Trill-Bot 4000 Mini-FAQ (Robot parts). Spoilers inside

Forum for discussing Torchlight II.

Trill-Bot 4000 Mini-FAQ (Robot parts). Spoilers inside

Postby deathoxy » Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:21 pm

Some of you actually wondered, what those `robot parts` quest was and what was it about. Ok, here we go.

During your adventuring, in certain dungeons you would find parts of robot (which is actually Trill-Bot 4000). Finding first one of them gives you the quest `Robot Parts`.
Dungeons are:
Widow's Veil (Act1). The one with giant spider as a boss. To Open a passage you'll need to light all the braziers scattered around the level. You'll get Robotic Drum.
Tower of the Moon (Act2). There are brass gongs, you need to hit each one of them with weapon. You'll get Robotic Arm.
Blood Hive (Act2). Level with lots of Skaras. On the last level of the dungeon, where the boss is, smash all the roach eggs. You'll get Robotic Pipes.
Abandoned Sawmill (Act3). The one with werewolves. On the level there are 4-5 skeletons pinned by knifes and axes to trees and walls. You'll have to free them. Robotic Body this time.
Cacklespit's realm (Act3). This is a tricky one. To get there you'll need to go through a questline, that is triggered by finding a bell in the marshlands, and placing it in its proper location. Eventually you'll get to Cacklespit's Realm, and there you'll need to destroy all the tree stumps on the level.

After gathering all the parts of robot, it can be assembled by Professor Stoker (the archaeologist) in the 2nd act town hub. For me it happened after i brought him Power Source after completing EmberForge.
Voila - now you have your own mechanical bard at your disposal. He would be still, erhm, damaged, though.
In my playthrough he almost at once gave me a quest `3 sisters` to find and kill the incarnations of Marishka, Verona and Aleera in the newly opened dungeon. No other quests yet (i'm level 50, game not completed yet).
deathoxy

Re: Trill-Bot 4000 Mini-FAQ (Robot parts). Spoilers inside

Postby Marsh » Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:24 pm

took 2 days. We were hoping for a week. :) Good job.
Marsh
Runic Staff

Postby deathoxy » Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:31 pm

Marsh, if i was the first to figure it out, would i get a postcard for that? :P
deathoxy

Postby Veraliar » Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:34 pm

Thanks!
Veraliar

Postby PatrickB » Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:40 pm

Ahhh.. you guys are too fast!
PatrickB
Runic Staff

Postby easyjackson » Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:47 pm

Wow, good work, Congrats
You need really a real life.
easyjackson

Postby Rillet » Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:53 pm

easyjackson wrote:Wow, good work, Congrats
You need really a real life.

You need really an English class? Try and be civil in the forums please. No need to BM.

(Now to go and create my Trill-Bot 4000 :twisted: )
Rillet

Postby Cody900 » Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:02 pm

Just to add a bit of clarification:

Blood Hive: There is only 1 floor. All the way to the east in the last area of the cave, there's a mob blocking the path. Destroy the eggs near him to bring him up, and then follow the path through and destroy the eggs at the end to get it to show up. The area is called Brood Hive, not Blood Hive.
Sawmill: There's 4 skeletons.
Cacklespit: The path to the part is just to the right of the teleporter that takes you to the boss fight, annoying to spot that one.

To hand in the quest, you must have finished the Enter the Emberworks questline and gotten the power source, and opened the gate in the camp. Basically you need to have finished act 3 and have act 4 open to you to hand the parts in.
Last edited by Cody900 on Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cody900

Postby omgitskae » Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:45 pm

I went through Act 2 and I remember smashing the eggs for the pipes but apparently I forgot to loot the robot part. Now, I'm running all through act 2 trying to find the place again because it's the last piece I need but I can't find the dungeon again. Does anyone know where it spawns?

e: Found it, for anyone else looking it's the northwest corner of the Salt Barrens map inside Swarm Point.
Last edited by omgitskae on Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
omgitskae

Postby Cody900 » Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:53 pm

I'm pretty sure its all the way north of Salt Barrens.

