TL2 Console commands

Hardcore Discussion :: Guild Discussion

TL2 Console commands

Postby deoxys » Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:26 pm

Link to TL2 console commands : http://pastebin.com/0hThmpzJ

I did not test them out so experiment with caution preferably on a char you dont care about.

dont know if it was already posted somewhere but I thought it could be cool to share results of our experiments with the commands

for example :
"setdifficulty 2" will put you in veteran difficulty. 0 to 3. dont know if NG is 4.
"resetskills" will reset all your skill tree plus reset your skills points available to 0
Last edited by deoxys on Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
deoxys

Re: TL2 Console commands

Postby adamperin » Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:30 pm

just a note... most of these will mark you as a suspicious player to other users.
adamperin
Runic Staff

Postby deoxys » Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:40 pm

adamperin wrote:just a note... most of these will mark you as a suspicious player to other users.

thanks for pointing this out. didnt know that.

I tested some of those on a mule.
deoxys

Postby UncleJim » Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:43 pm

deoxys wrote:
adamperin wrote:just a note... most of these will mark you as a suspicious player to other users.

Yea you join a game with a toon you do that with and a ! will show up in chat. you wont see it but everybody else will.
UncleJim

Postby Valtyr » Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:26 pm

Is this a Runic Account wide flag or only for that character? I'd like to play around with some of them on a throw-away alt just to see what they do, but I don't want to flag my main.

Also, I didn't see it listed, but does anyone know if there is a way to cap fps?
Valtyr

Postby Bloom » Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:43 am

surely the FPS command wouldn't? I want a better way to measure performance because fraps uses too much memory and it feels like the game runs better without it
Bloom

Postby voldoman » Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:47 am

UncleJim wrote:
deoxys wrote:

Yea you join a game with a toon you do that with and a ! will show up in chat. you wont see it but everybody else will.

It doesn't show up in chat, it shows up on the name over your player.
voldoman

Postby ItsGopher » Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:48 am

<3 :D
ItsGopher

Postby omgitsbees » Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:30 am

I'm a suspicious player whether I cheat or not. :twisted:
omgitsbees

Postby Nomos » Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:13 am

Will changing the difficulty (set difficulty=...) mark my char as cheated?
Nomos

Postby ledhead900 » Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:51 am

Valtyr wrote:

Also, I didn't see it listed, but does anyone know if there is a way to cap fps?

\Documents\my games\Runic Games\Torchlight 2\local_settings.txt

Set to desired amount
MAX_FPS :200
MAX_RENDER_FPS :200

Not even sure if you need the last value or not set but I set mine both to 250. That whole settings file actually contains some pretty interesting settings which I have been playing around with including Field of View but that does not do as much as I hoped it would. Though you can fine tune just about anything gfx wise from that settings config.

Nomos wrote:Will changing the difficulty (set difficulty=...) mark my char as cheated?

Nope I tested this one myself and back again works fine.

You don't happen to be affiliated with the developers do you?, Just curious because I would like to get hold a full list of which ones will and will not mark you and exactly how would you remove the marking on your account. It is worth mentioning at this time would you be able to inform or find out if there any launch attributes for a batch script or from the steam launch parameters for Torchlight 2 that can be used as I would like to start the game with CAMERADISTANCE 1.5 That is probably the best view distance imo.

Also is there any word about the editor coming soon at all? and I also noticed that unpacking the DATA.PAK file and re packing it with zero compression sufficiently improves performance because the game does not have to decompress the data to load it which removes all the stuttering issue some of us have even though our systems are well beyond the requirements.
Last edited by ledhead900 on Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
ledhead900

Postby deoxys » Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:01 am

Valtyr wrote:

Is this a Runic Account wide flag or only for that character? I'd like to play around with some of them on a throw-away alt just to see what they do, but I don't want to flag my main.

Not an account wide flag I believe. Only the char that you consoled with.

Wouldnt really make sense to do it account wide and flag your legit chars as well.
deoxys

Postby Talamak » Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:30 pm

deoxys wrote:Not an account wide flag I believe. Only the char that you consoled with.

Wouldnt really make sense to do it account wide and flag your legit chars as well.

Yeah, but still would like to know before playing with them :? .
Talamak

Postby firethetorch » Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:32 pm

I read it also locks you out of the shared stash, which might explain why some people are having their stashes "disappear"
Everyone assumes necromancers are upstanding citizens until one kills their sister and then marries her.
firethetorch

Postby gold163 » Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:34 pm

firethetorch wrote:I read it also locks you out of the shared stash, which might explain why some people are having their stashes "disappear"

I have heard this is incorrect; I believe this is how it worked in TL1 but I have seen just as much testimony that it does NOT work this way in TL2. I do not know for sure.

Good to hear that the difficulty change doesn't affect cheater status; I accidentally started a character on Normal and I wanted Vet.
gold163

Postby Talamak » Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:41 pm

firethetorch wrote:I read it also locks you out of the shared stash, which might explain why some people are having their stashes "disappear"

Doesn't work that way, tried and no problems with shared stash ;) .

Also, found the answer:

adamperin wrote:Its only for that character, not the account

Good to go now for me :D .
Talamak

Postby Nomos » Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:38 pm

That is interesting. This would mean that I can create kind of a test character, give him max level and test different builts. This would not mark my other chars as suspicious and gives me the chance to REALLY play with test builts. Correct?
Nomos

Postby Talamak » Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:46 pm

Nomos wrote:That is interesting. This would mean that I can create kind of a test character, give him max level and test different builts. This would not mark my other chars as suspicious and gives me the chance to REALLY play with test builts. Correct?

Correct. ;)
Talamak

Postby ledhead900 » Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:50 pm

Nomos wrote:That is interesting. This would mean that I can create kind of a test character, give him max level and test different builts. This would not mark my other chars as suspicious and gives me the chance to REALLY play with test builds. Correct?

Actually I can confirm that you will not be marked permanently for that character if you use any of the following.

Level and Stats
RESETSTATS : Resets the player’s stat points. - This currently is not working it will EAT your points and not return them.
RESETSKILLS : Resets the player’s skills.
RESETPLAYER : Resets player’s stats, skills, and level. This one will reset your Fame as well so watch out!
LEVELUP : Gain XP to level up - I use this after I use Reset Player.
FAME ### : Gives you fame points set to “###”- I use this after I use Reset Player.

MISC
CAMERADISTANCE ### : The ### the camera will be from the player.
SETDIFFICULTY ### : Sets the current difficulty, values range from (0) Easy to (3) Very Hard

Conclusion
I only had a ! appear once and never again I logged out logged back in and it was gone, Also I could still use my shared stash and I could join non modified servers, My server was not marked, and my fame was not set to cheater.

Appears you can wipe the slate completely clean and use these in moderation however using the just RESETSKILLS will work for most of you and is probably the safest thing to use if you just want to mess with the skills and not re allocate everything as well as set your fame back to where it was last at.
Last edited by ledhead900 on Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
ledhead900

Postby Talamak » Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:04 am

Nice info ledhead900, thank you!
Talamak

Next

Return to Torchlight II General Discussion