Here's a status update for those of you who don't spend much time on the RGF forums.
The animations are working for the Alchemist and Destroyer models, but not for the Vanquisher. I did get the Vanquisher animations to the point where the game doesn't crash anymore when you load a Vanquisher, but the only animation that works on her for now is the Destroyer's bow attack. Even the Vanquisher animations aren't working on her right now, and they're all the same as they were before! I'm using the same .animation file to link the animation skeletons to all three models; it's working for the Alchemist and Destroyer, but not for the Vanquisher.
We've also learned that while most animations can have multiple versions, the Run, Idle, and Corruption animations can only have one file per character. There may be others, but I think that's it. So to make this mod work, you have to change a few things (which I plan to do in an update soon):
1) Choose the Run, Idle, and Corruption animations that you want to use for your character. (The files ending with 0 are Alchemist animations, 1 are Destroyer animations, and 2 are Vanquisher animations).
2) Delete the files you don't want to use, or if you want to save them for later, change the filename (I usually just put an X at the beginning of the filename).
3) Delete the number at the end of the filename for each of your three animations.
4) Convert the .skeleton file to an XML file using the Ogre XML Converter (included in the Animation Converter I posted here
) -- just drag and drop the file on the OgreXMLConverter.exe icon.
5) Open the skeleton.xml file in a text editor, scroll down to the <animation> tag, and change the animation's name.
6) Save and convert the .xml file back to a skeleton file.
7) In the character's .animation file, delete the entries for the animations you will not be using, and change the filenames for the ones you just edited.
If this all seems confusing, don't worry. The mod itself doesn't really do anything unless you create another mod using these animations. So once I get these all working correctly, other modders will be able to do cool things with them.