Character Builder

Hardcore Discussion :: Guild Discussion

Character Builder

Postby Groovylad » Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:14 am

Hi there,

I love character talent trees but what if we could create our own character types using a character editor? It hasnt really been done before and if skills were divided into tiers and perhaps have each skill weighed by a point system(so they cant choose only awesome skills to place in their talent tree's) it would make very interesting characters.

Regardless I know these guys are going to make an awesome game so what ever Runic Games does with Torchlight 2 they should know my money is on standby to buy it as soon as it comes out!
Groovylad

Re: Character Builder

Postby Atroxxx » Mon Aug 23, 2010 6:18 am

i believe runic already has something like this(and it'll be updated when T2 comes out), it's called TorchED...
Atroxxx

Postby hawkn » Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:40 pm

It should be easy enough to create a new class, or character, granted you may need some experience with certain things, such as 3d modeling, coding, etc.
...I most certainly am not the meanest person on these forums, I defer that position to hawkn. ~ AMB2010
Runic Games Fansite My Deviant
hawkn

Postby cybrim » Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:41 pm

It would be cool if runic could release things that they feel didn't "fit" in the game as "optional expanded material" for editing purposes!
I am just trying to be fair, if what I say hurts you, you probably need to seriously evaluate what I said, break it down and realize I am not trying to insult you, Just explain things you probably didn't realize.
cybrim

Return to Torchlight II General Discussion