Jarcho's Class Compilation v1.3

Want to share your mod with the world? Feel free!

Re: Another Class Compilation *UPDATED v1.21*

Postby robcallis » Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:50 am

Jarcho are you going to do a update on your mod? The Paladin has had several changes. Also if there are no glitches and mixture of meshes, I'll download and use it. Right now I'm using Torchleech to switch classes.
People motivate themselves, and are inspired by others.
robcallis

Postby Jarcho » Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:47 pm

inmycoffin wrote:
inmycoffin wrote:Give me a tip please, How do i get rid of the Wardrobe Malfunction during the second launch. See i got a prob about the ladyknight when using the skills that make her crash then restarting game then afterwards seeing that all characters wardrobe are no where to be seen. Help Please like your MOD though i found out that using itemtier3 is the culprit in this Wardrobe Malfunction.

LoL, thanks anyway. i managed to solve the issue. Guys out there who got the same conflicts heres for you. Remove JCC - Itemtier3 addon and install Tier - 3 Ancient Items (available at torchleech) case solved. It has all JCC unique ancients too. and to lessen the megs you would use on those mods. just remove all the normal Tier3 items so you could save some megs.

You'll run into problems when your trying to use the armor from the third tier. The armor won't show on any of the custom classes, the helmets and shoulder armor will also screw up.

robcallis wrote:Jarcho are you going to do a update on your mod? The Paladin has had several changes. Also if there are no glitches and mixture of meshes, I'll download and use it. Right now I'm using Torchleech to switch classes.

I'll update it when I'm done fixing a slight, probably unnoticeable, particle mix-up and finished doing animation work for the Paladin class and CCCenturion gets it updated to include them. You probably won't run into any problems unless you use both the third item tier addon and the champions mod, even then you only have to clear the mod cache every time you launch (and wait awhile for it to load).

You can also fix the lady knight screwing up by going to the lady knight character file in "JCC - Class Lady Knight/media/units/players/ladknight" (or something close to that) and change the mesh file line from "ladyknight" to "vanquisher" (The line should be near the top). You'll have to use the vanquisher's mesh over the altered ladyknight mesh, but you won't notice once you equip armor.
Jarcho

Postby robcallis » Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:52 pm

Cool thanks.
robcallis

Postby Kulturbanause » Sun Aug 08, 2010 3:52 am

Hello,

first off, i have to say thank you for your MOD!

I have one question. Is this MOD: LVL&SkillModV2.5.2 Raise lvl to 999, fame to 200 & skills 30 http://forums.runicgames.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=8905

compatible with yours? If not, could you make it compatible?

Greetings and thanks in advance
Kulturbanause

Postby Jarcho » Sun Aug 08, 2010 11:54 am

Yeah, it works. Just make sure to remove the third items tier from it.
Jarcho

Postby inmycoffin » Sun Aug 08, 2010 6:34 pm

You'll run into problems when your trying to use the armor from the third tier. The armor won't show on any of the custom classes, the helmets and shoulder armor will also screw up.

I just ran on to this, you have some item at your tier3 addon that made the wardrobe malfunction. I completely removed that addon and installed the tier3 download at torchleech and it fixed the problem and good thing is i can loot those items without any wardrobe conflicts.
inmycoffin

Postby Kulturbanause » Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:31 am

Thx for the fast reply.

I found one Bug. The weapon of the troll pet and Krag pet will be removed if you use the Pets inventory the first time...
Any idea to solve that? I remember that the other Pet compilation had solved that issue.
Last edited by Kulturbanause on Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kulturbanause

Postby Kulturbanause » Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:44 am

Ah i forgot one thing. WIll you update your pack? Coz new Classes were introduced and some Class got updated.

Here is a small list:

Your mod: ||| Latest Version: ||| Link:
Lady Knight ||| Lady Knight v1.02 ||| viewtopic.php?f=20&t=13672
Paladin v1.4 ||| Paladin Class v 1.05.1 ||| viewtopic.php?f=20&t=8905

Some new interesting Classes would be:
Community Mod III "Valkyrie II" [CLASS] III viewtopic.php?f=20&t=13600
Kulturbanause

Postby robcallis » Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:11 pm

Kulturbanause wrote:Ah i forgot one thing. WIll you update your pack? Coz new Classes were introduced and some Class got updated.

Here is a small list:

The Enchantress has a update too: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=14127
robcallis

Postby inmycoffin » Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:27 pm

Kulturbanause wrote:Ah i forgot one thing. WIll you update your pack? Coz new Classes were introduced and some Class got updated.

