TorchLeech - WoWMatrix clone for Torchlight

Want to share your mod with the world? Feel free!

TorchLeech - WoWMatrix clone for Torchlight

Postby TorchLeech » Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:13 pm

TorchLeech - free mod manager inspired by "WoWMatrix" for World of Warcraft.

The main goal is to provide simple de-/install and update of mods for your Torchlight installation just by one click. The manager automatically detect conflicts between mods, allow to disable/enable a specific mod and edit the 'mods.dat'. It takes care of the bug with ADM-/CMP-files in the game version 1.12. The online database is a download mirror of repacked archives to pull out every mod with informations about author, version, ... The project does not list every stuff which is available at the well known community sites as Torchlight Insider or Runic Games Fansite. All mods must be functional and pass a quality check (by the TorchLeech team).

Native 32-bit Windows binary. Windows Vista/7 are tested, don't know if XP does the job too - just try it. If you have any trouble with TorchLeech or want to comment the tool -> post in this thread here.

More infos on the website (includes some FAQs). Just download, extract and start it.

Image Image Image
Last edited by TorchLeech on Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:43 pm, edited 4 times in total.
TorchLeech - a free mod manager for Torchlight. --- powered by Runic Games Fansite.
TorchLeech

Re: TorchLeech - WoWMatrix clone for Torchlight

Postby Citizen86 » Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:23 pm

Looks nice, thanks for this! I didn't realize there were so many mods available already either!
Citizen86

Postby 3shirtlessmen » Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:35 pm

Looks wonderful. Thanks!
3shirtlessmen

Postby LadyDuck » Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:38 pm

With XP works fine!
Tnx a lot!
LadyDuck

Postby StrykerMikado » Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:40 pm

This is really amazing. Every mod I had installed wasn't able to be used but I just redownloaded them using your program and it works fine. A+

Edit: Eventually I will be making some mods and would like for them to be included on your program. Will you have a place on the site to submit mods in the future?
Project Fantasy [Various Mods]
Elite Generation [Blog/Content Storage]
TorchED Torrent [Needs Seeders]
Making A Custom Map [Tutorial]
StrykerMikado

Postby TorchLeech » Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:27 pm

LadyDuck wrote:With XP works fine!

Thanks for your feedback. Good to know.

StrykerMikado wrote:This is really amazing. Every mod I had installed wasn't able to be used but I just redownloaded them using your program and it works fine. A+

It is a technical issue because the modmakers do not provide basic infos like author and version within their mods. TorchLeech take the "mod.dat"-deal which is descripted in the TorchED-Post at RGFs Wiki. Without this file, TorchLeech can not get enougth infos about the installed mods. The best way is to uninstall the "not supported version" and then reinstall the mod with TorchLeech. As you mentioned, it is not a real problem, just two clicks.

StrykerMikado wrote:Will you have a place on the site to submit mods in the future?

Instead of creating just another community, TorchLeech interacts with the three big sites - Runic Forum, RGF and Torchlight Insider - as a webbrowser. We like the idea to focus comments on a few locations to help modmakers check feedback. At this point, we just crawl through all three websites for new "good" mods like you do, test, repack and add them to TorchLeechs database. I guess we can add a "submit request" at the top menu of TorchLeech in the next version, where you can enter a weblink (for mod infos) which should be checked by the team. If it is no doublet, not buggy, not just the 6546544th simple recoloring or really annoying (ex. a mod which grants 10 mio. gold each item sell value, extremly overpowered gear or just kick the gameplay to the ground) then i don't know why not add to the database.

Publish you mods to the three communities, thats the way we like it. But you can post a small hint on your new mods here in this thread until TorchLeech have a "submit request"-feature like descripted above.

@All: Download host just cache some old file - please download it again and replace the exe-file.
Last edited by TorchLeech on Tue Nov 10, 2009 3:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.
TorchLeech - a free mod manager for Torchlight. --- powered by Runic Games Fansite.
TorchLeech

Postby Illimitus » Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:30 pm

Nice.
Illimitus

Postby brennok » Tue Nov 10, 2009 4:28 pm

Hmm some files are reporting a zero for file size so they don't give the option to download/install such as [Cosmetic] Trendy Transmogrificators. I am running Windows 7 64-bit but I don't know if it is an issue with pulling file info from Runicgamesfansite since I get a script error when trying to browse that page through the addon.
Last edited by brennok on Tue Nov 10, 2009 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
brennok

Postby ForeverLove » Tue Nov 10, 2009 4:36 pm

WOW~ This is just great!!!
I registered here because of this program~ Thanks~!!
ForeverLove

Postby Vis » Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:25 pm

Awesome. Just awesome.
Vis

Postby StrykerMikado » Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:31 pm

brennok wrote:Hmm some files are reporting a zero for file size so they don't give the option to download/install such as [Cosmetic] Trendy Transmogrificators. I am running Windows 7 64-bit but I don't know if it is an issue with pulling file info from Runicgamesfansite since I get a script error when trying to browse that page through the addon.

The ones that are greyed out and have zero file size are disabled atm for whatever reason. The faq on the site explains this.
Project Fantasy [Various Mods]
Elite Generation [Blog/Content Storage]
TorchED Torrent [Needs Seeders]
Making A Custom Map [Tutorial]
StrykerMikado

Postby brennok » Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:52 pm

Ok thanks. I was at work so anything not .com or .org was blocked for me.
brennok

Postby Faxfane » Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:12 pm

This is a very cool and handy program. The web interface is rather a nice touch, though several of the mods I use weren't supported...yet, such as FishMash, Brighter Map, Darker Ambient Lighting, and Potion Deluxe.

Still, wonderful job and very user friendly. I'm on XP SP3 and had no issues. The Conflict Finder was very handy.
What don't kill me will eventually.
Faxfane

Postby TorchLeech » Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:01 pm

brennok wrote:I am running Windows 7 64-bit but I don't know if it is an issue with pulling file info from Runicgamesfansite since I get a script error when trying to browse that page through the addon.

TorchLeech use an instance of you local 'Internet Explorer' as embedded component.
TorchLeech

Postby krissgjeng » Wed Nov 11, 2009 6:12 am

looks nice, will be keeping an eye on this.
krissgjeng

Postby Eye » Wed Nov 11, 2009 6:27 am

This will get very handy eventually.

Its kinda like Obmm : Oblivion mod manager for those who played oblivion and modded it to dead :) .
[WIP]Eye's small survivability mod :;: Soon to be released.
[WIP]Testing Rooms
Eye

Postby LordKorax » Wed Nov 11, 2009 6:42 am

The "Activate/Deactivate Mod" functions seems to be broken. Whenever I deactivate a mod, it re-activates as soon as I start Torchlight. Management using the TorchKit tool you linked to works fine, so I don't think it's anything wrong with my setup.
LordKorax

Postby ombra » Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:54 am

Very good, i will install and test it as soon as possible! Thank you very much for the work!
Former Forum Nicks
Hellgate London: Pumpkinnose
Mythos: Sanguefreddo
ombra

Postby xdanx » Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:02 pm

Seems pretty limited, but it's quite interesting
xdanx

Postby askjosh » Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:56 pm

My main concern with this is how you are gathering and distributing the mods that are found on the other mod websites. If you are hot linking the files then I will not download, use or support your product. if you are hosting the files on your own server then I will give some thought to using your mod manger / downloader
askjosh

Next

Return to Mod Showcase