[CLASS] Destroyer for TL2 (Phanjam Versions)

PhanjamPhanjam Posts: 3,297 ✭✭✭
edited June 2014 in General Modding
Before anything else...

Anoka and I learned there's some confusion between his Destroyer mod and this one.

If you're looking for the Destro mod that also has the "Descendants" sub-class in it, that's Anokas. Mine just has the Destro class in it.

Also, we've developed our skill trees differently though we both intend not to deviate from the TL1 skills much (but I think I've deviated more than Anoka :P ).

Otherwise, thanks so much for your interest in the Destroyer class!

EDIT:

This is an additional class for TL2 based on the Destroyer from TL1. My objective with this mod is to make the class faithful to its original TL1 concept, while updating it to use the new capabilities in TL2.
yEZCALG.jpg
Destroyers were originally the warrior caste of a now-forgotten order of dessert dwelling ascetics. Living individually or in small groups, Destroyers continue to pursue the ideals of a life honed by asceticism, including the harnessing of elemental powers and the mastery of martial arts as a means to improve oneself mentally and spiritually, in addition to physically.

Because of their seclusion and natural affinity with spiritual forces, Destroyers are acutely aware of the struggle between good and evil in the world around them and, in rare cases at the subconscious level, can sense disturbances in the good-evil balance over vast distances. In such cases the imbalance will gnaw at the edge of the Destroyer's consciousness beckoning to him or her. The graver the disturbance the more urgent is its plea to the Destroyer until, no longer able to deny it, the Destroyer sets forth alone to correct the imbalance or die trying.

Though they may be alone physically, the Destroyer is always in communion with one or more Ancestor Spirits. These Spirits form a Guardian Force who can aid the Destroyer during their defining quest. When called upon, some of these Guardians grant extra powers which the Destroyer can use for a limited duration. Others can figure directly in the battle itself, manifesting as a terrible spectral warrior or force. Yet others work in more subtle ways, steadily strengthening the Destroyer with growing abilities in one martial attribute or another.

These abilities at the Destroyer's disposal result in a formidable warrior. His purpose is a raging fire held steadfast in an iron will. By his own power the Destroyer can unleash devastating point-attacks or overpowering area-attacks which neither man, beast nor demon can withstand undamaged. And when near their breaking point, Destroyers can call on the might of their Ancestor Guardians to turn even the most desperate situation to their favor.

Resolute by nature and powerful in purpose, the destroyer personifies the legendary figure of the solitary noble warrior.

Download locations:
from RGF
Steam Workshop

EDIT:
Removed the change-notes portion as I really wasn't keeping it updated anymore.
Torchmodders
Torchlight 1 Class Pack (TL1CP) Mod for TL2: Steam | RGF

Comments

• SalanSalan Posts: 2,642
    I was goin to ask about pulling armor and weapons out of TL1, I could truly use some of it for new sets here so im not simply reusing stuff over and over.. i'm a resend that message to attackgorilla later!
    Synergies Conversion mod: http://www.synergiesmod.com
    Elite monsters, Hero monsters, world bosses, rare dragons, rare trolls, three tiers of End Game Raids, Legendary Armor sets, NEW Legendary Weapons, 3 new classes, Mercenaries, and Angels!
    21971.png

moty-250.png
  • PhanjamPhanjam Posts: 3,297 ✭✭✭
    Yes Salan, I'm sure AG's just been a little too busy lately.

