[MOD] Merchant Pack v4.1

Want to share your mod with the world? Feel free!

[MOD] Merchant Pack v4.1

Postby Lathlas » Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:07 am

This mod adds Map, Fish, Gem, Spell & Scroll, Potion and Ranged weapon sellers to the town. It also modifies the Blacksmith, General Merchant and Gem/Trinket seller to remove overlapping inventories.

This is now a genuine merchant pack. This mod includes my Cartographer and Fish vendor mods, valdr's gem merchant, and MissGrim's spell dealer so delete any previously installed copies of those.

This includes the following mods made by other people.

Anya's Gem Emporium is included in this with a slight change to her spawnclass so that you can use the same static inventory settings as all of the other merchants.

The Zeris the Cursed spell dealer mod included with this has been modified to support the static inventory options, and to sell Town Portal and Identify scrolls.

The original "Gem seller" is changed to not actually sell gems, spells or maps and has her title changed to "Trinket dealer". She still sells wands & staves, and her trinket rarity levels have been increased, including a slight chance of selling unique trinkets (but not unique weapons). I increased the rarity levels on her wands and staves as well, they should are now the same level as the other weapon dealers. I also changed her soundset because she no longer sells "The finest cut gems & ember."

The General merchant has been changed into an apothecary, he no longer sells fish or scrolls, only potions. He will sell Health and Mana potions scaling with level, including the higher level potions in the Bigger Potions mod. If you have the Potion Deluxe mod installed he will also sell Regen And Rejuv potions scaling with level. He will also sell the Respec potion and any of the various Stat respec potions if you have them installed. He sells a random selection of items with type "MAGIC POTION" if you want your potions to spawn in his inventory you should make them MAGIC POTIONs with a rarity greater than 0. If you DON'T want them to spawn in his inventory, but DO want monsters to drop them, just make them item type POTION. He's been tested for compatability with the following potion mods:

All of the merchants included in this pack have a regular inventory spawnclass, and a STATIC spawnclass inside the merge folder. Any items you write into there will automatically spawn if you want to make a merchant sell something specific. You can use the static spawn in a merge folder with your own mods as well to make them be automatically compatabile for anyone using this mod. Just make sure your mod's spawnclass has a unique name for the static file, although the NAME line in the file should be identical.

Add a section like this for each item you want to always spawn. Just change <STRING>UNITTYPE:NONE to whatever you actually want there.

Code: Select all
[OBJECT]
<STRING>UNITTYPE:NONE
<INTEGER>WEIGHT:-1
<INTEGER>RARITY_OVERRIDE:1
[/OBJECT]

-------DOWNLOAD-------

http://www.runicgamesfansite.com/torchlightmods/node/265
Last edited by Lathlas on Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:22 am, edited 22 times in total.
And on the sixth day God said, "They're not bugs, they're features. Let's ship!"

[MODS]
Merchant Pack
Potion Expansion
More Gem Types
Scroll Cast
Prism Equipment
Lathlas

Re: [MOD] Merchant Pack

Postby TomaLexi » Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:18 am

You are almost faster creating these mods than I am adding them. Serious Question: How much time do you spend on making these? No offense, since I am also lurking all day here in the forum for keeping everything up to date as fast as I can. Just curious.
As usual:
Added to Ultimate Modlist Thread Website & Ultimate Modlist Thread

Merchant Pack
This mod is designed to be used with the several existing merchant mods, like the Gem Merchant, Spell Dealer, Fishmonger & Cartographer.
http://forums.runicgames.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=8255

Oh and I kinda missed the [Mod] part of the thread name for the last mod you did ;)
Looking for mods? Complete mod-list: http://sites.google.com/site/ultimatemodlistwiki/
TomaLexi

Postby hawkn » Fri Nov 27, 2009 2:02 pm

Cool. Thanks for the new weapon dealer. :D
...I most certainly am not the meanest person on these forums, I defer that position to hawkn. ~ AMB2010
Runic Games Fansite My Deviant
hawkn

Postby Lathlas » Fri Nov 27, 2009 4:17 pm

Oh and I kinda missed the [Mod] part of the thread name for the last mod you did

Yeah, I missed it too, but I wanted parallel structure with the mod it was expanded on.

