Act 3 -quest problem

Community support forum for Torchlight II.

Act 3 -quest problem

Postby butadr » Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:06 pm

From the begining i want to excuse my english...but i still hope that anyone could understand what i want to say.
I have an enginier character lvl 48 and i am in act 3 still searching that damn cacklespits realm.. :evil:
I think i do something wrong becouse during the game i'll find the bell, i'll put it in his place and it lead me to cacklespit, but becouse it say's that (if i'll remember corectly) lvl 43 is recuired i didn't enter and i'll go to find something much easy, thinking that i will return later and do that quest.....Now the problem .... BIG PROBLEM... :?:
Where the hell is that hole....that damn hole who lead me to cacklespit... the game seams to have a bug or something, becouse it leads me to the map (didn't remember the name) where is the elemental quest and power source, and an other one (on two floor) who lead me to some giant lizard, witch by the way i manage to kill 3 times, still hoping that i find something to lead me to cacklespit realm....WHERE IS THAT DAMN THING
Becous i didn't do the quest where i'll get to it...it seems that hes gone....
Please help...10x :mrgreen:
butadr

Re: Act 3 -quest problem

Postby PennyT18 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:28 pm

I have a similar problem. I did go to Cacklespit's Realm by way of the ghost guy and his carriage in the battle field and defeated all of the secondary monsters there but some other ghost guy told me I had to kill them all or I couldn't beat Cacklespit so I figured I left some alive back in the battle field so I went back to kill them all. I then went into the Elemental Oasis to just finish out that area before I moved on but when I went to look for the ghost guy, I couldn't find him and I no longer see any stars on the map indicating where I continue the quest. I see the flashing star in the Imperial Camp and in the area before battle field but once I enter the battle field, the flashing star goes away and I can't seem to trigger the ghost guy again. I would have considered the quest completed except it still shows up as an open quest along with the robot quest. I'm thinking I did something in the wrong order, like maybe going into the Elemental Oasis too soon or something. I was going to run through the game again with a different character and this time just ignore the guy who tells me I have to kill all of the other monsters in order to deal with Cacklespit and take my chances that I can defeat her. I would have thought that if this was a bug, more of us would be speaking up.

I ran into this with an engineer, by the way. And if this has been answered in another thread that I haven't seen yet, let me know. Thanks.
PennyT18

Postby PennyT18 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:31 pm

Oops. Just found the support forum. Sorry. I'll post this there.
PennyT18

Postby HPX » Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:32 pm

You encounter Cracklespit two times, the first when you use the bell. After completing that quest, speak to the towns people.
After that, start looking for Fade (a wraith type character with a ghost horse carriage) in the Sundered Battlefield. He will ask you to find four skulls. After that he will help you travel to Cracklespits realm.

I think that the above is the right way to go, I'm typing after what I remember. :)
HPX

Postby PennyT18 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:50 pm

I found the four skulls and got into the realm. Once I beat all the monsters there, I discovered that I could go up the stairs to some of the huts but nothing happened when I did. I'm assuming that some higher level monsters come out of there but they didn't do it for me. I just figured I hadn't done something yet that I was supposed to do but I don't know what the something might be.
PennyT18

Postby HPX » Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:46 pm

PennyT18 wrote:I found the four skulls and got into the realm. Once I beat all the monsters there, I discovered that I could go up the stairs to some of the huts but nothing happened when I did. I'm assuming that some higher level monsters come out of there but they didn't do it for me. I just figured I hadn't done something yet that I was supposed to do but I don't know what the something might be.
There is a teleport somewhere in his realm with a witch you can talk to standing besides it. I'm not quite sure what those huts are though. I never touched them. :)
HPX

Postby butadr » Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:35 pm

10x for your answer, ...i'll uncheck the quest, it was the only way to get rid of that :lol:
I can't do the bel quest again, and fade is gone and seems that it will never apear again, whatever i do :lol:
So... I'll think i can't get to cacklespit realm anymore.
If anyone had any solution, please let me know...10x
butadr

Postby evilmogwai » Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:23 pm

Fades location marker did disappear for me when I wandered away after completing his task (but before traveling to cacklespits realm). I had to find him manually again.
evilmogwai

Postby HPX » Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:55 am

butadr wrote:10x for your answer, ...i'll uncheck the quest, it was the only way to get rid of that :lol:
I can't do the bel quest again, and fade is gone and seems that it will never apear again, whatever i do :lol:
So... I'll think i can't get to cacklespit realm anymore.
If anyone had any solution, please let me know...10x
Just as evil mentioned, the icon disappears. I don't know if this is a bug or intended.

Also, one solution if you are really stuck (say Crackle is gone for real), is to re-roll the world. Start a lan game, create new and mark re-roll world. This will create an entirly new map for you. :)
HPX

Postby Sunnygirl89 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:14 am

Hy everybody,

I also have this probem with cacklespit realm.
I did everything according to the quest line but when Fade the spectral ferryman appeared i was in e internet party with two others, on of them did not have the quest so when fade asked "do you want to go to cacklespits realm" i anwsered no.
Now i have big problem...fade is gone...no fade, no altars, no ghost horeses nothing....

I already started a new lan-game but that didn't help, also a quit and resume single player wont do.

Does anybody have a clue about how to fix this?? I want to complete the quest.

Thnx for helping this damsel in distress :)

Sunnygirl :)
Sunnygirl89

Return to Torchlight II Support