There is a rare socket vendor!

SpeedstersonicSpeedstersonic Posts: 27
edited September 2012 in TL2 General Discussions
He can add sockets to uniques that already had one! Guess he randomly shows up like enchaters

Comments

• That's pretty awesome to hear. Where did he spawn for you?
  • Really? Never met one in 53 levels. I guess i had bad luck. :(
    Red Queen - Fire Embermage Jabberwocky - Chakawary pet
    Alice - Outlander Dinah - Cat pet
    Mad Hatter - Berserker Dormouse - Ferret pet
    Caterpillar - Engineer Whoareyou - Bulldog pet
  • Isn't it the transmutation guy? One of his recipes wants a socketed items, and 2 socketable items of a higher level. I have not used that recipe yet, but I assumed it added sockets to an item that already had them?
  • DocSunDocSun Posts: 126
    Found him this weekend I think it was in the quest with the goblins and needing to get the plungers to find all the secret areas. Was awesome to add two slots to my unique claw; now it is way OP.
    fs_overall.png
  • What's the difference between the transmuter NPC in town and the ones outside of town?
    Torchlight II is the best game EVER!
  • He spawned in Frosted hills for me in new game+ only had enough money to add a second socket to on unique weapon though, it's really expensive
  • UfgtUfgt Posts: 32
    I saw him in an Act 3 dungeon in Veteran. I was not in NG+.
  • I found him in the main boss dungeon of the first part of act 3.
    "I didn't want to kill all those monsters, believe me! But the way they looked at me with their pleading eyes-I really had no choice!"
  • AlevesqueAlevesque Posts: 10
    edited September 2012
    Yeah, met him in Act 3 yesterday for the first time. So I bought max sockets for all the items I had on me. :lol:
  • DocSunDocSun Posts: 126
    Seanzky wrote:
    What's the difference between the transmuter NPC in town and the ones outside of town?

As far as I have noticed the ones in town can give you any random effect listed as enchantment.

The ones outside of town have different names with a more limited effect. I have seen one that only does fire enchantments, so you can only get fire damage, fire damage over time, fire resist etc. I have seen the one in the topic that gives slots, I have seen one that has added only mana related things. Its actually really cool.
    fs_overall.png
  • Found him 2 times.

Both in Act I =_=
    Seanzky wrote:
    What's the difference between the transmuter NPC in town and the ones outside of town?

He's not a transmuter, he just adds gem sockets to your gear the exact same way enchanters add enchantments.
  • DocSun wrote:
    Seanzky wrote:

As far as I have noticed the ones in town can give you any random effect listed as enchantment.

The ones outside of town have different names with a more limited effect. I have seen one that only does fire enchantments, so you can only get fire damage, fire damage over time, fire resist etc. I have seen the one in the topic that gives slots, I have seen one that has added only mana related things. Its actually really cool.

Found one that gave gold and magic find. 3 gold/magic find enchantments on all my stuff? YES PLZ!
  • I just met him on my Embermage in Watchweald temple. He let me put up to 2 sockets on any item(The ones with more than 2 weren't allowed) and left after I was done using him. As in, as soon as I closed the box, he started walking away and vanished.
  • I get really hesitant to waste any gold on my items knowing I can probably find a better one right around the corner. I save gold for gambling and pots. If Runic can make the enchanters' asking price a little lower, then I'd probably enchant even my crappy(er) items.
    Torchlight II is the best game EVER!
  • plndaplnda Posts: 54
    I know, you can even get multiple sockets with this guy, i had a bow with one sockets and after the enchantment it had 3
  • no luck for me but I guess this means I'm gonna need to keep my money instead of spending it on stuff so thx for the tip :D
  • Filip's better. 35% Loot Luck Hooray!
    ..(>'o')> (::) <('o'<)..
    "Using them for wickedness would be like beating a unicorn to death with a bag of rainbows..."
    "There is no Gnomish Deathgrip, and even if there was, it wouldn't involve tongs!"
  • For me he was in the Middlenmine. Been there since most times i have started my game. I found him A3. He disappeared now though. Maybe he will re spawn for me again later.
  • SeerSeer Posts: 2,445
    Seanzky wrote:
    I get really hesitant to waste any gold on my items knowing I can probably find a better one right around the corner. I save gold for gambling and pots. If Runic can make the enchanters' asking price a little lower, then I'd probably enchant even my crappy(er) items.

