[CLASS] Necromancer 1.0 Uploaded

Want to share your mod with the world? Feel free!

[CLASS] Necromancer 1.0 Uploaded

Postby Gripmann » Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:34 pm

So Nasarius had left out of the community due to life related reasons. I had been playing his character and decided to make some updates to it. I hope this doesn't make me infamous in the community with this release. I finished out the skills for the character. Here are the screen shots and the skill list.

Necromancy tab

summon skeleton warrior
undead master - pet mastery skill with new icon
summon chanter - summons the rotted chanter and each skill level this summon gains a new spell it can cast
skeleton archer
summon lich - summons the ghost that teleports and has life leech built in
Throned Minions unchanged from original
skeleton knight - added to summon the skeleton night
feast on flesh gives your minions life leech for a short time
Zombie horde - summons up to 5 zombies. At different levels you summon a different type of zombie but all levels have life leech to their master.
strength of the night - attack speed up and damage up
summon construct - summons a construct - made this one faster than the normal one

Hexes

death wish - exchange a percent of your hp to increase your mana
disease - decrease the amount of damage enemies can do
necro-armor -used the destoryer's close range spirit - it doesn't attack, just give an armor boost
Promise of power - mage requirements down - same from the game with new icon
fear - terror with new icon
face of death - it's the attack version of terror. when you hit a target you cause them to flee
decay - reduces armor of enemies
stench of death - use the poison cloud effect but causes targets in the AOE to be slowed and has a chance to stun
brittle bones - frailty with new icon
rigamortis - by harden your bones you take less damage, but lower you speed
death's embrace - cause a target to be stunned for a short time

Necrononacon all so known as "The Book of the Dead"

draw life - same from the mage in the game with life leech
poison touch
chill touch
Vampiric touch - all of these add either the life drain or element base attack
corpse burst - fire - if you played D2's necromancer I don't have to say anything else. If you didn't play D2 you are a sad excuse for a gamer. :D
corpse burst - poison - see above you sad excuse for a gamer :P
critical strike - same from game
drinker of souls - gain life from bodies
eviscerate - increases critical strike damage and chance to 100% for a very short time.
death lance - same as ember lance, changed icon and damage type for fire to magic
rot - AOE - DPS
till death we part - O.K. I think I need to explain this one. First I'm married and in no way does this say anything about my view of marriage. (Wife will see this) :) Seriously the book of the dead has love spells. Ya I'm not joking, google it. So it's a charm spell that damages the target at the same time. I figure there's only one way to leave the service of a necro if you joined while you were alive.

Again I have to stress that this is not originally my character. The original can be found here. http://forums.runicgames.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=5821

Well it's here. Be nice!!
http://www.runicgamesfansite.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=548
and
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?sdqescm7rf2ct03
Last edited by Gripmann on Sat Sep 18, 2010 4:20 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Gripmann

Re: [CLASS] Necromancer 1.0

Postby Tuishimi » Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:19 pm

Awesome! Downloading as soon as it is ready to try it out!
Tuishimi

Postby mongerman » Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:44 am

Really looking forward to this as well, but was wondering how the skeleton summons compare to the vanilla game spell skeletons?
mongerman

Postby Tuishimi » Sat Feb 27, 2010 7:40 am

In the old Necromancer, they are larger... and grow in power (and numbers) as you add points to them.
Tuishimi

Postby Gripmann » Sat Feb 27, 2010 2:33 pm

Well it's not the vanilla version of the spell. I created different layouts for the skeletons. As they level they get have more hp, attack faster, and increase in number. They max out at 3. I lower the amount you get because you also get 3 archers (at max), the chanter, the lich and the skeleton Knight. My idea behind the minions are for them to have certain "job" functions. The skeletons are you fast attackers, but weak in the hp department. The lich is used more of a scout with the ability to teleport. He can get the attention of mobs while the other minions/pet and your character enter the combat. The chanter is your spell caster. Each skill point you put into it he gains a new ability. That's a quick summary on the summons. I have a fully detail outline when the character releases. I didn't want to complete one now just in case I have to change something around.
Gripmann

Postby TormakSaber » Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:42 pm

Question: Can I stack the spell summons with these summons for an uberwooty army of doom? :D

Suggestion 1: It's spelled "Necronomicon". The mispelling is minor but grating and gives the mod a bit of an unprofessional unpolished look.

