Changing the Difficult without the cheating status?

Hardcore Discussion :: Guild Discussion

Changing the Difficult without the cheating status?

Postby GuardTower » Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:04 am

is there a way for me to bump up my single players difficulty without being marked as a cheater in multiplayer?

i started playing TL2 using my Full minion tank ENGR in normal mode im in act 3 now but the missions are too easy

i want to bump it up to veteran mode but i dont want the cheater status to appear when im playing mutiplayer

any way to do it?
GuardTower

Re: Changing the Difficult without the cheating status?

Postby Seeders » Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:09 am

Create a LAN game and you can set the difficulty to whatever you wish. Changing difficulty does not flag you for cheating.
Seeders

Postby GuardTower » Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:17 am

Seeders wrote:Create a LAN game and you can set the difficulty to whatever you wish. Changing difficulty does not flag you for cheating.

i just casualy play TL2 during my work schedule and play it non stop when its my day off. . i want to know if i stop playing to go to work will the world persist even after i relog?
GuardTower

Postby Kiir » Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:19 am

The world will persist so long as you use the same computer and don't tick "reroll world". At least, this is how I've gathered it works, since the world map seems to be saved to your computer. and you keep online ones, too.
Kiir

Postby Seeders » Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:23 am

GuardTower wrote:
Seeders wrote:Create a LAN game and you can set the difficulty to whatever you wish. Changing difficulty does not flag you for cheating.

i just casualy play TL2 during my work schedule and play it non stop when its my day off. . i want to know if i stop playing to go to work will the world persist even after i relog?

You will keep the same world, though I think monsters will respawn, as long as you dont hit the 're-roll' world.
Seeders

Postby GuardTower » Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:27 am

ok Ill try this when i get home~ i realy want to bump up my difficulty because the normal level is just too easy. im almost imortal and have never experienced 1 death during my single play ( tho being in a 6man veteran i experience having my HP dipping below 25%)
GuardTower

Return to Torchlight II General Discussion