Kingdom of amalur reckoning

2»

Comments

• amb2010amb2010 Posts: 2,946
    Meemo wrote:
    Did I say one is better than the other? Nope.. I just said the quality and longevity of Skyrim is superior to KOA.. See this is what happens when you jump to conclusions, should probably take your own advice..

I didn't jump to conclusions, you just seem to not know what a "comparison" is. The whole "I just said the quality and longevity of Skyrim is superior to KOA" is a comparison, that honestly can't really be made. KoA:R isn't trying to be a game like Skyrim where there's the main story and then hours upon hours of extra content for your to explore, kill and loot. That's where the whole "two entirely different game styles" comes in. A comparison by no means is limited to a "X is better than X" comment.

In KoA:R, you reroll a character and play a different way. That's where the sandbox element comes into play, you aren't forced to play the same way every single time. In Skyrim the sandbox element is the fact there's a massive map to explore with random events and tons of side content aside from the main story + the never having to play the same way thing. Saying Skyrim is superior to KoA:R is all fine and well, I'd just prefer people to get their expectations fixed and to start comparing the two in a way that makes sense instead of faulting the game for not being something it isn't even trying to be in the first place.
    luufx.png
    Disclaimer: Above berating does not apply to those with a brain (usually).
  • Kingdom of Amalur: Reckoning is an awesome game, totally mindblowing. After I finished, I decided to play it once again. But this time I thought I will find out as many things as I can find so That I find every secret in the game. I found this post which helped me decide which weapon is best. The link to the post is http://forums.techarena.in/video-games/ ... ost5582525 It is a good post.
  • Kingdoms of amalur is a really good game, one of the most fun and best game out atm, so everyone spend more then a few hours playing it and im sure you all will be hooked on it. as for the demo its far from the real game, the real game is much better in every way, Game is best played with a gamepad really like that.

Its gotten allot of bad reviews, 99% of the bad and negative reviews havent even played the game, remember reading one review where one said there is no night and day cycle in the game, when there actually is one, so I was like do these people even play the game, or do they just pretend to. Read the good reviews and give the game a chance, its a pretty awezome game.
    I like Cake!
  • adoomgodadoomgod Posts: 4,270
    Kingdoms of amalur is a really good game, one of the most fun and best game out atm, so everyone spend more then a few hours playing it and im sure you all will be hooked on it. as for the demo its far from the real game, the real game is much better in every way, Game is best played with a gamepad really like that.

Its gotten allot of bad reviews, 99% of the bad and negative reviews havent even played the game, remember reading one review where one said there is no night and day cycle in the game, when there actually is one, so I was like do these people even play the game, or do they just pretend to. Read the good reviews and give the game a chance, its a pretty awezome game.

This isn't true? Have you done every side quest and achievement etc. Like me and Jerich? It's great for the first 20ish hours. Then it's a drag of repetition. I promise.
    cuA6w.png
    I put the "DOOM" in "****."
  • adoomgod wrote:
    This isn't true? Have you done every side quest and achievement etc. Like me and Jerich? It's great for the first 20ish hours. Then it's a drag of repetition. I promise.

Is what true? im not saying the game is perfect, it got its problems but its **** of a lot of fun, The game is a bit to easy tho, I have to play it on hard, they should have set easy as the hardmode is and made the hard mode harder, one other thing is crafting is OP some of the stuff you can craft is way to good, thats why im just playing the game without crafting, trying to find all the unique and cool looking gear, makes the game a bit more fun that way.
    I like Cake!
  • MivoMivo Posts: 460
    Hmm, I'm surprised to read that people liked the graphics in the KoA demo. Is there a newer demo than the first one? I'm not being sarcastic here. I just remember playing the demo and thinking that the game looked a bit "2004" and I didn't think the animations where anything special. The style struck me as heavily classic WoW inspired.