I usually get stuck with certain pieces for a long time, so I enchant my favorites/those that are worthy enough.
  • Would be great if someone were motivated enough to make a vendors page on the tl2 wikia site.

I've only seen an enchanter out in the world so far, but he allowed more enchantments/item than the one in town and only did stat points instead of useless **** like the town vendor does. Expensive though.
    Everyone assumes necromancers are upstanding citizens until one kills their sister and then marries her.
  • Would be great if someone were motivated enough to make a vendors page on the tl2 wikia site.

I've only seen an enchanter out in the world so far, but he allowed more enchantments/item than the one in town and only did stat points instead of useless **** like the town vendor does. Expensive though.
    I better start writing them down then...
    ..(>'o')> (::) <('o'<)..
    "Using them for wickedness would be like beating a unicorn to death with a bag of rainbows..."
    "There is no Gnomish Deathgrip, and even if there was, it wouldn't involve tongs!"
  • CailleCaille Posts: 127
    Does anyone know his name?

Alexis
    *smiles*
    The fairer **** indeed exists, even though tales may yet persist; that no girls on the intraweb can there be found. Do you get the gist? Or shall my tongue in cheeky manner spin this into other banter?
  • Seanzky wrote:
    I get really hesitant to waste any gold on my items knowing I can probably find a better one right around the corner. I save gold for gambling and pots. If Runic can make the enchanters' asking price a little lower, then I'd probably enchant even my crappy(er) items.

Potions, really? What class and difficulty are you playing? I'm curious (and somewhat scared), cause I finished my first playthrough on veteran berserker with 833 potions used, and I almost didn't buy any, drops were plentiful, although I got too much health and almost not enough mana sometimes.

To add something to the topic, I also met him once, in Act I ( :( ), in the dynamite dungeon with the troll king or something. He was there only that one time and also fire enchanter too!
  • n00bs. Every dungeon has a chance to spawn a special enchanter. It may have none. It may have one in each floor. There are seven kinds. Master Enchanter (3 random enchantments) which is easy to find. Then there is one for each element, which adds said element resistance, element damage and element damage over time.There's the socket enchanter: you can every every single piece of armor with 2 sockets thanks to him. Finally, there's the attribute enchanter.

Tricks to use.
    1. Buy low level dungeon maps at the Mapworks and rush them to find special enchanter. Effective with Embermage frost phase.
    2. Enchant your best items with attributes, then enchant them with sockets, then fill sockets with powerful gems.
    3. Find claw with 0.4 attackspeed, add 2 sockets, put physical dmg gems inside, lol.

At level 55, I started slowboating lvl105 dungeons, gathering lvl90-96 armor sets. And I've been upgrading them with attribute enchantments, sockets, lvl96gems.
  • DredMorte wrote:
    n00bs.

How kind of you. What a way to start a post. :|

Edit: Thanks for the info though, I didn't know about the attribute one.
  • I'd like if they'd be assigned specific Act because there are so many different ones and more often than not you can be unlucky and find the regular enchanter that only does maximum 2 enchant per item and goes to town after.
    wpid-Product-BannerStargate-SG-1-The-Alliance.jpg
  • Ragnar119Ragnar119 Posts: 1,102
    Wait a moment, you get a enchanter that gives you sockets when you finish the quest in act 3 (where you collect the 4 element things to open the specila dungeon), and he stays there, so you can always go back to him, to upgrade items
  • xbonxbon Posts: 316
    Would be great if someone were motivated enough to make a vendors page on the tl2 wikia site.

attribute
    ice
    poison
    fire
    electric
    sockets
    random enhancements 2/3/4
    augments(this might me with normal enchanter, i don't remember)

all I remember.
  • Ri0Rdian wrote:
    DredMorte wrote:
    n00bs.

I meant it in a friendly, funny way. Otherwise I wouldn't have bothered sharing what I know. :P
  • DredMorte wrote:
    Ri0Rdian wrote:
    DredMorte wrote:
    n00bs.

I meant it in a friendly, funny way. Otherwise I wouldn't have bothered sharing what I know. :P

;)

Don't you happen to know some permanent enchanters (if there are any), not counting in those in town and maybe the one in the Elemental Oasis?