1: What is the new target release date.
2: When will the mod kit (originally advertised as shipping with the game) be available
3: Will mods still be clunky in terms of loading conflicts, especially new class replacement mods.
4: Hardware requirements.
5: DLC/Expack release schedule, if any.
6: Will it feature controller support.
7: Will it ship with a server client, how will that be handled specifically.
1. The target release date is still 'summer'.
2. The mod kit will be released after the game is released. This will be partially dependent on if the scale of post-release support and any problems or patches that we have to jump on. Probably a couple of weeks at least. It is likely that we will release some assets in advance of that so that people can get a head start.
3. The aim is for mods to be smoother to use - for it to work in multiplayer, they have to be more flexibly enabled/disabled.
4. Hardware requirements are still low, but higher than Torchlight 1. We do not have a 'netbook mode', but it should still run fine on most PCs. We've introduced more controls to make it more scalable ( you can now disable specific types of particles, for instance ). Expect requirements to be a little higher when playing with other people, due to the increased number of units onscreen.
5. We have no plans for an expansion or DLC at this time. However, we are tentatively planning to do free releases of stuff after launch. ( Not expansion-pack level stuff - but a new pet, or some new items, or spells, or what have you, depending on demand, reception of the game, and our exhaustion level. )
6. It will not feature controller support. The UI needs are totally different and require a completely different setup. ( We know, because we had to do it for Torchlight and it was an enormous amount of work )
7. No stanadlone server will ship with the game. We have discussed and are interested in releasing a standalone server mode, but this will not occur at launch, and we haven't committed to doing so yet.