We'll be at Pax Prime 2015, New Facebook Page!

BrianWBrianW Posts: 2,310 admin
edited August 2015 in Announcements
Just a quick update. We're going to be at Pax Prime this year to show our new project! And we've got a brand new Facebook page for Runic, so remember to like and share!

See you soon! :D
BrianW
Community Manager // Mr. Nice Guy

Join us on Discord! https://discord.gg/runicgames

Comments

• noy0824noy0824 Posts: 67
    Torchlight mobile or new game?
  • BrianWBrianW Posts: 2,310 admin
    noy0824 wrote:
    Torchlight mobile or new game?

New project!
    BrianW

• SerkevanSerkevan Posts: 1,586
    You are going to have us waiting for a month and a half, aren't you >:(
  • NeophytoiNeophytoi Posts: 3,539
    BrianW wrote:
    New project!
    8young.jpg
    "And they said we were mad! Well... we'll show them all! Come, my monster, let us dance the traditional Transylvanian dance of
    glorious victory! Let us commence the Monster Mad Fandango! Bwaaaa ha ha ha!"
    never let your hatred of people who would bar you from the Inviolable House of Worship lead you into the sin of aggression: but rather help one another in furthering virtue and ****-consciousness, and do not help one another in furthering evil and enmity
  • ZiddersZidders Posts: 14,345 ✭✭✭
    This news is most exciting! I can't contain my chills!
    Your Facebook seems inviting and promises some thrills.
    I hope this secret project that has long been developed
    will be a popular object in which many get enveloped.
    Here's hoping that this new game will be both fun and meta.
    Oh and by the way-can I be in the beta? :)
    ItfooQF.png
  • BrianWBrianW Posts: 2,310 admin
    Zidders wrote:

:lol:
    BrianW

• PhanjamPhanjam Posts: 3,297 ✭✭✭
    At long last! Thanks for the heads-up Brian!
    Torchmodders
    Torchlight 1 Class Pack (TL1CP) Mod for TL2: Steam | RGF
  • ArkhamArkham Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭
    These are glad tidings!

Also, I love that D2Hans's avatar (that's that one guy from Hogan's Heroes, right?) is prominently displayed on the Facebook page post about the forum :P
    Kv2n8MF.jpg

Mods:
    Arkham's Armory (TL2) | Lego Wizard pet (TL1)

Check out the Torchlight fan group #The-Lure-of-Ember on dA!
  • UlvaakUlvaak Posts: 661
    Great news! :D Looking forward to what you have to show at Pax.
    BrianW wrote:
    Zidders wrote:

:lol:
    I got a laugh! Laughing's a good!
    (You folks should know by now you don't have to no matter how much I'd love to help out. I'm more than happy to put on my pom-pom's and cheer from the sidelines. Besides-I look **** cute in a skirt).
    ItfooQF.png
    Arkham wrote:
    These are glad tidings!

Also, I love that D2Hans's avatar (that's that one guy from Hogan's Heroes, right?) is prominently displayed on the Facebook page post about the forum :P

I was tempted to say something on fb about that, I couldn't help laughing when I saw it. It fits the post perfectly!
  • NeedlehawkNeedlehawk Posts: 914
    Yes!!!! I can hardly wait. I'm really hoping that you have a beta to sign up for!
  • KilliousKillious Posts: 1,539
    Awesome news! I can't wait to see what will be revealed!
    Sig.png
    Please Don't Feed The Trolls
  • ThaeynThaeyn Posts: 4
    Awesome cannot wait!
  • D2HansD2Hans Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭
    Does that mean that all questions for the project goes through me now. :roll:

I know nothingggg!!!!!!, I saw nothinggggg!!!!.

hmmm who left this schnitzel here and this wonderful strudel.
    "Six... one, six... the nuuuumber ooof the beeeaaast!"
  • NeophytoiNeophytoi Posts: 3,539
    D2Hans wrote:
    Does that mean that all questions for the project goes through me now[?]

Hmmm... I wonder, what could possibly go wrong with this sort of idea?
    a-what-could-possibly-go-wrong.jpg
    "Easy... easy... ****, this thing is heavier than it looks... okay, okay... are you guys ready?"

