When we established the Runic Games forums, our goals were twofold: first, we want to stay connected with the people who make possible the things that we do; and second, we want to cultivate a fun and inclusive community of people who share a common interest.
Here are some thoughts we'd like to share with you about how we can maintain the health of our community:
- Don't get upset with people for not knowing things. When someone asks a question that has been asked or answered before, politely direct the questioner to whatever relevant thread or information answers their question.
- Don't try to be a moderator. If people make new threads that duplicate existing topics or resurrect dead threads, simply report them to us. We'll deal with merging topics or messaging people who consistently make duplicate threads.
- Don't forget to have fun.
By no means is this a complete list; however, we felt it would be important to spell out the types of behaviors we feel are inappropriate and, therefore, prohibited on our forums.
Denigrating individuals indirectly or directly through the use of slurs or insults - for any reason, including but not limited to the following:
- Sexual orientation
- Religious affiliation or lack thereof
- National origin
- Posting any written or linked content though forum posts or private messages for the purpose of insulting or harassing other forum members, Runic Employees or non-forum members.
- Implied or actual threats of illegal actions or violence against anyone, including members of the forums, Runic employees or self.
- Posting personal information about other members of the forums, Runic employees, or non-forum members without their knowledge or consent.
- Posting any written or linked content through posts, private messages, or your signature, which a reasonable person would consider to be obscene for reasons of excessive sexuality or violence.
- Excessive profanity, vulgarity through clear or masked language or content, which a reasonable person would consider to be objectionable.
- Providing instructions or links related to software piracy, including information about how to illegally obtain software.
- Posting links to malicious software.
- Posting any written or linked content through posts, private messages, or your signature that references the abuse of illegal drugs.
- Phishing for passwords or other account information.
- Passing yourself off as a Runic employee for any reason, including but not limited to the distribution of false or misleading information.
- Posting any written or linked content through posts, private messages, or your signature for the purpose of advertising content, products, or events. This does not include posts advertising your community contributions in the appropriate context, including but not limited to mods, fan art, etc.
- Contests may not be hosted on our official forums without explicit permission from us. Send a PM to BrianW for further assistance.
- Posting multiple meme-type images in thread responses. It’s okay to post meme images as your response, but please use the spoiler tag if this is something you plan on doing.
- Creating multiple threads on the same subject in the hopes of increasing the visibility of your point of view.
- Trolling is defined as creating posts for the sole purpose of causing a negative reaction on the forums. Picking fights or perpetuating fights is also considered trolling.
- Making off-topic posts in order to derail a topic.
- Abusing the ability to report posts.
- We'd rather not create a forum for item trading, so please don't create item trading topics here. Instead, post your item trading topics to http://www.reddit.com/r/torchlighttrade.
- As stated in the previous bullet, we don't believe our forums are an appropriate place for character services to be posted. Please take it somewhere else. Thanks!
- Item trading threads will be treated as spam and are, therefore, subject to deletion.
Please note that we reserve the right to amend these rules at any time without notice. Furthermore, we reserve the right to take appropriate action, including issuing warnings and bans, in cases where the rules are broken.
Updated by BrianW on Apr 24, 2013 at 3:09pm Pacific Time: Fixed dead link.