The TorchLeech MOD Compilation is a flexible mod pack with the follow goals:
- Use well polished mods without known (major) bugs.
- No conflicts (or they can be ignored without getting trouble).
- No dependencies between different mods.
- Support automated update via TorchLeech.
- Prevent game balance issues.
- Vanilla - includes most wanted or basic mods for respec, more maps, bugfixes. Small impact on the gameplay.
- Tasty - includes "Vanilla" and add well polished mods. Something like more recipes, player maps, new quests, new merchants...
- Rich - includes "Tasty" and skins, additional stashes, small fonts... maybe large impact on the gameplay.
First of all we get more and more requests about how to solve conflicts, questions about mod quality. After some hours of playtime i have changed my mod list and Torchlight crashes on start up. Do you think i can remember which mod was used for the savegames? Yep, i do not. I would be happy if there is a pack where i can start from. After this i have read a PM from a player who is really new to the modding scene and ask about a "starter pack". Mmhh. "Install all stuff from TLeech with ratings over 80%" - but there will be many conflicts from class mods and other stuff. Even with the help of the tool most players run into conflicts and don't have the modding experience to solve them.
We decide to release a list of mods. A recommendation. The Compilation.
The trick of this compilation is to make use of the fuzzy search dialog in TLeech. With this feature, you can select, install and update the compilation in few steps:
- Download TorchLeech (1.3a or higher), extract and start it.
- Open the fuzzy search dialog (gear symbol in the top right corner).
- Select the mod names in this thread below. If you want "Tasty" for example, select Vanilla + Tasty.
- Copy the list of mod names in the search box and click [Search]. All mods should be found with 100% accuracy. Click [OK].
- Optional: You can uncheck the mods you do not want to install.
- Select all mods with [CTRL]+[A] and click on [Install]. Wait until the progress is finished.
- Done. Start Torchlight and have fun.
--- VANILLA -------------------------------------
Better Random Quest Rewards (Exp, Fame, Gold)
Better Random Quest Rewards
Potions Stacksize Mod
Total Respec Mod
--- TASTY -----------------------------------
Aegis Maps - Volume 1
Aegis Maps - Volume 2
Balanced Destroyer Skills Duration
Brink The Merc
Epic Boss Maps (Light)
Forgotten Fortress of Rukom
Gem Icon MOD
Gorilla's Dungeon 01
Mine Booster Pack
Somewhat Healthy Pet
Starch the Monster Hunter
The Mysterious Man
--- RICH -------------------------------------
Black Dog (Denim saddlebags)
Black Widow (Spider Reskin)
Enemy Weapon Variety
Gold Sharing Service
Heron's Sword Pack
KelinTor's Mercenary Company
New Stashes and Telekineticist
Shadow Vault Elevator
Shadow Vault+ (Bosses and Warps)
2010-01-06 --- Initial release.
We hope this thread helps some players to get a first dive into the excellent modding scene. Take this compilation only as your start up to check out more and more cool stuff.