Suggestion 2: Like many, many custom classes, you have forgotten to give your class many of the standard passives that are essential to being able to play at higher levels or even just give an alternate playstyle. Advanced Spellcasting, the three Magic masteries, the various weapon masteries, Armor masteries, dual wielding, avdenturer, Treasure hunter, barter, block and parry. Don't tak this personally: Almost every custom class I've seen leaves out some to nearly all of these passive skills and has no suitable replacement. For a spellcaster character especially, the advanced spellcasting and the magic masteries are essential.

Suggestion 3: Burning Bind is a conspicuously absent summon buff. You have thorned Minions but not Burning Bind?

Suggestion 4: "Summon Construct" seems out of theme for the character just like Nether Imps didn't really make sense for the Alchemist. I'd suggest either a single massive tank, or, since you have melee, caster, scout and archer already covered, that you make the highest end summon a healer undead.
TormakSaber

Postby Gripmann » Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:24 am

Suggestion 1: It's spelled "Necronomicon". The mispelling is minor but grating and gives the mod a bit of an unprofessional unpolished look.

Thanks for catching the misspelling. It's not one of the strong suits and it does make it look unprofessional. I will have to change it.

Suggestion 2: Like many, many custom classes, you have forgotten to give your class many of the standard passives that are essential to being able to play at higher levels or even just give an alternate playstyle. Advanced Spellcasting, the three Magic masteries, the various weapon masteries, Armor masteries, dual wielding, avdenturer, Treasure hunter, barter, block and parry. Don't tak this personally: Almost every custom class I've seen leaves out some to nearly all of these passive skills and has no suitable replacement. For a spellcaster character especially, the advanced spellcasting and the magic masteries are essential.

Nah didn't forget them. I didn't want to put those in at this time. I see necromancy as a special branch of magic where the user must focus their efforts on that area of study. I don't see why a necromancy would pickup a bow and arrow, axe or sword. I must admit that this point of view is due to my experience role playing table top RPGs (Rifts). I don't have a problem with putting them in if that what the public needs or wants. I'm open to the idea of placing those skills in the tree.

Suggestion 3: Burning Bind is a conspicuously absent summon buff. You have thorned Minions but not Burning Bind?

Strength of the Night is the replacement for that skill. It ups their damage and attack speed. Didn't want to add both of the skill on the tab due to the similarity.

Suggestion 4: "Summon Construct" seems out of theme for the character just like Nether Imps didn't really make sense for the Alchemist. I'd suggest either a single massive tank, or, since you have melee, caster, scout and archer already covered, that you make the highest end summon a healer undead.

The construct is like the tank or golem from D2. I look at the construct like Frankenstein, a undead creature made of different body parts and giving "life." Also the chanter gets heal all as one of the spell that it can cast.

Thanks for the comments and I'm looking forward to hearing more of what you have to say.
Gripmann

Postby TormakSaber » Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:25 am

Ahh, I missed Strength of the Night!

I only suggested adding the other masteries because they're "Class standards" and the game is balanced around you having access to them. At least consider adding Armor Mastery (call it like "Bone Skin") and the Adavnced Spellcaster and Magic Mastery sets. At the very least, Charm mastery.

Construct looks good then based on what you can say. :D

I'll test it out when I can, I'm having some issues getting my custom classes to work at the moment.
TormakSaber

Postby JoeShmo » Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:07 am

TormakSaber wrote:Ahh, I missed Strength of the Night!

I only suggested adding the other masteries because they're "Class standards" and the game is balanced around you having access to them. At least consider adding Armor Mastery (call it like "Bone Skin") and the Adavnced Spellcaster and Magic Mastery sets. At the very least, Charm mastery.

Construct looks good then based on what you can say. :D

I'll test it out when I can, I'm having some issues getting my custom classes to work at the moment.

All the standard passives/masteries are included. Some have been downsized into 1 single skill instead of 3 separate ones ( IE: spell masteries ). They have been moved around in the trees as well, so you will have to look around to find them, but as a whole, im really enjoying how it all meshes together.