Cool. Thanks for the new weapon dealer.

No prob.

Serious Question: How much time do you spend on making these? No offense, since I am also lurking all day here in the forum for keeping everything up to date as fast as I can. Just curious.

Actually, not that long (comparatively). All of the mods I've actually been able to knock out fairly quickly. Testing them takes longer certainly, but from the first idea to a working version has been less than an hour of actually working on it almost every time. I'm also usually fiddling with multiple mods at the same time, along with actually playing Torchlight. I'm also playing Dragon Age, and doing real work to fill up the rest of the time. I also don't sleep, chronic insomnia leads to the most eclectic hobbies.

The one real excpetion to that is the 'Scroll Cast' mod. I still can't make that work. :x

I also need to tweak a couple of my released mods.
And on the sixth day God said, "They're not bugs, they're features. Let's ship!"

[MODS]
Merchant Pack
Potion Expansion
More Gem Types
Scroll Cast
Prism Equipment
Lathlas

Postby Neotoq » Fri Nov 27, 2009 5:11 pm

Thanks for the mods! I love them :D
Neotoq

Postby Encepheron » Fri Nov 27, 2009 6:03 pm

Looks good! Will DL when I get home. Was wondering if anyone would do that and here it is; not only that but it adds an NPC :) I was thinking about a mod pack that would add all the available NPCs ( merchant & quest) and packing them together. Something like "Lively town mod pack" I love all the extra NPCs even if I don't always use them (like fish), it makes what was a deserted town seem more alive :)
Encepheron

Postby runicPwnage » Fri Nov 27, 2009 7:05 pm

very nice 8-)
runicPwnage

Postby Undeadgamer » Fri Nov 27, 2009 7:16 pm

Encepheron wrote:Looks good! Will DL when I get home. Was wondering if anyone would do that and here it is; not only that but it adds an NPC :) I was thinking about a mod pack that would add all the available NPCs ( merchant & quest) and packing them together. Something like "Lively town mod pack" I love all the extra NPCs even if I don't always use them (like fish), it makes what was a deserted town seem more alive :)

Someone really should do that; it would make life a lot easier.
"I'm no hero. Never was, never will be. I'm just an old killer, hired to do some wet work." - Solid Snake.
Undeadgamer

Postby Lathlas » Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:33 pm

Undeadgamer wrote:
Encepheron wrote:Looks good! Will DL when I get home. Was wondering if anyone would do that and here it is; not only that but it adds an NPC :) I was thinking about a mod pack that would add all the available NPCs ( merchant & quest) and packing them together. Something like "Lively town mod pack" I love all the extra NPCs even if I don't always use them (like fish), it makes what was a deserted town seem more alive :)

Someone really should do that; it would make life a lot easier.

I almost did that here, but I figured I'd rather just link to them than repack them. That way I don't have to worry about keeping it up to date.

[MODS]
Merchant Pack
Potion Expansion
More Gem Types
Scroll Cast
Prism Equipment
Lathlas

Postby Torchlover » Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:45 pm

For some reason this mod makes my anya the gem merchant disappear :?
Torchlover

Postby runicPwnage » Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:58 pm

guys, Winston the elevator man from the "Shadow Vault Elevator" mod should also be mentioned:
http://www.runicgamesfansite.com/torchl ... s/node/232
runicPwnage

Postby Lathlas » Sat Nov 28, 2009 4:41 am

runicPwnage wrote:guys, Winston the elevator man from the "Shadow Vault Elevator" mod should also be mentioned:
http://www.runicgamesfansite.com/torchl ... s/node/232

Not really. This isn't a 'New NPC tweak' it's a Merchant tweak.