If y'all want to have a peek at the results as they build-up, you can view them here.
    Torchmodders
  • More classes, always a good thing.
    People motivate themselves, and are inspired by others.
    Hiya Rob, good to hear from you! Thanks for the encouragement :)
    Torchmodders
  • Thanks, good to see you are still with us.
    People motivate themselves, and are inspired by others.
  • Nice, iam really looking forward to this mod, hope the other classes will come too for TL2 :)
    Thanks too for the encouragement Clawhammer! It would be really nice to get all the TL1 classes into TL2 - we'll learn as much as we can about getting it right with this Destro mod first :)
    Torchmodders
  • I hope this is still in progress i cant wait for a true barb char. Please make it big an bulky like the destroyer u meet in the beginning and please consider dual wielding twohanders.
    Can't wait for this.
    Thank you
    Hi Thor! Thanks for the encouragement :) Yes it's still in progress, but it's slowed a lot since most of Team Torcher (I believe) are waiting for GUTS to come out. Yes he'll be bulky! "Larger than life" is what I want too!
    Torchmodders
  • As someone who has always rolled barbs in D2 for many many years, on top of my terribly **** up my berserker's skills/stats to the point of utter frustration I deleted him. I would love to see the destroyer make a return in Tl2, whether it be from GUTS or an expansion. I would love to help with this, but in reality i have no knowledge about how to mod or code things for video games so i would be 0 help with this, all i can give you is a virtual hug for trying to make my dream a reality. :D
    :D Hey thanks Zupanovick! There's many ways to help on a mod and virtual hugs are a good one 'cos they're a really appreciated form of encouragement!
    And to be honest, if you've got any strong views on Barb character skills, you're very welcome to share them. We're still at the stage where we could use more input/thinking about what this Destro's skill set should be like.
    Sorry if we're waiting for GUTS to come out, but I believe doing so will help prevent a lot of false starts and speed up the actual work in general once it's started.
    Torchmodders
  • well i dont know how to have much input from tl1 destro wise because i didnt play it that much, but from a long time barb vet on diablo i would say a few things, possibly some battle shout type buffs, dual wielding two handers (with proper damage scaling), maybe a leap skill ((either with some sort of knockback or aoe damage) i know there is a leap spell mod out right now, could maybe help with programming it) really i like the sound of a lot of barb skills in diablo, frenzy, whirlwind, berserk, but im not sure how well those would scale in terms of power through the tl2 spectrum, but the previous 3 i would say are the most resonable skills that could make some sort of entrance into tl2 without it being overdone and keeping a good likeness of a well balanced mod that doesnt break the game.
    Thanks again Zupanovick! I'll do a little research into how those Diablo skills worked to see whether they're implementable in TL2 :)
    Torchmodders
  • AnokaAnoka Posts: 162
    I just want you to know that you made me, an absolute lurker of these forums, sign on (I only recently made my **** account cause I was compelled to ask a question that no one else had haha). That says a lot, cause I'm already missing my dark corner over there. Anyways, I've been waiting for someone to mention a mod like this for a long time, I've just not had the sense to search for it while lurking these forums. He was my character of choice in TL1 and I squealed like a girl scout at a Justin Bieber concert when I saw him in TL2. I'm also excited that you guys chose to use his TL2 model XD I think its actually an improvement over his first one lol. Anyways, if you can't already tell, this is my way of saying hello/thanks/good luck XD

I'm also excited to mess with his base textures when you guys finally release him XD A real badass conquers Frosted Hills SHIRTLESS! lol anyways I'll be lurking this thread for a while XD
    Destroyer Mod: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =140834118

Don't forget, Phanjam has his own version too! His forum thread: viewtopic.php?f=47&t=46993&p=483784#p483784
    Hey Anoka, I really thank you for the encouragement on this mod and I'm glad you like what it's all about :D !

I also feel a bit of pressure now, knowing we got someone excited enough to come out of the shadows lol!

Have you been to the worksite? It'll look like nothing's happening atm; but trust me, when GUTS gets here we'll get started in earnest on that and many other mods!
    Torchmodders
    No pressure man! :D Also the site looks great, there's already so much done without guts XD

Edit: I was forced to sign in to reply to an irresistible thread, so I thought I might as well check in here since I'm already unlurked again haha! Anyways, I hope the team is well! I'll be around~ :D

Don't forget, Phanjam has his own version too! His forum thread: viewtopic.php?f=47&t=46993&p=483784#p483784
    Thanks again Anoka! Hope I bump into you online for a game sometime :)
    Torchmodders
  • ZiddersZidders Posts: 14,348 ✭✭✭
    ****, i'm sorry I didn't see this. Yes, Destroyer in TL2. Heck, I remember when people were planning to port the entirety of Torchlight into Torchlight II lol
    ItfooQF.png
    Hi Zids! Yeah I remember having so much fun making the female destroyer for TL1, and it was such a simple mod - just trying to give players a female char that would play as close as possible to the standard destro class.

I want to put myself through the same discipline all over again and come up with a well balanced class that just feels right and like it belongs in the standard game (something even VLGers wouldn't mind having installed!).

As soon as GUTS comes out I will spend the time to learn using it for spells (I never was any good at spells because layouts are a **** to do by direct-edit and I was lazy to learn TorchED). I won't make the same mistake this time because I see now, it's the spells that really define a class :) .
    Torchmodders
    Hey Phan, sorry for the uber late reply lol, I haven't really had to look anything up on forums for a while, but when I noticed the patch I had to check out what ppl were finding lol. Anyways, add me anytime dude XD although I'll have to admit, I barely log in :D As always I hope everyone is well XD

• GrandegearGrandegear Posts: 329
    Zidders wrote:
    Heck, I remember when people were planning to port the entirety of Torchlight into Torchlight II lol

IS THAT A CHALLE-- wait, I already used up that one for the month. Darn it.

