Transmutation Recipes!

corrosivechainscorrosivechains Posts: 174
edited November 2012 in TL2 General Discussions
Well I've searched a bit for another topic specifically for this and have found some for Torchlight 1, and a few people just asking about transmutation in the broadform...but none yet specifically on the recipes themselves. I'll start by copy/pasting what I responded with in another thread, which is the the initial recipes they give you in game, plus one I found on my own. Hopefully with enough interest, this'll stay on the front page, or maybe even get a sticky.
Yeah, there is a transmuter in act 2, as well as a gambling vendor you rescue as a side quest(also found this guy in act 2). There's also a list that shows you what ingredients you need for each recipe as well as 5 "beginning" transmutation recipes.

The first 5 are:
3xHealth Potion = upgraded Health Potion
3xMana Potion = upgrade Mana Potion
3xSocketable(gems) = Random Socketable
1xNon-Socket Item + 2 Socketables = Upgrades Item with sockets(only done once, with a benefit of 2 sockets, not sure if that's static or random)
4xAny Unique Item = ? (I can't figure this one out, I've tried 4 blues and 4 greens of differing item types with nothing, guessing Unique is orange+?)

I've also found one recipe on my own:
2xAny Set Item = Random Set Item

Hope this helps OP

Ok, some new ones from other posters in this thread:
2xSpell/Skill scrolls = Random Spell/Skill scroll(credit to plnda)
4xAny Unique Item = Random Unique Item(credit to GettingFreaky and majere880[love Dragonlance btw :3])

Needs more confirmation but seems transmutes are only as strong as their weakest link, and set uniques churning out a new set item, unique item, or set unique item. And also, try odd ones you think may do something like Jordan asked about Cacklespit!.

Comments

• plndaplnda Posts: 54
    2x skills == random skill
  • This thread needs more attention. For my two bits, I know that the number of sockets created through the create sockets recipe is random. I've only gotten one and two so far though, nothing higher.
  • Hmm, I've tried using the socket recipe on my cannon, but it apparently doesn't work. Do the socketables used have to be of the same level as the item?
    Hfraw.png
    Signature courtesy of Rusty. :D
  • bycebyce Posts: 47
    Iechinok wrote:
    Hmm, I've tried using the socket recipe on my cannon, but it apparently doesn't work. Do the socketables used have to be of the same level as the item?
    Yes, the recipe says the gems have to be greater than or equal to the level of the item.
  • So is there anyway to upgrade embers? The Transmuter sneers at em and the stash is getting sort of crowded.
  • Meatboy wrote:
    So is there anyway to upgrade embers? The Transmuter sneers at em and the stash is getting sort of crowded.
    Yes, it's almost exactly like d2. 3 of the same to upgrade, I think. Although when I put 2 poison 1 electric it made a blood ember....so YMMV.
  • 4 uniques = 4 yellows.

The one I am having trouble with is the x2 gems of equal or greater quality and a socketable item. Idk, just doesn't work..
  • 4 uniques = 4 yellows.

The one I am having trouble with is the x2 gems of equal or greater quality and a socketable item. Idk, just doesn't work..

The item has to have no sockets at all. The recipe itself adds the sockets.
  • muxenlemuxenle Posts: 112
    Meatboy wrote:
    So is there anyway to upgrade embers? The Transmuter sneers at em and the stash is getting sort of crowded.
    Yes, it's almost exactly like d2. 3 of the same to upgrade, I think. Although when I put 2 poison 1 electric it made a blood ember....so YMMV.

it just spits out a random gem. you can't upgrade gems to the next level in this game
  • 4 uniques = 4 yellows.

The item has to have no sockets at all. The recipe itself adds the sockets.

aaah, thanks man!
  • bycebyce Posts: 47
    4 uniques = 4 yellows.

The wording is a bit confusing: TL2 refers to gems as "socketables" it seems.
  • adoomgodadoomgod Posts: 4,270
    plnda wrote:

Thank you for this.
    cuA6w.png
    I put the "DOOM" in "****."
  • 4 uniques = 4 yellows.