The touch ups on the old skills by adding some flavor to them and/or new animations is great. I honestly was expecting much less from this mod, and i was seriously wrong after i made my character. The shear ammount of available skills, the diversity of them, and how each tree actually has a separate feel and playstyle is fantastic. I just broke into my teens and i can already tell that i will need to replay this character several times to get the full spectrum of what it has to offer, and thus far i am having a great time. Even though the starting levels are a little slow and dangerous :P , i liked it.

Great mod!
JoeShmo

Postby LittleOleMe » Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:24 pm

Hello,

Just out of curiosity, what is the status on your class?

Thank you.
LittleOleMe

Postby Gripmann » Sat Mar 20, 2010 1:06 am

I'm planning on a public beta release, but I'm in the process of moving. I'll try to make some time to finish a few more changes and upload them. Right now I don't have an ETA.
Gripmann

Postby Vitellozzo » Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:31 pm

Not for put stress on you... But when we'll be able to try this... loveable class? <3
I'm waiting for a fully functional necromancer in a game since last D2 character :D Why don't making him more neutral than "evil" side, like the D2 Necromancer (that were a priest of a deity, not the cliché evil mage who cast bad spells) but with another background?
Vitellozzo

Postby Gripmann » Sun May 23, 2010 6:59 pm

Sorry for staying away for a while. Moving and work took up a lot more time than I thought. So I've been making some changes to the character. Got some feedback from the beta tester. Changed the speed of the chanter so he can keep up. Added several new skills that take the place of the base skills. Some have been changed completely, some have a new spin on them, and some I just added a custom picture.

Now I know you're wondering when I'm going to release the character. Well I'm gonna have to say some time in the future. I still have more to finish and the task list is as follows...

Complete descriptions of the skills (complete 6/14/2010)
Change the levels that you can add skill points to the skills (complete 6/14/2010)
Add class specific weapons and armor (unique drops) (complete 6/17/2010)
Add sets for the necromancer (only have two in mind right now and I'll listen to any ideas) - (7/25/2010)
Finish the storyline for the class (W.I.P.)
Complete the write up on the class that will be included in the zip or rar file

As I finish a task I'll update this post.

Oh if anybody would like to help me with changing the colors of one of the armors in the game that would help.
Last edited by Gripmann on Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:05 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Gripmann

Postby MysticRelic » Mon May 24, 2010 3:57 pm

Good to hear you're still doing the project Gripmann, I'm looking forward to the finished product :D
Zephyx - LVL 100 Vanq (Normal) 1st Char Build
Mystaria - LVL Whatever (Hard) Rifle/Traps Build "Now Playing"
MysticRelic

Re: [CLASS] Necromancer 1.0 Update 06/14/2010

Postby TippEx » Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:35 am

hm is it allowed to use the skill symbols from World of Warcraft for an own project?
TippEx

Postby Omnifas » Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:07 pm

You're allowed as long as you don't profit from it, and as long as Blizzard doesn't give you an C&D(basically legal documents to stop).
Omnifas

Postby Gripmann » Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:22 am

Omnifas wrote:You're allowed as long as you don't profit from it, and as long as Blizzard doesn't give you an C&D(basically legal documents to stop).

For the most part I was aware of that. Knowledge comes from my days with Mugen.
Gripmann

Re: [CLASS] Necromancer 1.0 Update 07/25/2010

Postby Gripmann » Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:13 pm

Tier one items have been finished!!!

Looking to release near the end of August.
Gripmann

Re: [CLASS] Necromancer 1.0 Update 07/25/2010

Postby gluemchen » Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:12 am

Any new info on this class yet? I really miss playing a class relying on minions for battle. I hope to hear something new soon.
As for what i have seen sofar this class is really looking like a necromancer. I can`t state enough how much i want to get my hands on this. *drool* Pardon me!
Last edited by gluemchen on Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
gluemchen

Postby Phanjam » Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:19 am

Gripmann wrote:Oh if anybody would like to help me with changing the colors of one of the armors in the game that would help.

Hi Gripmann. There's a lot of Alchemist armor re-skin mods you can look into; one of them may be right for your needs :) Am sure it'd be okay with the original mod-maker so long as they get credit
Phanjam

Next

Return to Mod Showcase