Friday Update

Hardcore Discussion :: Guild Discussion

Re: Friday update just the comic announcement?

Postby Zidders » Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:36 pm

tolokoph wrote:ok, thought so Brixtan.

yeah i seen all that zidders.

So why did you make a separate thread?
Zidders

Re: Friday Update

Postby amb2010 » Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:38 pm

RizzRustbolt wrote:
jamesL wrote:when did they ever promise they were going to give updates every friday ?

The fans (us) promised for them.

And breaking a fan promise is almost as bad as breaking a Pinkie Promise.

;P

Eek! Flee Runic. You wouldn't want the wrath of self entitled spoiled brats would you!?!?

/releases pent up aggression
Disclaimer: Above berating does not apply to those with a brain (usually).
amb2010

Postby hawkn » Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:54 pm

*Really wishes Webbstre would let him borrow the Grammar Hammer*
...I most certainly am not the meanest person on these forums, I defer that position to hawkn. ~ AMB2010
Runic Games Fansite My Deviant
hawkn

Postby carrierx » Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:57 pm

amb2010 wrote:
RizzRustbolt wrote:
jamesL wrote:when did they ever promise they were going to give updates every friday ?

The fans (us) promised for them.

And breaking a fan promise is almost as bad as breaking a Pinkie Promise.

;P

Eek! Flee Runic. You wouldn't want the wrath of self entitled spoiled brats would you!?!?

/releases pent up aggression

I wouldn't go that far. At least here its not diabloCHAN.
I need to see Stanos
carrierx

Postby hawkn » Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:58 pm

Brixtan wrote:
Zidders wrote:
NavyPaul wrote:

:ugeek: Just for the conspiracy theorists: How likely is it that they are using the delay to implement certain security measures in the system, in order to be able to create content that the mod-community is not allowed to make? (thus being able to force us to pay for DLC exclusive content)

Oh, come on now. Really? I'd think if they were the kind of company to do that sort of thing, they wouldn't be letting us mod the game at all. If they do DLC, it will most likely involve more than just new art assets, it will more than likely involve new story and quest content. Sure, new art assets could just be modded in but story and quest content isn't so easy to mod in. It would be easier for people to just buy the DLC.

Personally, I prefer full expansions > DLC.

I personally don't think they're working on DLC. I think they're working on the main game itself. I just happen to think it's a huge game (remember, Torchlight took 11 months and wasn't fully fleshed out. Each act is about the size of Torchlight, only fully fleshed out. They've been working on it long enough for it to be what it is going to be-a full size AAA game (for $20!!!). If they do DLC, it will be later, after the game comes out and once most of the bugfixing is done or at least most of it is finished and they're in a spot where they can decide where they want to go next.

Remember that while Perfect World is letting them do what they please (at least for the moment) they still have a contract to do the MMO (at least, as far as we know) so don't count your chickens before they hatch (and the implication that they're coding in security features is silly considering they've been doing their best to use as little DRM as possible. I mean, really, you guys have been around long enough you should know these people better by now. Forcing us to pay for DLC? ....Really? Sheesh.)

I have to agree with Roo here - Runic is not one to stoop so low as to do this. I think any DLC (or expansion, or however you want to describe it) will likely include, above all else, a 5th character class with a brand new mesh/model. That's not something that (most) modders would be able to do, nor do as nicely bad-ass as Runic could. For that, I'd gladly shell out extra $$$ for it. We'd probably also get a few additional skills/abilities for the 4 original classes hard-coded into their trees as well. New campaign act, probably even private server support to serve as a bridge in developing their technology between TL2 and the future MMO.

Take off the tinfoil hats! :lol:

Well, all they really would likely add are some new weapon/armor models, and a new class with new skins/animations. However, all of the classes in the game currently use the same male/female body model/mesh.
...I most certainly am not the meanest person on these forums, I defer that position to hawkn. ~ AMB2010
hawkn

Postby tolokoph » Sat Mar 03, 2012 2:22 pm

Zidders wrote:
tolokoph wrote:ok, thought so Brixtan.

yeah i seen all that zidders.

So why did you make a separate thread?

cause i felt like it, and to irritate you i guess, why?
tolokoph

Postby hawkn » Sat Mar 03, 2012 2:52 pm

I bet you have loads of friends in real life.
hawkn

Postby Zidders » Sat Mar 03, 2012 2:54 pm

ok, ok, let's not feed the trolls. Reported the thread and asked to have it merged. From now on, please try using search or checking the recent active topics in order to avoid needless repeat threads in order to make Runics job a bit easier? It's the least all of us can do in exchange for them making us a really awesome game for really cheap.
Zidders

Postby Zidders » Sat Mar 03, 2012 3:05 pm

RizzRustbolt wrote: breaking a fan promise is almost as bad as breaking a Pinkie Promise.

Cross your heart and hope to fly, stick a cupcake in your eye?
Spoiler: show
ImageImage
Zidders

Postby cheeseheads » Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:41 pm

gosh looks like i missed out on all the fun. This post had it all. Grammar police, hall monitors and trolls. Keep it up, loved it!!!
cheeseheads

Previous

Return to Torchlight II General Discussion