if we prioritized our Friday news over what we're actually working on at this very moment :)

**** slider goes up
    **** slider goes down
    **** slider goes up
    **** slider .....

:D
    I need to see Stanos
    So, buddy, how's abouts we gets me some of them betas keyses? Cuz if nots, well let's just say I knows a guy...
    ...I most certainly am not the meanest person on these forums, I defer that position to hawkn. ~ AMB2010
    I7OBI.png
  • ZiddersZidders Posts: 14,334 ✭✭✭
    Brixtans just feeling sassy ^.~

I totally wasn't egging him on, promise >.>

Lemme guess....B

oob sliders!
    ItfooQF.png
  • JerichJerich Posts: 1,665
    JBeck wrote:

Agreed! Thanks for the update Jason.:).
    I am feeling sassy - must be all that great new Torchlight 2 footage I've been watching.

8-)

<3 you RG devs <3
  • JBeckJBeck Posts: 424 ✭✭✭✭
    I can confirm that our Friday Treat has almost nothing to do with ****, slides, or **** sliders.
    Time and resources are realities that force tough decisions regarding our desires. - BECK
    hahahah brix

seriously wth is that ?

i give you this ..

:lol: :lol: :lol:
    I need to see Stanos
    JBeck wrote:
    I can confirm that our Friday Treat has almost nothing to do with ****, slides, or **** sliders.

WTS... pitchforks and torches....pst
    I need to see Stanos
  • VasshpitVasshpit Posts: 205
    carrierx wrote:
    hahahah brix

seriously wth is that ?

i give you this ..

:lol: :lol: :lol:

****, 2 drops of pee, soooo funny!!!!!
    Learn as if you were going to live forever; Live as if you were to die tomorrow.
  • adoomgodadoomgod Posts: 4,270
    there is an update now.
    cuA6w.png
    I put the "DOOM" in "****."
  • DeathWalkerDeathWalker Posts: 151
    carrierx wrote:
    JBeck wrote:

**** slider goes up
    **** slider goes down
    **** slider goes up
    **** slider .....

:D

The ONLY thing that could be more important than a **** slider is a "Jiggle/Bounce" slider.... :lol: :lol:
    "Pain is good for it lets me know that I am still Alive."
  • PerictionePerictione Posts: 1,431
    :roll:

I get the feeling some folks don't get out of their houses often enough...

- P.
    I guess I'm gonna have to up and kill ya even if yer already dead, Zombie-boy

Vanquishers: All our lines are busy at the moment, please hold the line and a customer service representative will be with you shortly...
  • OmnifasOmnifas Posts: 3,440 ✭✭✭

The ONLY thing that could be more important than a **** slider is a "Jiggle/Bounce" slider.... :lol: :lol:

The only thing more impressive than that would be **** physics, only 1 game to date has actually implemented it...Soul Calibur 2. :lol: :lol:
  • RisingsunRisingsun Posts: 181
    this whole **** and **** slider thing is starting to get weird....

(You are all joking about wanting one in the game right?)
    Risingsun wrote:
    this whole **** and **** slider thing is starting to get weird....

(You are all joking about wanting one in the game right?)

Sir, buttocks and breast physics are no joking matter.
    I7OBI.png
  • ArkhamArkham Posts: 3,295 ✭✭✭
    ^ Totally imagined you saying that in an English accent while adjusting your monocle.
    Kv2n8MF.jpg

Mods:
    Arkham's Armory (TL2) | Lego Wizard pet (TL1)

Check out the Torchlight fan group #The-Lure-of-Ember on dA!
    Yeah, I forgot to link the image. :roll:
    I7OBI.png
  • globalistglobalist Posts: 106
    Is it just me or are the Friday updates getting lamer by the week?

I mean what's next?

*Devs will be having a luncheon with the board of investors on Apr 14th*?

Where's some game-related updates?
  • IngmartinIngmartin Posts: 860
    globalist wrote:
    Is it just me or are the Friday updates getting lamer by the week?

I mean what's next?

*Devs will be having a luncheon with the board of investors on Apr 14th*?

Where's some game-related updates?

I agree that this particular news is nothing too exciting for the vast majority of people here. I can't attend, being 5000 miles away as it is, and although I am sure it's exciting for the devs and for people who live in the Washington area, I don't see how this is anything other than a commercial. So I guess as "treats" go, all they had in the pantry to give us was a small packet of Splenda.

When i think of a "treat", i expect at least a handful of raisins or nuts.
    What about news related to the actual game?

Unless the plan of course, is to announce the release date there...which would be something of interest to everyone.
    Not holding my breath though. I don't expect to see the game before June or July, perhaps the early fall. They know D3 is dropping between April - June, and if they want to be less overshadowed with their shiny new toy, it would be mildly retarded to release TL2 within a month of Blizzard's game, either before or after.
    71da2ebb.png
    You left me standing in the aftermath of World War 8, Staring straight ahead at imposing gates, With a sign that read “Unsafe To Play”.
  • Actually this update...though lame in game content, is really a very good thing.

The Runic folks are getting Pub!

And if they can keep putting their logo in everyone's face, there'll be a HUGE interest in the game. Which would spell....BOXED EDITION!

And that would mean not having to use that disgusting router-hog-communist-watcher-of-all-your-gaming called Steam to play Torchlight.
    I don't mind downloading games from the actual developer's site but I despise Steam. But that's for ranting on another thread.

Any way, congrats on the notoriety and the invite guys.
    The testosterone is strong in this thread.
    Perictione wrote:
    :roll:

I get the feeling some folks don't get out of their houses often enough...

- P.

Its Friday night and we are huddled around our computers mashing F5 for a TL2 update. 8 )
    I need to see Stanos
  • ZiddersZidders Posts: 14,334 ✭✭✭
    carrierx wrote:

Its Friday night and we are huddled around our computers mashing F5 for a TL2 update. 8 )
    by carrierx » SAT Mar 03, 2012 9:18 am
    orly?
    ItfooQF.png
This discussion has been closed.