Stuck and can't progress.

KuryakinKuryakin Posts: 2
edited September 27 in Hob Support

Hello Runic, I'm hoping this is the correct subforum for my plea for help.
I'm currently stuck at the desert dungeon (for a lack of a better description) and I can't exit, nor can I progress further because the platform that's supposed to move after I pushed a button didn't do so.
Here is a picture of my predicament : https://imgur.com/LfG6LhP
Is there any way for me to redo the dungeon from the start or teleport my character to the surface?
I'm currently 2,5 hours in and not that keen on restarting from the beginning.

Edit: Forgot to add that I'm playing it via GOG and running patch 1.10.3.0.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Kva3imodaKva3imoda Posts: 983 ✭✭
    edited September 27 Accepted Answer

@Kuryakin said:
    I'm currently stuck

Hey Kuryakin. You can find your save here:
    C:\Users***\Documents\My Games\Runic Games\Hob\SAVES****************\

This directory contains 10 backup saves in BACKUPS. Replace the SAVE0.HOB file with your backup file.

I was stuck in another cave and that helped me. Guys if you use the Steam version - turn off the Steam cloud when you change the files and start the game.

Answers

• BrianWBrianW Posts: 2,308 admin

Sorry about that! Can you send your game save over to support@runicgame.com?

BrianW
    Community Manager // Mr. Nice Guy

Join us on Discord! https://discord.gg/runicgames
  • KuryakinKuryakin Posts: 2

Kva3imoda's solution helped a bunch!
    I will still send you the save-file, in case the reason is some pesky rare bug you can squash.

• jeebz77jeebz77 Posts: 1

I had the same thing happen. I was exploring the dungeon again to collect everything and seen a button lit up still so I hit it. A timer started and when it ended the tele platform I used to get there turned off along with the button. I did a full circle and when i got back to the area from the other side there the other tele platform that was working just wouldn't tele me anywhere so I couldn't progress.

• Allo1010Allo1010 Posts: 2

Also stuck in the exact same place, except I can't activate the button. =/

Sending the save file too.

• DarktangentDarktangent Posts: 3

@Kva3imoda said:

@Kuryakin said:
    I'm currently stuck

This directory contains 10 backup saves in BACKUPS. Replace the SAVE0.HOB file with your backup file.

I was stuck in another cave and that helped me. Guys if you use the Steam version - turn off the Steam cloud when you change the files and start the game.

This didn't work for me. All 10 backup saves are in the same spot.

• radarhvradarhv Posts: 3

That place I recognize. It is the same place I am stuck in!
    I'm playing the game on a PS4, there's no way to get out of this place. Respawning doesn't help either, I keep coming back to this same spot.
    Is starting all over the only solution? I guess there is no way I can replace a safe-file on my ps4-system?

• DarktangentDarktangent Posts: 3

@Kva3imoda said:

@Kuryakin said:
    I'm currently stuck

This didn't work for me. All 10 backup saves are in the same spot. Started with the earliest created backup save.

• radarhvradarhv Posts: 3

That place I recognize! It is the same place I am stuck in! I'm playing the game on a PS4, there's no way to get out of this place. Respawning doesn't help either, I keep coming back to this same spot. Is starting all over the only solution?

• areyoumadnerdareyoumadnerd Posts: 4

Same thing for me in ps4 version. Dont have the luxury of choosing a save point what do I do...restart all over???!?!??

Radarhv did you figure anything out?

• BrianWBrianW Posts: 2,308 admin

I believe this issue was resolved, but might not be for some folks who hit it before the resolution. Make sure to update to the latest patch. If that doesn't fix things, send an email, along with your game saves, to support@runicgames.com and reference this thread in your email.

BrianW
    Community Manager // Mr. Nice Guy

Join us on Discord! https://discord.gg/runicgames

I am also stuck here on the ps4 version same problem. What can us ps4 players do about this situation? Restarting over from the beginning seems extreme

Brianw it hasnt been. I tried for 3 hrs over the course of 2 days. I started all over I am finally where i was again. Another glitched happened but rebooting ps4 reset it thank goodness. I just got the game on the 6th of october and it was up to date