That's a pretty lame name for what is essentially a pet pack, but I like it nonetheless.
This mod contains eleven pets, and the items to change your beloved cat, dog, or perhaps nowadays future your ferret, into these creatures.
You'll find pet versions of the following:
- Three enemies who originally did not have pet versions. A pet Phase Beast
, a pet Ember Mycon
, and a small pet Dragonkin
- Two unused enemies in Torchlight, the Varkolyn Dark
and the Varkolyn Warrior
. Both of these can also be found in my Champions Mod, though as enemies rather than pets.
- Two enemies from my Champions Mod, the Dark Priestess
and the Deathcaster
And, in version 1.11, four more were added:
- Two minor enemies from my Champions Mod, the Preying Spider
and the Widowmaker
- Looking to fight spiders with more spiders? Use the Brood Mother
pet, also based on an enemy from my Champions Mod.
- The Depth Dweller
, a pet based on the unused Torchlight boss monster Leviathan.
Another seven pets were added in version 1.13:
- The Crawler
, so you can laser it up like it was no thing.
- The Frost Imp
, an Imp with cold-based attacks and abilities.
- To bolster your forces in case you don't like the Brood Mother, there's the Splitter Gel
and the Pandora
, both based on their Champions Mod counterparts.
- Because Tu'Tara are awesome, you can now turn your pet into a Tu'Tara Voltrunner
or Tu'Tara Dreamreaver
, as seen in the Champions Mod. The black Voltrunner is <3
- And finally, the Darkelf Blade Mistress
. Blades might not be not included, but she's still as ferocious as her sisters from the Champions Mod.
You can see me change my pet into these critters in this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CB7Qg5qFMOQ
The four pet forms added in version 1.11 can be seen here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uexJo68r6r8
The seven pet forms added in version 1.13 can be seen here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gskUMGmpUUM
As of version 1.1 (January 7th, 2010), a Fishmash-compatible version of this mod is also included.
I advise against using both versions simultaneously, as this will accomplish nothing of interest. Either use the normal version, or, if you're using the Fishmash mod by Benjamin Tomfoolery, use the Fishmash-compatible version of the Crouching Pet, Hidden Beast mod.
As of version 1.13a (July 18th, 2011), Mac-compatible versions are also included - version 1.13 included files that do not play well with the Mac version of the games.
Download (and pics of the pets): http://www.runicgamesfansite.com/downlo ... ile&id=402