First Patch - Version 1.11.x.x

Hardcore Discussion :: Guild Discussion

First Patch - Version 1.11.x.x

Postby travisbaldree » Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:02 am

EDIT! UPDATE!

We had an issue which could wipe shared stashes when this patch was pushed. We rolled it back immediately, and issued an emergency patch an hour later.
That patch is now live and you should be OK.

IF YOU DO NOT SEE YOUR CHARACTER ON THE LOADING MENU, PLEASE SEE THIS THREAD!
viewtopic.php?f=30&t=35698&p=322365#p322365

You have our profoundest apologies if you are adversely affected by this.

------------------------------------

Hey everybody! It's early early in the morning, but our first post-release patch just went live.
We have a list of other stuff we will be doing in upcoming patches, but we wanted to get one out ASAP to fix some initial issues-

Here's the goods!

STABILITY
*Fixed a potential crash bug when applying affixes and effects in certain circumstances
*Fixed rare crash when turning in quest in the Undercurrents.
*Put in protection against character save file corruption. Corrupted characters will not appear in the list of characters. (And thus can't cause the game to crash on load)

SKILLS
*Fix for Berserker geyser proc showing up as a mappable skill.
*Fix for triggering Shocking Burst and Arc Beam out of range while hitting shift that could cause chain casting.
*'Resist Slow' affix fixed.
*Proc affixes scale better with player level.
*Berserker 'Wolf Shade' now has the (intended) 60 second cooldown applied to all ranks.
*Fix for mistriggering when chaining two skills together when there is an early hit-frame.
*Safety check to stop any looping skills that get stuck in the 'on' state when the character is not performing a skill.
*Fixed bug with 'Poison Burst' procs (they should properly engage at more distant ranges).
*Fix for potential issue when units would queue removed/unavailable skills.
*Fix for having more than 100% reduction to charge decay or a negative flat charge decay.

PERFORMANCE
*Made significant optimizations to particle collisions.

SYSTEMS
*Fix a bug when recalculating the price on objects to make sure the calculation is based on the correct data.
*Fix for bug where rapid clicks could misspend stat points.
*Removed access to console commands in multiplayer games.
*The game's login dialog now correctly allows passwords up to 64 characters long.
*Removed display of other users' IP addresses in multiplayer games.
*Removed Steam Cloud toggle in the settings file (it didn't do anything); the ability to toggle is available in the Steam client.
*Removed logging for achievements to potentially reduce some FPS drops for some users.

LEVELS/SCRIPTING
*Tweaks to various areas to prevent units from getting stuck.
*Changed lootable rocks to be non-colliding as they could occasionally block very narrow corridors.
*Fixes to some level scripting logic in the Frosted Hills.
*Fixed a bug that could cause multiple Tower of the Moon entrances to appear in the world.
*Implemented a few specific boss room pathing fixes.

ACHIEVEMENTS
*Fixed friends list based achievements.
*Spell-learning achievements now don't incorrectly trigger based on other players.

MINOR
*Fixed several typos.
*Improvements to journal tooltips.
travisbaldree
Runic Staff

Re: First Patch - Version 1.10.x.x

Postby KirasiN91 » Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:05 am

Great! Thanks Travis and the rest of the team :)
KirasiN91

Postby Manmoths » Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:08 am

Awesome work! By the way, all my expectations were completely dwarfed by the actual game. And I thought I was already over hyped about TL2!
Last edited by Manmoths on Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Remove sticky casting!
viewtopic.php?f=30&t=37045

TL2 expansion pack ideas!
viewtopic.php?f=30&t=41226
Manmoths

Postby CheshireCat » Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:08 am

I'm loving this game so much, thank you ALL for your hard work and congratulations for your well deserved, hard gained success. :)
CheshireCat

Postby Elazul2k » Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:08 am

All I know is this game is crashing more now than when I was playing in the Beta which I find odd. My last crash? About 5 - 10 minutes ago. I go to restart the game and now I gotta wait for the update. Not saying the update is what caused the crash I just find it funny it happened at the same time is all.

What sucks? Every crash I seem to lose a couple of levels. NOT FUN!

EDIT: Just checked and verified this crash did NOT remove any levels or loot. What is DID do was completely reset my single player map which does not bother me too much but seriously the crashes are just annoying. Hoping the client stabilizes after a few more patches.

2nd EDIT: Actually it did remove some loot. A nice hammer I received for a quest reward. It also reset the quest it appears as if I never completed it or received the reward. :(
Last edited by Elazul2k on Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:19 am, edited 3 times in total.
Elazul2k

Postby majere880 » Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:09 am

Cool. Thanks for the update!

Have you guys thought about working on the targeting/hitbox system a bit? I have been having some problems targeting enemies with my Outlander's shotgonne. The hitboxes seem a little off. This was especially apparent in the phase beast portal challenge with the 3 tar champions and numerous little tars. I could not easily target the champion tars (their hitboxes were too small and the minion tars' hitboxes were too large), and I could not even run at some points. Anywhere I clicked on the ground was apparently hitting some mob's hitbox, and my character just kept shooting causing me to die.
Last edited by majere880 on Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:23 am, edited 3 times in total.
majere880

Postby TimeBomb » Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:10 am

Woot, First patch! Nice job; keep it up.
TimeBomb

Postby KirasiN91 » Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:12 am

majere880 wrote:Cool. Thanks for the update!