EDIT: Yeah it is. Here it is on my map from the waypoint: http://i.imgur.com/I3M7C.jpg Keep running west from the entrance to Swarm Point and you'll hit Brood Hive.
Cody900

Postby Ri0Rdian » Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:21 pm

Damn, I was hoping for an optional robo-pet :(
Ri0Rdian

Postby Cross133 » Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:38 pm

Sorry to burst your bubble but I have finished it, edited the video, uploaded it and posted it here in the forums 5 hours before you do. XD
Sorry but I'll be having the postcard. XD

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=35072&p=318400&hilit=robot+parts#p318400

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pyOXfhbi7_I
Cross133

Postby jollygood319 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:45 am

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=35172&p=318987&hilit=robot+part#p318987

Actually as you can see a buddy of mine posted a thread on this before anyone else after his HC Elite playthrough : Nice find still just saying he was the first.
jollygood319

Postby bossonova » Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:27 pm

Just to let you know that in tower of the moon to hit the gongs u need a weapon other than a wand. I am an embermage and i had to use my secondary staff to hit the gongs.
bossonova

Postby Yngwieismygod » Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:35 pm

So Um... I did the cacklespit quest, then he just vanished no portal or anything. So how do I get to the cacklespits realm?
Yngwieismygod

Postby Huayra » Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:52 am

WHERE IS DIS CACLESPIT PLS, CANT FIND WITH MY MATE, SORRY FOR MY CAPS, IM RUSSIAN RETARD :D
Spoiler: show
SMTH WRONG WITH CAPS LOCK BOTTON :(
Huayra

Postby Palpek » Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:23 am

I wrote a detailed full guide with major locations and instructions because the OP is hard to follow when you don't know where those dungeons are and some things are outright wrong:

Key to reading the guide:
Part Number - Part Name - Act Number - Main Location Name - Dungeon Name - instructions

1st part - Robotic Drum - Act 1 - Crow's Pass - Widow's Veil - light all the brazziers, a gate will open somewhere in the area (it's random, go look for it)
2nd part - Robotic Arm - Act 2 - Ossean Wastes - Tower of the Moon - after clearing the room hit all the gongs, a gate will open at the back of the room
3rd part - Robotic Pipes - Act 2 - Salt Barrens - Swarm Point - Brood Hive - smash a group of eggs at the back of the boss room - a wall will open, there the biggest egg contains the part
4th part - Robotic Body - Act 3 - The Blightbogs - Abandoned Sawmill - free 4 skeletons pinned by weapons, a gate will open somewhere in the area (it's random, go look for it)
5th part - Robotic Head - Act 3 - Sundered Battlefield - Cacklespit's Realm - find Fade the owner of a ghost carriage and finish his quest, he'll take you to the Cacklespit's Realm, there before you teleport to the boss destroy all tree trunks and a secret path will open to a small island somewhere in the area (it's random, go look for it)

Only after Proffessor Stoker opens the passage to The Broken Mines (you basically have to have Act 4 open) in the main questline in Act 3 hub you will be able to give him the parts to assemble them together and start a new quest. Good luck!
Palpek

Postby antarek » Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:36 am

I wanted to complet this quest after finishing the game and now that i ve beaten the last boss and wanted to work on this quest, i can't find the Tower of the Moon at the Ossean Wastes. Is it supposed to be marked on your map ? Because on mine, after revealing it, i had a couple of dungon locations indicated but not the Tower of the Moon.
antarek

Postby Ri0Rdian » Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:06 am

antarek wrote:I wanted to complet this quest after finishing the game and now that i ve beaten the last boss and wanted to work on this quest, i can't find the Tower of the Moon at the Ossean Wastes. Is it supposed to be marked on your map ? Because on mine, after revealing it, i had a couple of dungon locations indicated but not the Tower of the Moon.

Tower of the Moon is a normal dungeon, in my all acts2 there was another dungeon right next to it (can't remember the name). It's just a huge room with a champion in the middle and some trash, it's even part of a quest (I believe the zeraphi you have to free sends you there). Ossean Wastes has... I believe 5 dungeons, the main story one with artificer, one where you recharge some gem, one with mantichore and than those two I mentioned earlier.
Ri0Rdian

Postby Seer » Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:09 am

Yngwieismygod wrote:So Um... I did the cacklespit quest, then he just vanished no portal or anything. So how do I get to the cacklespits realm?

When you get back to the Imperial Camp, one of the little artisan creatures will give you a quest that will eventually lead to a way to get there.
And so he spoke, and so he spoke,
that lord of Castamere,
But now the rains weep o'er his hall,
with no one there to hear.
Yes now the rains weep o'er his hall,
and not a soul to hear.
Seer

Next

Return to Torchlight II General Discussion