But yes, I totally want to play the Alchemist to defeat the...

How paradoxic.
    Grandegear wrote:
    But yes, I totally want to play the Alchemist to defeat the...
    How paradoxic.

Oh don't you worry GrandeGear! I'm absolutely SURE someone will mod the Alch into TL2 as a playable class!
    Torchmodders
    I'm totally for the re-institution of the original triad of classes. I heavily suspect that the way the classes are designed, they are essentially a sort of hybrids of each other. I had an old post to that effect. Can't find it offhand...

You know what would be even more meta than bringing the TL1 classes back?

Bringing the (Flagship-era) Mythos classes back. Pyromancer, Gadgeteer (my forum avatar's origin), and Bloodletter. Ironically, I suspect those are closer to TL2's classes than TL1's are.

But yeah, one thing at a time. Really looking forward to seeing the old TL1 classes again. :)
  • Not sure is anybody has noticed but We put the destroyer and the vanquished from TL2 in our assets zip( found on the wiki ).

The best part - Matt Lefferts actually made animations for both. He was trying to make them into playable classes. He was pretty close. He finished all the animations. Just ran out of time to make all the skills.

Just saying...:)
    Marsh wrote:
    Not sure is anybody has noticed but We put the destroyer and the vanquished from TL2 in our assets zip( found on the wiki ).

The best part - Matt Lefferts actually made animations for both. He was trying to make them into playable classes. He was pretty close. He finished all the animations. Just ran out of time to make all the skills.

That is awesome.

And Marsh, you are awesome for pointing this out.

I'd always half-suspected the TL1 classes to be made playable officially in TL2 as a bonus, but you guys had too many other irons in the fire to complete them. After all, modders can make that stuff, but only you folks can make the tools to do it properly.
    Marsh wrote:
    Not sure is anybody has noticed but We put the destroyer and the vanquished from TL2 in our assets zip( found on the wiki ).
    Hi Marsh! Really nice of you to check this thread AND give us that heads-up!
    Yes, I heard from Omnifas about the Destro assets being in the resource pack in almost-finished state! That is really awesome :D

To anyone who is following this thread with any interest, I will do my best to move this mod forward as quickly as can be. I have DL'd the resource-pack and GUTS is still DLing for me (was there an update shortly after initial release? I got up to about 500MB but had to pause it. When I got back to it a day later, it made me start from zero :( oh well).

I was a bad modder on my TL1 mods because I never took the time to learn TorchED. I am now determined to learn GUTS well enough to make good TL2 mods (curse you velari!). Am also pursuing this TL2 Destro mod within Team Torcher because more heads should be better than just one (or at least faster :P )

Pls be patient; if you can't be patient, come join me on Team Torcher to see what you can contribute on the mod-work!
    Torchmodders
    My GUTS DL finishd late last night! Of course I started poking at it, but my eyes were starting to close! So I finally had to just stop and get some sleep.
    Will continue to poke it throughout the week, but will only have real time by the weekend still T_T
    Torchmodders
    Marsh wrote:

Wow! Tell Matt thanks! His work was not in vain! XD Also thanks for putting it out there and of course for letting us know on this thread XD

I missed the Destroyer too much so I put him in the game while I wait patiently for these gentlemen to put out their version. Its the non-wardrobed version, just cause I wanted to see him in there ASAP XD May I also say, OMFG his animations on this version are BEAST XD This guy holds two-handed weapons with one hand. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Happy modding allz~ Thanks again dudes of Runic CX

DESTROYER3.png

• DoteliasDotelias Posts: 20
    Wow just wow!
    I really want to play with the T1 classes in T2, virtual hugs to you all !
    Destroyer skills with tiers, add a few new skills too, and i will be awesome.
    Hope to see your work in the future, cheers man.

a part of me wishes Matt did the same with the Alchemist ...
    Anoka wrote:
    I missed the Destroyer too much so I put him in the game while I wait patiently for these gentlemen to put out their version. Its the non-wardrobed version, just cause I wanted to see him in there ASAP XD May I also say, OMFG his animations on this version are BEAST XD This guy holds two-handed weapons with one hand. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
    AAARRRGGHHH!!! Anoka I am now so ashamed!

I've been focusing on learning GUTS because it seemed porting the Destro skills into TL2 nicely would be the hardest part of this mod (I still think that's true).

But seeing your Destro in-game has got me SO GREEN WITH ENVY!!!! So you got all the .MAX assets converted into .MESH and .SKELETON? How did you do it man, pls share!
    Torchmodders