Can't connect to same game as a friend

Hardcore Discussion :: Guild Discussion

Can't connect to same game as a friend

Postby Urosh92 » Tue May 22, 2012 1:41 pm

I can't connect to same game in which is my friend and vice versa...It says Connecting to host...then it comes to Connecting to peers and then Connection failed...same happen if he host game but fail after Connecting to host :cry:
Urosh92

Re: Can't connect to same game as a friend

Postby Urosh92 » Tue May 22, 2012 3:26 pm

Any suggestion?
Urosh92

Postby Urosh92 » Thu May 24, 2012 5:20 am

I can't believe that you guys couldn't give me answer how to fix it for 2 days...so bad customer support;/
Urosh92

Postby mibuwolf » Thu May 24, 2012 6:14 am

Urosh92 wrote:I can't believe that you guys couldn't give me answer how to fix it for 2 days...so bad customer support;/

You submitted a ticket with 0 answer? or did you hope to find a answer here on the forum? Big difference there buddy. Did you guys ever make sure firewalls were down to take out the possibility or firewall creating the issue?
mibuwolf

Postby Zidders » Thu May 24, 2012 6:22 am

Op, remember that this is beta, the game may not work, you may have issues connecting. It would help if you gave us your system information as well as explained to us exactly how you were trying to connect. Are you in separate locations, or are you sharing the same internet? What sort of firewall do you have? etc. Also, you're not the only one in the beta, there are thousands of people in the beta and almost 100 beta threads in the beta forum.

What you should do is go to your Runic Games account, select your account tracking page and then link your forum account with your Runic account. This will give you access to the beta forums which will mean that it's far more likely they catch your post, seeing as all their efforts atm are on collecting beta feedback.

Most of all, please understand that they're very busy and all us beta testers need to be patient and polite. When you finally tie your forum account with your Runic account, simply report your own post (the first post in this thread. You can report it by pressing the '!' button) and ask that it be moved here viewforum.php?f=38
Last edited by Zidders on Thu May 24, 2012 6:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zidders

Postby jamesL » Thu May 24, 2012 6:22 am

Urosh92 wrote:I can't believe that you guys couldn't give me answer how to fix it for 2 days...so bad customer support;/

I can't believe you posted in the General Discussion forum instead of the Beta forum (where the devs have already posted various solutions to the exact same problem..so excellent customer support)
I don't have a sig
jamesL

Postby Urosh92 » Thu May 24, 2012 6:45 am

jamesL wrote:

I can't believe you posted in the General Discussion forum instead of the Beta forum (where the devs have already posted various solutions to the exact same problem..so excellent customer support)

First,I posted this on viewforum.php?f=24 but probably some of moderators moved it(don't know why,its not general discussion I needed support)
Second,I don't see beta forums.

Zidders wrote:Op, remember that this is beta, the game may not work, you may have issues connecting. It would help if you gave us your system information as well as explained to us exactly how you were trying to connect. Are you in separate locations, or are you sharing the same internet? What sort of firewall do you have? etc. Also, you're not the only one in the beta, there are thousands of people in the beta and almost 100 beta threads in the beta forum.

What you should do is go to your Runic Games account, select your account tracking page and then link your forum account with your Runic account. This will give you access to the beta forums which will mean that it's far more likely they catch your post, seeing as all their efforts atm are on collecting beta feedback.

Most of all, please understand that they're very busy and all us beta testers need to be patient and polite. When you finally tie your forum account with your Runic account, simply report your own post (the first post in this thread. You can report it by pressing the '!' button) and ask that it be moved here viewforum.php?f=38

I know very well that this is beta and I don't expect BETA to work but I expect fast support for those who have problems...Friend is at his home(10 miles away from me).We can't connect to SAME SERVER it doesn't matter who is the host. If he join game I can't,if I join-he can't...
Urosh92

Postby UncleJim » Thu May 24, 2012 7:01 am

Make sure you and your friend are playing the same version. T2 will not connect if you are not. Just make sure you are starting the game with tl2.beta.launcher.exe not torchlight2.exe. Make it quick the beta is ending soon.
UncleJim

Postby Urosh92 » Thu May 24, 2012 7:50 am

We are playing same version,we just can't play together on same server:(
I believe I will solve what is problem until next beta weekend;/

P.S. Our firewalls are OFF..
Urosh92

Postby mibuwolf » Thu May 24, 2012 8:54 am

Urosh92 wrote:We are playing same version,we just can't play together on same server:(
I believe I will solve what is problem until next beta weekend;/

P.S. Our firewalls are OFF..

What? Beta is over. Done. You'll see the game again when it releases this summer.

Also, a little google'ing found this:

justinian wrote:If you're behind a firewall that blocks outgoing traffic by default, it will take a little work to get the game working properly, since due to the nature of NAT-punching, the ports you connect to other people on will always be different. To connect to the authentication/lobby server, you'll need to allow outbound traffic on 4549/tcp and 4175/udp. To connect to other people's games, you'll need to allow all outgoing udp traffic, and allow incoming packets in response to outgoing packets. (Simple firewalls might not have this option, in which case we can set your local udp port to a fixed port, and then you can just allow traffic to/from this local port. But that's a less optimal solution for other reasons. Shoot us an email at tl2beta@runicgames.com if this turns out to be an option we need to look into.)

btw. Support ticket is better than a forum response. A response during the beta would be highly unlikely due to all the flood of emails they would/should be getting, but by release I would expect your problem to be either solved or handled properly. For the moment being don't be upset about the issue.
Last edited by mibuwolf on Thu May 24, 2012 8:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
mibuwolf

Postby Zidders » Thu May 24, 2012 8:57 am

The fact is, having issues come up and reporting them is the whole point. You may not get to play the beta with your friend. That doesn't matter, the point is to report your system info and give them as much info as possible. You can also see from the link Jamesl posted that they're working on it.
Zidders

Postby AshyRaccoon » Thu May 24, 2012 5:38 pm

Urosh92 wrote:First,I posted this on viewforum.php?f=24 but probably some of moderators moved it(don't know why,its not general discussion I needed support)
Second,I don't see beta forums.

That forum section is for Torchlight 1.
To see the beta forum sections, you need to link your Runic and forum accounts. There were/are instructions in one of the sticky topics.
It seems they are still taking bug reports in the beta forum: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=21846 tells how to link your accounts
AshyRaccoon

Return to Torchlight II General Discussion