I didn't even finish the demo and I haven't picked up the game because of that experience. I still intend to get the game at a later time, but I'm still not done with Skyrim (darn those great mods!), and I actually haven't tackled Deus Ex: HR and Fallout NV yet. In the meanwhile, my backlog is increasing. (And here I am, waiting eagerly for TL2 ...)
  • SeerSeer Posts: 2,445
    They're called stylized graphics.
    That's a different way of saying they have a low polygon count and poor quality textures? :p

(I don't mean to bash the game or any aspects of it. I just had played the demo when it was released and was underwhelmed by both the gameplay and the presentation, so I was surprised when someone said the graphics are the best they had ever seen in a game. But people like different things and that's fine. I mostly wondered if there had been a newer demo as I recalled that the devs said the original demo was based on several months old code.)
    Mivo wrote:
    That's a different way of saying they have a low polygon count and poor quality textures? :p

(I don't mean to bash the game or any aspects of it. I just had played the demo when it was released and was underwhelmed by both the gameplay and the presentation, so I was surprised when someone said the graphics are the best they had ever seen in a game. But people like different things and that's fine. I mostly wondered if there had been a newer demo as I recalled that the devs said the original demo was based on several months old code.)

Just so happens that some people in the world appreciate style more than high poly counts and hi-res textures. Sadly most people now a days want high poly models of the brown and bloom variety >_>
    luufx.png
  • hawknhawkn Posts: 8,348
    B-but GTA 4 looked so good!
    ...I most certainly am not the meanest person on these forums, I defer that position to hawkn. ~ AMB2010
    I7OBI.png
    Runic Games Fansite My Deviant
    amb2010 wrote:
    Just so happens that some people in the world appreciate style more than high poly counts and hi-res textures. Sadly most people now a days want high poly models of the brown and bloom variety >_>

Well, style preferences are subjective. What I saw in the demo struck me as dated, uninspired, unoriginal and "square" looking. The low polygon count was obvious, but that alone didn't make it unappealing to me (I played video games already in the 1980s and I'm a fan of pixel art, so no, I don't have to have the latest graphics quality in order to appreciate a game's art; in fact, I really dig Torchlight's, which plenty of people might find too simplistic on a technical level). In case of KoA, I felt both graphics and aesthetics ("style") were poor, but as I said, different people have different preferences. I'm not claiming any particular art direction is better or worse than another.

Anyway I was only curious if there had been a newer demo or if the final product had a significantly different look, since the claim was that it had better graphics than some people had ever seen before, and I thought that referred to the graphics quality rather than aesthetics (style). But it apparently doesn't, which is fine! I'll play it some day when it's on sale, because I do enjoy the genre. :)
  • KOA, does not have bad graphics, nor is it low poly count, its a different type of artstyle, They did a awezome job with the game, And I think it looks great.
    I like Cake!
  • adoomgodadoomgod Posts: 4,270
    ....Except it becomes so easy repetitive and lackluster that if you weren't already killing innocent towns people, you will start to feel the urge seep in and take over.
    cuA6w.png
    I put the "DOOM" in "****."
  • The game is abit easy, so anyone who wants to play it set it on hard.
    I like Cake!
    Mivo wrote:
    -snip-

I will say I think you are still being a bit to strict on the game. It by no means is Crysis level texture/model quality but it certainly isn't 2004 level. Perhaps you had it running on a lower setting than you thought?
    luufx.png
  • hawknhawkn Posts: 8,348
    The game is abit easy, so anyone who wants to play it set it on hard.

Hard just makes the random *actual* difficulty spikes more random. It's still easy to kill stuff, it just takes a bit longer. And you'll randomly get 1 hit a bit more often, which isn't more fun, or even more difficult, it's just more frustrating.
    ...I most certainly am not the meanest person on these forums, I defer that position to hawkn. ~ AMB2010
    I7OBI.png
    Runic Games Fansite My Deviant
  • SeerSeer Posts: 2,445
    Yeah, jaggy difficulty is pretty annoying. It mostly has to do with game mechanics, such as the players or the enemies not being able to react or attack because of a combo attack.

(Hawkn, does your new avatar come with a computerized voice?)
2»