Got stuck and cannot get out

Power was restored in the lightning generator room, went up topside running around the tan area. Decided to go back down below to check on things I missed. Click the button on the wall again and it dropped the warp pattern platform back down. There now appears to be absolutely no way out of this area.

Backups don't go far enough back to correct mistake, looks like I start over.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• GrognirdatrollGrognirdatroll Posts: 5
    Accepted Answer

That platform did not seem to be necessary the second time round. Used once to open up area and then dropped down. Appears to be random glitch, didn't let me warp to the farthest available platform, just terminated mid warp and splatted me on the ground.

Answers

• Kva3imodaKva3imoda Posts: 983 ✭✭
    edited September 28

Grognirdatroll, try to find a earliest save in BACKUPS. I had the same problem and got stuck in the same cave. While I was looking for an exit, I got 8 saves in this cave, but 2 were older.
    Also if you use the Steam version - turn off the Steam cloud when you change the files and start the game. Otherwise, the cloud will replace your files back.

4ByzPdz.png 88pn2UZ.pngtrCrfep.png
  • i did, unfortunately I spent an hour hunting for a way out and the saves only went back 1 hour. There were 10 of them. They should give you one "day before" save, that would have eliminated the issue entirely.

• Kva3imodaKva3imoda Posts: 983 ✭✭

If we had ordinary saves, this would not be a problem. You need to wait for a patch or try to look for a way to use the console commands.

4ByzPdz.png 88pn2UZ.pngtrCrfep.png
  • I restarted the game and ditched the old one. Having a better time now that I'm familiar with how the world works. Since I knew where most everything was this time around in Lightning cave it worked out better. Just opened up the water area, so much farther than before.

• PixomatosePixomatose Posts: 3
    edited September 30

I have exactly the same issue but on PS4, which means no access to previous saves. Any idea how to fix it?

• edgrrredgrrr Posts: 2

Exact same problem on ps4. Guess I'm done playing.

• PsychotronicPsychotronic Posts: 1
    edited October 2

I got quite a bit further in the game on PS4, then returned to this cave to get some items I missed. And I got stuck just like this. It's pretty disheartening to have to restart after beating more than half the game.

EDIT: Okay, I returned to the main menu and loaded my save game, and for some reason the teleport platforms were working again. This still needs a patch, though.

• PixomatosePixomatose Posts: 3

I have exactly the same issue but on PS4, which means no access to previous saves. Any idea how to fix it?

• BrianWBrianW Posts: 2,308 admin

Sorry about that! Can you provide more info on what happened? We are trying to reproduce this issue. Did something unique happen in your case? Did you get a crash right around here? Did you skip a puzzle?

Would it be possible to get your game save? Please send an email to support@runicgames.com and let them know that Brian asked you to contact us.

BrianW
    Community Manager // Mr. Nice Guy

Join us on Discord! https://discord.gg/runicgames
  • BrianWBrianW Posts: 2,308 admin

Guys, it sounds like this might not be an issue after all. Keep exploring! There's a way to get over there and press that button!

BrianW
    Community Manager // Mr. Nice Guy

Join us on Discord! https://discord.gg/runicgames
  • edgrrredgrrr Posts: 2

If there is a work around please tell us. I do not plan to boot up this game again and waste another hour trying to get out of this dungeon.

• FrankieDrumsFrankieDrums Posts: 18
    edited October 6

I'm on PS4, I reloaded using "Load Game" and that reset the platform.

• persephonepersephone Posts: 2

Two days agoI had this same issue and ended up restarting the game. I am pretty sure it happened when I finished every task in the underground cave except I didn't hit the final switch that brings the rectangular platform to the surface. I went back up the way I came in instead. when i went back down I couldn't get to that final switch because of this lowered warp platform, nor could I get out of the cave because of the save point it brought me back to.
    maybe you could reproduce the issue if you go at it this way.

good luck!