Endgame, level 100?

Hardcore Discussion :: Guild Discussion

Endgame, level 100?

Postby freakshow0 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:41 pm

Anyone know what there will be to do once this level is reached? Im guessing more loot and of higher value. just curious. I know i will play this longer than i did torchlight 1 but im woding what there is to keep me playing after level 100 is reached. if not then i guess il just make other characters.
freakshow0

Re: Endgame, level 100?

Postby WihteSparrow » Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:50 pm

I'm sure people will be all over making good PvP arena mods. Not to mention mods in general....not to alter vanilla gameplay...but to add cool content and the like. (I hate that unique drop rates x 982346189374891274912874 crap) Just keep in mind this isn't an mmo so a persistent end-game isn't going to happen. :P Just a reminder. Not sure other than those things...there isn't much end game to be had in these types of games other than build optimization through loot. It's simply the nature of the beast. :)
WihteSparrow

Postby generalfluff » Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:57 pm

Once you do hit level 100, there's still New Game + + +
I may have added an extra plus, or forgot one. Still a long gaming experience either way. You keep everything you have (levels, gear, and all that) and continue a new game with better loot to drop and tougher mobs to kill. We also have random map scrolls, with item affixes, that drop specialized gear that may be difficult to get anywhere else. And of course, the modding.

All I know is, once I hit 100, it's hunting Legendaries for me.
generalfluff

Postby GaretJax » Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:59 pm

Can you remove the level cap through a mod?
GaretJax

Postby BlondeKnight » Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:00 pm

Legendary items...gotta collect them all! :mrgreen:
Currently playing: Civilization: Gods & Kings, Crusader King's II
BlondeKnight

Postby Zavoka » Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:01 pm

Well said, ^
Zavoka

Postby Arlian » Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:02 pm

GaretJax wrote:Can you remove the level cap through a mod?

Yes, though I would recommend also advancing the content to scale with it.
Making a to-do list is on my to-do list.
Arlian

Postby generalfluff » Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:02 pm

It's very much doable that you can remove the level cap.

I can easily recall mods in Torchlight 1, that generated higher leveled item-sets, and allowed you to bypass the level experience and fame limits. I wouldn't recommend it, as there would be no real build, if you maxed everything. It can be done though.
Last edited by generalfluff on Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
generalfluff

Postby simpleforce » Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:02 pm

Also, New character.
Also, MF.
Also, PVP.
Also, Mods.
Last edited by simpleforce on Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
simpleforce

Postby freakshow0 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:07 pm

well most of what is stated works for me XD, thanks guys
freakshow0

Postby generalfluff » Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:12 pm

Good for you then.
I still recommend hunting those legendaries though.

This I swear, I will not rest until everything I'm wearing on my character has a dark red name on it, so help me the gods of Vilderan.
generalfluff

Postby tsuelue » Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:21 pm

Endgame shmendgame. Games used to end, in the olden days, what was so wrong about that? :roll:

simpleforce wrote:Theres no limit to New Game plus's, that was confirmed by a dev on the stream chat.

Also, New character.
Also, MF.
Also, PVP.
Also, Mods.

This, i guess.

I´d say the game ends when you can´t think of a way to get some fun out it, no matter how hard you try. ;)
tsuelue

Postby FalconHeart » Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:51 pm

I remember the devs saying that getting to level 100 in TL2 will take about as long as getting to level 99 in Diablo. (Correct me if I'm wrong.) So way to go, before you can start worrying about the endgame after level 100.
"I didn't want to kill all those monsters, believe me! But the way they looked at me with their pleading eyes-I really had no choice!"
FalconHeart

Postby adamperin » Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:59 pm

Just want to clarify, there is only ng up to ng++++. The character hits max level at 100. In Ng++++ the monsters continue to level up to level 120 while your character stays at 100. Also after you beat the initial game campaign you unlock a maproom where you can buy and run maps with strange affixes to help you level up. Affixes, for example, can be things like all monsters teleport, or all monsters explode on death.
adamperin
Runic Staff

Postby Marsh » Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:05 pm

freakshow0 wrote:Anyone know what there will be to do once this level is reached? Im guessing more loot and of higher value. just curious. I know i will play this longer than i did torchlight 1 but im woding what there is to keep me playing after level 100 is reached. if not then i guess il just make other characters.

so we only have a hundred player levels. We also have unique gear to 100. Once you beat the game at level hundred; you can decide to play the game again. New game plus re-rolls the world so you can start hunting down more loot. OR you can run random maps; fighting bosses and collecting more unique/legendary items. OR you can do BOTH! Reroll the world but at the same time have access to the map room to run levels. ( believe me in veteran and elite you will need to ).