What? 4 Uniques made a random unique for me.
  • It **** you can't create higher level versions of gems by having 2 or 4 of the same type. I thought that was a great way of doing it in the original. Made the real strong versions of elemental gems feel hard earned. I guess now you just have to hope they drop.
  • muxenlemuxenle Posts: 112
    Sifer2 wrote:
    It **** you can't create higher level versions of gems by having 2 or 4 of the same type. I thought that was a great way of doing it in the original. Made the real strong versions of elemental gems feel hard earned. I guess now you just have to hope they drop.

I beleive they did it because they want to discourage gem hoarding. I'm sure someboody will make a mod to let you upgrade them once the tools are released.
  • Say10Say10 Posts: 53
    I don't know if it's just a coincidence or game design but when I transmuted 4 uniques I get a new one but designed for my class (Embermage). Also any 3 health or mana potions gives one of the higher tier.
  • miraamiraa Posts: 102
    Say10 wrote:
    I don't know if it's just a coincidence or game design but when I transmuted 4 uniques I get a new one but designed for my class (Embermage). \

Definitely coincidence. I've already garbage disposal'd over 20 uniques and I never get anything I can use.
    It's so cold in here.
  • TheCowKingTheCowKing Posts: 94
    edited September 2012
    This one is obvious, but I thought I would mention it anyway. Transmuted items are always around the same level as the items you used to create it. So if you transmute two low level set pieces, expect the new transmuted set item to be a low level as well. The opposite applies for high level items.
    Diablo 3 rendered my name totally unoriginal...
  • Ragnar119Ragnar119 Posts: 1,102
    adoomgod wrote:
    plnda wrote:

Thank you for this.

What are those 2 skills? Dont understand.
  • Ragnar119 wrote:
    adoomgod wrote:
    plnda wrote:

Thank you for this.

This refers to spell scrolls.
    Shadelotus wrote:
    If people were this snobbish back when video games came out there wouldn't be any games today because no one would have played them when they looked like 2 bricks having ****.
  • plndaplnda Posts: 54
    Ragnar119 wrote:
    adoomgod wrote:
    plnda wrote:

Thank you for this.

im sorry, it means you put in two random skill scrolls and merge them together to a random new one
  • Ragnar119Ragnar119 Posts: 1,102
    plnda wrote:
    Ragnar119 wrote:

im sorry, it means you put in two random skill scrolls and merge them together to a random new one

Nice, can you do same thing with pasive scrools?
  • This thread needs a bump. there's already a new one on the front page with less information.

Sticky?
  • Ragnar119 wrote:
    adoomgod wrote:
    plnda wrote:
    Thank you for this.
    If you transmute two spell scrolls, it will result in one random spell scroll.

EDIT: I didn't realise there was a second page of posts, my bad.
    Diablo 3 rendered my name totally unoriginal...
  • So they have pointlessly made transmutation annoying and a waste of time? Because I have transmuted gems of the same type and quality and ended up with a lesser quality random speck. Its frustrating and I have just wasted nearly every gem I have trying to get something better but ending up with something so much worse. I guess ill just stick to hoping ill find better gems or other socketables then wasting my time with this system. Seriously what was wrong with the original system? If it was dull you could of spiced it up not made it entirely a gamble to **** some people over randomly. Some ideas the TL2 team came up with for "improving" upon old systems have just made them more of a waste of time.
  • 4 uniques = 4 yellows.

4 uniques = 1 random unique of the same lvl than the lower lvl of the 4 uniques used.
  • tsueluetsuelue Posts: 411
    Ragnar119 wrote:
    adoomgod wrote:
    plnda wrote:

Thank you for this.

I guess he meant spell scrolls.
  • muxenle wrote:
    Sifer2 wrote:
    It **** you can't create higher level versions of gems by having 2 or 4 of the same type. I thought that was a great way of doing it in the original. Made the real strong versions of elemental gems feel hard earned. I guess now you just have to hope they drop.

I beleive they did it because they want to discourage gem hoarding. I'm sure someboody will make a mod to let you upgrade them once the tools are released.

I would rather gem hoard and get something worthwhile then wasting gems to get socketables that do nothing for my build.
  • Are the transmutations totally random or are there any rules to know what we will receive?
  • Akbalder wrote:
    Are the transmutations totally random or are there any rules to know what we will receive?

As far as the guideline recipes the transmutation is basically just totally random. If there is a formula which I wish there was it wouldn't be so un-fufilling