Respec Mod

Want to share your mod with the world? Feel free!

Respec Mod

Postby Tiamat » Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:50 pm

http://www.runicgamesfansite.com/torchlightmods/node/32
or
http://www.torchlightinsider.com/forums ... 10#post710

Respec potion mod, allows you to buy respec potions from the general inventory vendor (the one with identify scrolls)

README:
The respec mod causes the general inventory vendor (hp/mp potions, identify/town portal scrolls) to offer the respec potion.

To install:
Unzip the structure into your %appdata%\Runic Games\Torchlight\mods\ folder.

You can find this by following the C:\Program Files\Runic Games\Torchlight\Application Data link.

It should look like C:\Users\YourName\AppData\Roaming\runic games\torchlight\mods\RespecMod if you are running Vista.

NOTE: If your vendor isn't selling the potion for an old character, you may have to get his current store to restock his wares. Vendors will restock if you spend about a half minute in town, leave, and return.

Enjoy!
-Tiamat
Tiamat
Runic Staff

Re: Respec Mod

Postby Anni » Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:55 pm

this is awesome and you should feel awesome
Anni

Postby Tiamat » Wed Oct 28, 2009 3:24 pm

If this doesn't work, please post with your installation type (which vendor you got Torchlight from) and what went wrong. It works great on mine ;) Thanks!
Tiamat
Runic Staff

Postby SnowPin » Wed Oct 28, 2009 3:39 pm

Tiamat wrote:If this doesn't work, please post with your installation type (which vendor you got Torchlight from) and what went wrong. It works great on mine ;) Thanks!

Mines not working. I put the "Media" folder in the directory:

"C:\Users\Administrator\Application Data\runic games\torchlight\mods"

And I load up the game log in and the "General" vendor doesn't sell them. I waited a few minutes, Left into the mines and came back and still no respec potion.
Xfire: streamlinevision
SnowPin

Postby Luitjens » Wed Oct 28, 2009 3:43 pm

SnowPin wrote:
Tiamat wrote:If this doesn't work, please post with your installation type (which vendor you got Torchlight from) and what went wrong. It works great on mine ;) Thanks!

And I load up the game log in and the "General" vendor doesn't sell them. I waited a few minutes, Left into the mines and came back and still no respec potion.

Make sure its

"C:\Users\Administrator\Application Data\runic games\torchlight\mods\RespecMod\media
Luitjens

Postby SnowPin » Wed Oct 28, 2009 3:45 pm

Luitjens wrote:
SnowPin wrote:

Make sure its

"C:\Users\Administrator\Application Data\runic games\torchlight\mods\RespecMod\media

Thanks Luitjens for helping me fix it.

Thank you Tiamat for this mod.
SnowPin

Postby wouter » Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:00 pm

Great, been waiting for this :). I'm using steam and it works fine. Thanks!
wouter

Postby IronSteve » Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:29 pm

"Originally exceptionally rare, the secret ingrediants were eventually leaked and copied."

hahahaha awsome!
IronSteve

Postby IndigoAK » Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:55 pm

It's not working for me.

Running Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit and using the Steam version of the game.

Installed the mod to:

C:\Users\Jon\AppData\Roaming\runic games\torchlight\mods\RespecMod

EDIT: Nevermind, it's working. I had to use a waygate before it would appear though - the OP's suggestion to get the shop to restock didn't work for me.
Last edited by IndigoAK on Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IndigoAK

Postby Bissrok » Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:03 pm

Very, very cool. I just might see level 100 now...
Bissrok

Postby Needlehawk » Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:07 pm

Just did this to make sure that everything was working and it worked fine! I have just one question. :) This is a skill respec and what I might be interested in eventually is stat respec'ing. Will this be possible to do as a mod when we get TorchED?
Needlehawk

Postby Mkauz » Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:13 pm

FYI, I downloaded my game from Steam and play on Windows Vista. My game did not work after installing this mod. I deleted the mod and everything worked as normal. Just putting this in writing in case anyone else is having issues.
Mkauz

Postby SnowPin » Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:13 pm

Needlehawk wrote:Just did this to make sure that everything was working and it worked fine! I have just one question. :) This is a skill respec and what I might be interested in eventually is stat respec'ing. Will this be possible to do as a mod when we get TorchED?

What's TorchED?

Also, Is it normal for it to take a little while to load up the game now? Everytime I load it from desktop with the mod it goes slow and when I use it without the mod it goes fast.
SnowPin

Postby Tegan » Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:32 pm

First off, awesome mod, thanks Tiamat.

I am also hoping to see a stat respec potion or mod be possible in with TorchEd. Being the tinkerer that I am, I tried to edit some values in the respecpotion.dat, to see if Torchlight automatically detected that the .dat had changed and compiled it in to the pre-compiled .adm format...alas, no. It seems TorchEd is required to generate the pre-compiled binary files the engine uses.
Tegan

Postby LinkD » Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:48 pm

um, im looking in my torchlight folder but im not seeing any mods folder, i bought it through steam, and what do i do with the app data icon? i double click but nothing happens
LinkD

Postby Needlehawk » Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:57 pm

TorchED is the editor that we will be getting for mods soon. They had hoped to release it on Day 1, but found out their previous name, PrEditor, was taken. So they are currently working through the logistics of naming it "TorchED".

For anyone that bought with Steam and is running XP, to find your mod file -
  • Start/Run/%appdata%
  • Look for Runic Games/Torchlight/Mods

That is where you should put the mods. Sorry, I don't know Vista, but maybe it is similar. Steam made it harder than the devs intended to find the mod file, unfortunately. After I found it, I just put a shortcut on my Desktop for it.
Needlehawk

Postby IndigoAK » Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:59 pm

In Vista and Windows 7, the mods folder should be located in Drive:\Users\<Username>\AppData\Roaming\runic games\torchlight\mods

Application Data and AppData are the same folder in both Vista and Windows 7, it simply has two different names, but they both exist at the same location in the file system.
IndigoAK

Postby heron » Wed Oct 28, 2009 6:02 pm

vista;

C:\Users\Your_Name\AppData\Roaming\runic games\torchlight\mods
heron

Postby LinkD » Wed Oct 28, 2009 6:02 pm

For anyone that bought with Steam and is running XP, to find your mod file -

* Start/Run/%appdata%
* Look for Runic Games/Torchlight/Mods

That is where you should put the mods. Sorry, I don't know Vista, but maybe it is similar. Steam made it harder than the devs intended to find the mod file, unfortunately. After I found it, I just put a shortcut on my Desktop for it.

thanks for the quick answer
LinkD

Postby Needlehawk » Wed Oct 28, 2009 6:09 pm

No problem. Glad to help.
Needlehawk

Next

Return to Mod Showcase