Hosted at: TorchLit - Please register and leave feedback or comments. Your feedback is extremely important to us.
Closing in on initial release. Please check the host website @ torchlit.net
Why are we making this mod:
So far since the release of Torchlight, only small mods of items, pets, skins, and minor game play changes have been made. Sometimes these mods will be conflicting yet the player wants both to work. That is one reason. Another is that we still see there are many things that needs polish and improvement.
Ultimately the final destination is to polish the game in every way possible. However it is not a task for one buy a team. Therefore, this team will grow as will this mod. Finally, we hope to bring a more immersive story, more intensive game play, and more extensive items. Of course we will be making the game more balanced and in ways make the game play more smooth if possible.
Knowing that there are many modders out there, I suggestion that we start grouping similar ideas/implementations together and avoid repetition. This way we can have one better mod instead of many little nice mods
[Nov. 7, 2009] -
- Created this thread!
- Currently still waiting for the release of the editor while I am gathering ideas and learning the editor as much as I can.
- Learning how to use the editor with the provided download: LINK
- After having some initial comments, I will be deciding which one should be implemented and how. So please comment
[Nov. 8, 2009] -
- Added 4 discussion threads.
- Refined some of the details
- Found a 2D texture Artist for this mod!
[Nov. 10, 2009] -
- Came up with item categories and posted them. Thread
- Idea for enchant: only re-rolls already existing stats for items.
- TorchED is officially released! I am downloading it and so are my teammates. This project has begun!
- Major update on Item thread, this is where the mod will begin its changes.
[Nov. 12, 2009] -
- We decided to start working on items first by adding the 10 tiers.
- Ember Gods are being created this moment for Artifact Items.
- Looking for new team mates who can work on the skill balance side.
[Nov. 13, 2009] -
- New team members joined! (Lenor and ChilyEli)
- Skills will be extended to 20 levels
- Most Weapons are done adding 10 tiers, and Armors are half done.
- Getting a FTP site ready for TorchEX release!
[Nov. 14, 2009]
- New TorchEX logo and signitures!
- FTP Site is: http://www.torchlit.net (haven't uploaded anything yet)
- Still working on items (adding the 10 tiers) and skills (2/3 done).
- Team communication tools are getting in place.
- Hope to test this mod pack by next week with all the parts for each team member!
[Nov. 16, 2009]
- TorchEX hosted @ torchlit.net is alive! link
- Normal and Rare weapons are completed (added 10 teirs)
- 20 levels of skills for all classes and minor tweaks are added
- All Normal Armor are now 10 teirs
- Beginning working on Uniques.
[Nov. 17, 2009]
- First merge of items and weapons changes are complete.
- Awaiting skills and playable level changes to be merged
- Alpha in house test will be starting either today or tomorrow
Changes to the game:
- Added 10 tiers of item ranks.
- Added 20 skill levels for all characters.
- Added a central portal map that will be taking players to all sorts of new places in the future.
Coming soon ...
Copy the folder in: C:\Users\your user name\AppData\Roaming\runic games\torchlight\mods
If you can't find your folder, use this path: %appdata%\runic games\torchlight\mods\
type it in anywhere in on a folder
Coming soon ...
Discussions of future implementations:
- Increase the difference between difficulties and add in special bonus for hardcore players: Discussion
- Increase character development Discussion
- Balance skills/spells Discussion
- Balance itemsDiscussion
- Add new skills/spells
- Add new items