TL2 Loot system

Hardcore Discussion :: Guild Discussion

TL2 Loot system

Postby oledanhan » Mon May 28, 2012 8:19 am

Does TL2 have some loot that drops the same way as monster infrequents in TQ? I actually enjoy farming a specific set of mobs sometimes as opposed to just doing runs of the game. And what type of enchantments on magic gear have you seen that you thought was cool and original?

Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't the only "monster infrequent" in TL1 Ordrak's Wingblade?
oledanhan

Re: TL2 Loot system

Postby CrashFu » Mon May 28, 2012 8:29 am

Hmmm.. I've definitely seen specific gems or uniques that only drop from certain elites or bosses. Some of them, it's something they always drop, but for others it's something you might or might not get.

As for cool enchantments, there's a pretty wide range. My favorite are probably "Augment" items. When you find them they have a few particular enchantments and something that says to kill like 50 Zombies/Spiders/Goblins/whatever, and when you finish doing that they gain a few extra enchants, often including chances of certain spell effects on hit, like 10% chace to cast Web, for the spider augment.
The simultaneous use of a 1-hand melee weapon and a 1-hand ranged weapon shall henceforth be known as "Swashbuckling";
It needed a really cool name to make up for the fact that nobody likes to do it.
CrashFu

Postby Ronnie55 » Mon May 28, 2012 8:31 am

not sure of some of the abbreviations and games you're referring to.. but I think it's just random drops.

So it's not like "this particular boss has a chance to drop these 3 items". More like diablo where everything has a small chance to drop.

although I could be wrong. I remember a boss in beta of TL2 that always seemed to drop a bone helmet or something? Prety sure I got it on my mage and engineer. it was a skull helmet with horns
Ronnie55

Postby Waffletime » Mon May 28, 2012 8:33 am

Ronnie55 wrote:not sure of some of the abbreviations and games you're referring to.. but I think it's just random drops.

So it's not like "this particular boss has a chance to drop these 3 items". More like diablo where everything has a small chance to drop.

although I could be wrong. I remember a boss in beta of TL2 that always seemed to drop a bone helmet or something? Prety sure I got it on my mage and engineer. it was a skull helmet with horns

That'd be General Grell's Doomhelm.
Waffletime

Return to Torchlight II General Discussion