Technically this mod is just a new merchant (the fletcher), but it also contains a modified gem_merchant that removes a bunch of items from her inventory. I mention the other mods solely because they carry the items taken out of her inventory. Actually the FishMonger doesn't contain anything anyone else sells, but he's my mod so he gets the shout out. :mrgreen:

[MODS]
Merchant Pack
Potion Expansion
More Gem Types
Scroll Cast
Prism Equipment
Lathlas

Re: [MOD] Merchant Tweak

Postby Jupiah » Sat Nov 28, 2009 6:40 pm

I love you for making a Gun/Bow vendor. I play a ranged Vanquisher and she's now my favorite merchant. Bit odd that a 'Fletcher' would carry guns though! :lol:
Jupiah

Postby Lathlas » Sat Nov 28, 2009 7:41 pm

Jupiah wrote:I love you for making a Gun/Bow vendor. I play a ranged Vanquisher and she's now my favorite merchant. Bit odd that a 'Fletcher' would carry guns though! :lol:

I couldn't come up with anything more appropriate. I guess I could change her description to "Fletcher/Gunsmith"
Lathlas

Postby Jonaleth » Sat Nov 28, 2009 8:33 pm

"Ranger" sounds more generic (although it kinda says "separate CLASS" all over it :P) Anyway, as long as she does what she does, I've no probs with the name.

Thanks for the mod btw
Jonaleth

Postby BlastTyrant » Sun Nov 29, 2009 3:47 am

Lathlas wrote:I couldn't come up with anything more appropriate.

"Redneck" might work. Or "Hick". Of course, then you'd need to add a rusty pickup vendor and an Admiral Tobacco to the game...

On a serious note: Would it be possible to have an in-game option for the merchants to only spawn specific item types? I'd like to be able to click on the "chainmail only" button and have a selection of chain to choose from, rather than having to do the load > check > exit > repeat dance just to get a matching gearset every few levels.

EDIT: Also, since wands and staves are now more reliably found elsewhere, it might be worthwhile to remove them from the blacksmith's inventory.
BlastTyrant

Postby Lathlas » Sun Nov 29, 2009 5:06 am

BlastTyrant wrote:On a serious note: Would it be possible to have an in-game option for the merchants to only spawn specific item types? I'd like to be able to click on the "chainmail only" button and have a selection of chain to choose from, rather than having to do the load > check > exit > repeat dance just to get a matching gearset every few levels.

Nope. I'd have to go through every single possible item in the game and order them by hand for that. There's nothing about the mesh file used by equipment that is reflected in the type. And even if I did that, there'd be no way to add a button to sort them out. You'd have to make a seperate merchant for every mesh type.

BlastTyrant wrote:EDIT: Also, since wands and staves are now more reliably found elsewhere, it might be worthwhile to remove them from the blacksmith's inventory.

Um.... that's already part of this mod.

[MODS]
Merchant Pack
Potion Expansion
More Gem Types
Scroll Cast
Prism Equipment
Lathlas

Postby BlastTyrant » Sun Nov 29, 2009 9:04 am

Lathlas wrote:Nope. I'd have to go through every single possible item in the game and order them by hand for that.

I kinda figured.

Lathlas wrote:Um.... that's already part of this mod.

Heh. Yeah, I figured out after I posted that that I hadn't actually installed the mod yet (installed all the separate vendors first, then went in to make sure they were working correctly). I'll blame it on a poor night's sleep and an early morning (with no coffee). Yeah. That's it.
BlastTyrant

Postby Undeadgamer » Sun Nov 29, 2009 1:56 pm

I'm a little OCD, so the fact that the original gem seller, Triya, has the subtitle "gem seller" under her name, when she doesn't sell gems anymore kinda annoys me. Just mentioning that. But otherwise, a great mod that I am really liking.
"I'm no hero. Never was, never will be. I'm just an old killer, hired to do some wet work." - Solid Snake.
Undeadgamer

Postby Lathlas » Sun Nov 29, 2009 2:08 pm

Undeadgamer wrote:I'm a little OCD, so the fact that the original gem seller, Triya, has the subtitle "gem seller" under her name, when she doesn't sell gems anymore kinda annoys me. Just mentioning that. But otherwise, a great mod that I am really liking.

I can fix that. I'll change her to "trinket dealer". I agree BTW, now that you've pointed it out it annoys me too. (I think it's fair to say I'm a little OCD as well, I'd say this whole mod counts as proof of that.)

[MODS]
Merchant Pack
Potion Expansion
More Gem Types
Scroll Cast
Prism Equipment
Lathlas

Next

Return to Mod Showcase