Also we do have a limit to new game plus - it's 4. With that said the monsters continue to level up. How high can you go is the real question!
Marsh
Runic Staff

Postby Cornflake » Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:07 pm

adamperin wrote:Just want to clarify, there is only ng up to ng++++. The character hits max level at 100. In Ng++++ the monsters continue to level up to level 120 while your character stays at 100. Also after you beat the initial game campaign you unlock a maproom where you can buy and run maps with strange affixes to help you level up. Affixes, for example, can be things like all monsters teleport, or all monsters explode on death.

now we just need a mod to set these to always active and not bound to specific maps. it's likely robots will take over the world before i finish ng++++ on elite hc.
Cornflake

Postby simmokiwi » Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:10 pm

then we will have all the endgame mods :mrgreen:
simmokiwi

Postby MightyBoognish » Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:14 pm

Are we forgetting class mods?!!??!?! With a huuuuuuuge player base in comparison to TL1 and easier modding tools, there should be some pretty awesome classes popping up. So many possibilities. So many different ways to go about character design other than direct damage and AoE skills. A character that steals enemy powers or possesses enemies would be really cool. Some high speed, glass-cannon only type chars would as well (think SmashTV in 3D, with TL monsters!!!). Some mage/thief type illusion/backstab/CC mix would be awesome.

Other than original classes, which could yield some awesome results, some of the cool possibilities for borrowed/adapted classes I can think of:
-updated versions of D2 classes. Assassin, paladin, and necromancer would be nice as there are no directly comparable classes in TL2 right now.
-adapted versions of D&D classes. Ranger, Druid, Cleric would suit this nicely and add some interesting new builds.
-adapted versions of Street Fighter or (insert favorite fighter here) characters as a "class". We already have a "super" bar in the UI.
-a Kirby-type character that eats enemies and absorbs their powers.
-you get the point. Some other game universes' characters would lend themselves well to this.

As a related side note/question: Does anyone know if dude is going to finish the Decimator Robot? Is he on these forums? Last time I heard about that project was 2010.
MightyBoognish

Postby Marsh » Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:16 pm

MightyBoognish wrote:Are we forgetting class mods?!!??!?! With a huuuuuuuge player base in comparison to TL1 and easier modding tools, there should be some pretty awesome classes popping up. So many possibilities. So many different ways to go about character design other than direct damage and AoE skills. A character that steals enemy powers or possesses enemies would be really cool. Some high speed, glass-cannon only type chars would as well (think SmashTV in 3D, with TL monsters!!!). Some mage/thief type illusion/backstab/CC mix would be awesome.

Other than original classes, which could yield some awesome results, some of the cool possibilities for borrowed/adapted classes I can think of:
-updated versions of D2 classes. Assassin, paladin, and necromancer would be nice as there are no directly comparable classes in TL2 right now.
-adapted versions of D&D classes. Ranger, Druid, Cleric would suit this nicely and add some interesting new builds.
-adapted versions of Street Fighter or (insert favorite fighter here) characters as a "class". We already have a "super" bar in the UI.
-a Kirby-type character that eats enemies and absorbs their powers.
-you get the point. Some other game universes' characters would lend themselves well to this.

As a related side note/question: Does anyone know if dude is going to finish the Decimator Robot? Is he on these forums? Last time I heard about that project was 2010.

it's a really small thing but when you add new classes to TL2, the UI automatically just adds them and reflows. Before you had to change all the UI to support a new class.

Anyways I'm really excited about new classes for TL2.
Marsh
Runic Staff

Postby MightyBoognish » Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:21 pm

Oh, can we make Zidders a playable class too? An anthropomorphic kangaroo with a monocle and awesome CC abilities (At least on the forum; he's one of the only people on here who doesn't cave to flaming and trolls).
MightyBoognish

Next

Return to Torchlight II General Discussion