(As an aside, this is but one of the reasons why women generally live longer than men and, yes, it's a kind of revenge ;)

Also, spot the cat in the background? Man, that's one cat that's seriously prepared for disaster)

Advice to Hans: Walk away. Walk away as fast as you can; don't even bother turning off the mics :)
    never let your hatred of people who would bar you from the Inviolable House of Worship lead you into the sin of aggression: but rather help one another in furthering virtue and ****-consciousness, and do not help one another in furthering evil and enmity
  • laharl9999laharl9999 Posts: 237
    I hope it's an hack and slash.
    An action RPG could be great also even if I think Runic Games is really good at making hack and slash.
  • mrtekmrtek Posts: 64
    Looking forward for what you've been working on! New Hack'n Slash? :D
  • Kva3imodaKva3imoda Posts: 984 ✭✭
    laharl9999 wrote:
    mrtek wrote:
    New Hack'n Slash? :D
    Well, as I remember, this is not a hack and slash.

I think this is a sandbox with arcade fighting.
    4ByzPdz.png 88pn2UZ.pngtrCrfep.png
  • adoomgodadoomgod Posts: 4,270
    Very stoked. Looking forward to what comes next.
    cuA6w.png
    I put the "DOOM" in "****."
  • mrtekmrtek Posts: 64
    Kva3imoda wrote:
    laharl9999 wrote:
    mrtek wrote:

I beleive a good sandbox games with a good fighting system could be good too. If that's the case, a lot of people will compare it to Trove !
  • TekTek Posts: 1,143
    What's a sandbox game?

Do fighting games still make profit? I believe there was a recent Mortal Kombat release did that work out good?
  • OmnifasOmnifas Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭
    Tek wrote:
    What's a sandbox game?

Do fighting games still make profit? I believe there was a recent Mortal Kombat release did that work out good?

PC port of MKX is still a mess, but the game sold well across all platforms.

Killer Instinct is coming to Windows 10(Free to play), Tekken 7 is X1 and PS4, and Street Fighter V apparently had enough pre-orders to mess up the beta servers(or Capcom/Sony just messed up), Sony and Capcom has been Marketing SFV much more than Capcom did with all versions of SFIV, also SFV has a PC version(beta for it starts in fall).
    Sandboxes are games where you are free to do whatever you want (or well, that's the idea), without having to play the story quests. Games like GTA, Minecraft or Skyrim would qualify.
    I don't think I'd count GTA as a sandbox game. You can't really do all that much aside from the main missions in it. I don't count running over people and doing crazy stunts as the sort of thing people envisioned when they came up with the term 'sandbox' game. I also don't think Skyrim qualifies either. Everything in the game is scripted and the creative aspect of it (modding) takes place outside of the game.

I think Minecraft is one of the few and best examples of a sandbox game that we have and even then it's limited. There's only so much the average player can learn to do without depending on others or outside information. To me a true sandbox game would be one that is as close to reality as possible.
    ItfooQF.png
  • KilliousKillious Posts: 1,539
    Zidders wrote:
    I don't think I'd count GTA as a sandbox game. You can't really do all that much aside from the main missions in it. I don't count running over people and doing crazy stunts as the sort of thing people envisioned when they came up with the term 'sandbox' game. I also don't think Skyrim qualifies either. Everything in the game is scripted and the creative aspect of it (modding) takes place outside of the game.

I disagree. GTA and Skyrim are both 'sandbox' games in the sense that you have the freedom to go where you want and do what you want (within the confines of the game engine and features that the game offers) while ignoring the story missions entirely. I can see what you are saying by only including Minecraft, but I think having an overly elevated standard for what is/isn't a sandbox game is just wishful thinking on your part. My opinion is you don't have to be able to reshape the world into the image that you want for a game to qualify as a sandbox game.
    Sig.png
    Please Don't Feed The Trolls
  • ThomasJThomasJ Posts: 618
    Looking forward to seeing the new project. I been playing a lot of Torchlight 2 lately!
  • MackanMackan Posts: 56
    Kva3imoda wrote:
    laharl9999 wrote:
    mrtek wrote:

I too remember they were talking about doing something different. Max said something about maybe wanting to do a sandbox RPG, Minecraft inspired. Less monster slashing, and more resources & building. I am not sure the current hack & slash audience fits into that, though. Lowers the tempo way too much.