Have you guys thought about working on the targeting/hitbox system a bit? I have been having some problems targeting enemies with my Outlander. The hitboxes seem a little bit off. This was especially apparent in the phase beast portal challenge with the 3 tar champions and numerous little tars. I could not easily target the champion tars, and I could not even run, at some points. Anywhere I clicked on the ground was apparently hitting some mob's hitbox, and my character just kept shooting causing me to die.

I second that, have been having trouble with the targeting system too.
KirasiN91

Postby adoomgod » Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:13 am

Elazul2k wrote:All I know is this game is crashing more now than when I was playing in the Beta which I find odd. My last crash? About 5 - 10 minutes ago. I go to restart the game and now I gotta wait for the update. Not saying the update is what caused the crash I just find it funny it happened at the same time is all.

What sucks? Every crash I seem to lose a couple of levels. NOT FUN!

I've crashed ONCE and i lost all of 2 minutes.
I put the "DOOM" in "Sexy."
adoomgod

Postby Darkkrows » Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:13 am

thanks! i hope u fix the big fish same icon problem.(simple fix) It is a missing feature in TL2 (TL1 has it). Not really important but it is nice to have it. :D

Fish and EGGS. = It seems the item icons are the same in the inventory. Big fish look the same as small fish. (its a step backward from TL1) The Eggs look the same for all types.

other suggestion.

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=35450
Darkkrows

Postby teheria » Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:17 am

Thank you for the update and all the hard work you've put into this amazing game.

I wanted to point out that after patching my game on Steam, my shared stash is gone. Not sure if the patch caused this or something else. Anyone else have this happen after the patch?
teheria

Postby solisa » Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:21 am

I wanted to point out that after patching my game on Steam, my shared stash is gone. Not sure if the patch caused this or something else. Anyone else have this happen after the patch?

I have the same issue. I really hope this is temporary and not just gone, because I had probably about 10 uniques I was waiting to transmute, plus a mess of gems and gear for alts.
solisa

Postby skkeeper » Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:22 am

First of all, thanks for all your hard work on this game and for supporting it post-release.

EDIT:

I can confirm this is happening to me too.

Also...

SUGGESTION: I would love if you guys consider tweaking the server browser a bit, especially in a way that it saves the last filters used. And maybe then implement a reset button for the filters too. I only play Elite, so I find myself poping in and out of games a lot and I have to adjust the server filters everytime I use the server browser, it's a small thing but it sure is annoying.

Last edited by skkeeper on Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
skkeeper

Postby misterioes » Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:23 am

nice 8-)
misterioes

Postby Zidders » Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:24 am

Awesome. Thanks for getting this out, Travis + co.

I noticed that sometimes my characters will totally stop what they're doing in the middle of combat, whether i'm right clicking or left clicking, and stand there until I reclick/attack. It's been frustrating because it means my damage over time etc. skills that do things over time aren't triggering/getting a chance to trigger. Brixtan noticed this, too.

I'm also still getting the
Torchlight II failed to launch (Application is Running)' error >.<
And doh..I figured my pet spectral wolf was too good to be true XD
Zidders

Postby majere880 » Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:26 am

Zidders wrote:Awesome. Thanks for getting this out, Travis + co.

I noticed that sometimes my characters will totally stop what they're doing in the middle of combat, whether i'm right clicking or left clicking, and stand there until I reclick/attack. It's been frustrating because it means my damage over time etc. skills that do things over time aren't triggering/getting a chance to trigger. Brixtan noticed this, too.

I have noticed this, too.
majere880

Postby Surlaw » Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:30 am

KirasiN91 wrote:
majere880 wrote:Cool. Thanks for the update!

Have you guys thought about working on the targeting/hitbox system a bit? I have been having some problems targeting enemies with my Outlander. The hitboxes seem a little bit off. This was especially apparent in the phase beast portal challenge with the 3 tar champions and numerous little tars. I could not easily target the champion tars, and I could not even run, at some points. Anywhere I clicked on the ground was apparently hitting some mob's hitbox, and my character just kept shooting causing me to die.

I second that, have been having trouble with the targeting system too.

+1

The game is so great so far and this is the only issue for me. I'm having big trouble targeting monsters correctly with my Outlander as well. I died numerous time because I couldn't even move while fighting the guy that spawned countless stone pillars. Everywhere I clicked on the ground, it would hit something instead of moving for some reason, it's really annoying... :cry:

Anyway thank you so much for such a great game, having so much fun!!! You gave hope to the Hack & Slash genre again! :D

Edit: fyi, no missing shared stash for me after patch, not using steam
Last edited by Surlaw on Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Surlaw

Postby Tricky4u » Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:32 am

Awesome! Thank you to all the devs for getting this out there this fast.
Tricky4u

Postby Acalanatha » Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:35 am

Thank you, Travis (and the whole team at Runic). Our LAN party was a huge success. With the exception of 1 pesky ice mage mob stuck behind an enclosed area (no way to path to it) sniping us, all was hunky dory. I got it using the Spider Mines' explosion upon re-summoning though. :p Anyway, get some rest lol.
Acalanatha

Postby joshmarange » Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:39 am

Post-Patch my shared stash has also been erased. Any fix for this?
joshmarange

Next

Return to Torchlight II General Discussion