Some questions...

BramboBrambo Posts: 6
edited September 2012 in TL2 General Discussions
Hi all,

new to TL2, but experienced D2 player (and disappointed D3 player) who is currently enjoying the game (lvl 45 berserker so far) but has some - probably noobish - questions:

1) is there a difference in stats between the pets, or is it just appearance?
2) what is the maximum of skill points (so fame + level combined)? Trying to plan my character ahead ;) ?
3) enchanters on the maps: can you go back to them later on (when you have found better items)?
4) difficulty: I started on normal (as I'm new to the game), but I'm starting to regret this, as it is currently a walk in the park (and even that is more dangerous :D ). My question: once I finished the game (I'm close), will I be able to alter the difficulty, or will it be all the same in NewGame+?

That's about it for now! Mt apologies if the questions have been asked before, but couldn't the answers anywhere!

Cheers!

Comments

• plndaplnda Posts: 54
    edited September 2012
    ===
  • plndaplnda Posts: 54
    Brambo wrote:
    Hi all,

new to TL2, but experienced D2 player (and disappointed D3 player) who is currently enjoying the game (lvl 45 berserker so far) but has some - probably noobish - questions:

2) what is the maximum of skill points (so fame + level combined)? Trying to plan my character ahead ;) ?
    3) enchanters on the maps: can you go back to them later on (when you have found better items)?
    4) difficulty: I started on normal (as I'm new to the game), but I'm starting to regret this, as it is currently a walk in the park (and even that is more dangerous :D ). My question: once I finished the game (I'm close), will I be able to alter the difficulty, or will it be all the same in NewGame+?

That's about it for now! Mt apologies if the questions have been asked before, but couldn't the answers anywhere!

Cheers!

1 | IDK
    2 | 5 skills fully maxed ( 5 x 15)
    3 | if you reroll the world they are gone and you need to find them again,
    4 | Choose online play you can change on the fly
  • Brambo wrote:
    Hi all,

Cheers!

1: Not as far as I know or has been released, mainly cosmetic differences [catch some Giant fish to get niftier pet looks and stats though ;)]
    2) 100 levels + 50 fame levels = 150 skill points [able to max 10 skills completely, or mix and match a few more]
    3) You will find and 'unlock' an enchanter to be in town during Act I [or is it Act II? I don't remember]. The enchanters should only disappear in the world if the map resets [such as happened w/ the patch changing save game versions, or if you join an MP match w/ your 'main' character, or if you choose to by making a LAN and rerolling the world]
    4) AFAIK difficulty stays the same in NG+ [monsters are leveled with you and have a few more surprises but thats about it]. Best bet would be to start a new class [or the same if you wish] and pick a higher difficulty off the bat.
  • KurrusKurrus Posts: 173
    The pets you can choose when you make a character are all identical except in appearance.

Permanent transformation fish will transform your pet into different things that do have different stats, but they're uncommon, and you can undo them by giving your pet a temporary transformation fish. Everything else has been answered well. :)
  • Just to help with #3, once you actually enchant an item, the enchanter will wander off and disappear. If you don't use him, he will stick around until the game gets re-randomized.
    Shadelotus wrote:
    If people were this snobbish back when video games came out there wouldn't be any games today because no one would have played them when they looked like 2 bricks having ****.
  • Snarkyneno wrote:
    Just to help with #3, once you actually enchant an item, the enchanter will wander off and disappear. If you don't use him, he will stick around until the game gets re-randomized.

Though sometimes, if you click the enchanter time after time, he will not wander off an disappear. I dunno if that's a built in function or what, but it helped a lot.

Also!

1. viewtopic.php?f=30&t=33612 (In short, just appearance)
    2. viewtopic.php?f=30&t=36060 (In short, 100 Level, 33 fame)
    3. Enchanters, as far as I know, disappear after a certain period of time or walk off when done enchanting an item (was able to stop a few by clicking on them as stated above)
    4. New Game + ramps up the difficulty to match your level, but on normal it still may feel a bit easy. I would suggest switching to veteran or if you don't want to remake:

Load character > LAN (or internet if you wish) > Create Game > Change difficulty > Optional: Check off reroll world (Will spawn everything in the world again) > Play and test yourself.
    10eq0m1.png

Ferrets are so freakin' cute.