Here is a small list:

you could manually update those classes. Just be sure to put all the files on the same directory. Example: Paladin 1.05 files are located on the ff folders \JCC - Class Skills - Airbender, Paladin and Sorceress, \JCC - Particles and Missiles and \JCC - Main
inmycoffin

Postby Jarcho » Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:47 pm

Yea, I'll get to updating the mod when I get home ('bout 2 weeks). Should be fairly obvious where all he stuff goes;
  • the particles and missiles folder is for what it's labeled (second one is for just the Spiritdancer)
  • the class skills folder holds the named classes skills, skill affixes and the player unit file
  • the main folder holds everything else.
It's separated to reduce the time it takes to select the characters for the first time (normally it takes a couple of minuets). For some reason, the games seems to check for the skills the selected class uses, as well as all of the files those files reference, and those files reference and so on... basically it manually checks in some weird way even though they are all in memory already.

Inmycoffin, did you actually equip any of the armor from the third tier. As far as I can tell, you shouldn't be able to see any of the meshes from those armors on any of the custom classes. I can't check right now as I don't have Torchlight installed, nor do I feel like manually installing it right or going though all of the work right now of checking it in TorchED (read: I'm lazy and on vacation).
Jarcho

Postby inmycoffin » Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:09 pm

Jarcho wrote:Inmycoffin, did you actually equip any of the armor from the third tier. As far as I can tell, you shouldn't be able to see any of the meshes from those armors on any of the custom classes. I can't check right now as I don't have Torchlight installed, nor do I feel like manually installing it right or going though all of the work right now of checking it in TorchED (read: I'm lazy and on vacation).

Well i got this Ancient OurGreat Weapon "Custom Mesh". Ill post the screeny later and try to find Other Ancient Things. Heres my Character and the Ancient Weapon (Ancient Polearm)
inmycoffin

Postby Phanjam » Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:37 am

robcallis wrote:The Enchantress has a update too: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=14127

Thanks robcallis!
Phanjam

Postby gamekillz » Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:26 am

hey i saw this on one of fileplanet.com top 5 featured mods for torchlight. pretty awesome mod on your hands here :)
gamekillz

Postby robcallis » Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:19 pm

Phanjam wrote:
robcallis wrote:The Enchantress has a update too: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=14127

Thanks robcallis!

Anytime :lol:
robcallis

Postby Otakkun » Wed Aug 11, 2010 3:40 pm

I'm having a bug when using the fomar & stone brother classes ... the alchemist skill pyre goes haywire, dealing 13k damage instead of 100ish per second.
Otakkun

Postby inmycoffin » Wed Aug 11, 2010 4:22 pm

i also something like bug when i used Shaman, the lightning shield only last for i think 3seconds.i checked the .dat file for the skill but it states DURATIONMS 3600000 = 1hour. i looked on the same buff skill "earth shield" as a basis and also saw something fishy the spelling is DURATIONNMS. those that affect the skill? as foor S' Jarcho, could you help us on this? i think you have kept in touch with CCCenturion with the animation for vengeance. thanks
inmycoffin

Postby karl » Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:58 pm

I installed this mod. Began the character start process. As I was naming my character, I saw the the choice of pets had gone from the usual three (dog, cat, ferret) to just two: dog and cat. No ferret. Has anyone else had this happen?

As often happens, I googled and searched and found that no one else is having this problem? Is there a fix to restore all three default pets?

Thanks in advance.

p.s. - for now, I've restored from a backup of my runic_games directory to the state before I copied in the mod.
The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.
karl

Postby Velari » Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:55 am

I have to wonder how "default" the pets are in your case if this mod causes them to disappear. I'm assuming you have the Ferret mod installed? If not I guess the versions of Torchlight that include the Ferret handle it in a weird way, but I can't confirm since I don't have said versions.

At any rate, the problem is rather simple. Both mods modify charactercreate.layout - essentially, the character create/select screen. The Ferret mod does so to make it show up with the Cat and Dog. This mod does it to make all those classes show up. However, since they're both the same file, Torchlight will use one instance and ignore all others. Under normal circumstances, this mod will be higher in priority since the game comes across it earlier alphabetically, and thus ignores the charactercreate.layout file in the Ferret mod, causing the Ferret to no longer appear as an option.
Velari

Postby karl » Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:56 am

Thanks for the reply. :)

Velari wrote:I have to wonder how "default" the pets are in your case if this mod causes them to disappear. I'm assuming you have the Ferret mod installed? If not I guess the versions of Torchlight that include the Ferret handle it in a weird way, but I can't confirm since I don't have said versions.

The ferret came with the game. Bought it at GameStop. Went home. Booted up my computer. Opened the box. Put the DVD in the computer. Ran the installer. Had a ferret from day one. Jarcho's was the only mod I ever tried. :o

At any rate, the problem is rather simple. Both mods modify charactercreate.layout - essentially, the character create/select screen. The Ferret mod does so to make it show up with the Cat and Dog. This mod does it to make all those classes show up. However, since they're both the same file, Torchlight will use one instance and ignore all others. Under normal circumstances, this mod will be higher in priority since the game comes across it earlier alphabetically, and thus ignores the charactercreate.layout file in the Ferret mod, causing the Ferret to no longer appear as an option.

Since the ferret is not in via a mod, does this still apply?
The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.
karl

PreviousNext

Return to Mod Showcase