Berserker appreciation post

Hardcore Discussion :: Guild Discussion

Berserker appreciation post

Postby JamestheEmberLord » Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:50 pm

Well here I am.

Im doing an extended Toon examination of all these classes in TL2. And I have to say the BERERKER IS EPIC!!!!!!

I tried this one out last because I was sceptical of it. D3 did a lousy job with their barb,and I never much liked the one from D2 either. I was half way expecting the Berserker to be my least fave of TL2.

IM GLAD I WAS WRONG!!!!

It has all the eye candy,and terrific skillls a killer class should have! The only problem is WHAT BUILD TO CHOOSE? A northern ice killer,a lycanthrope,or a blood rage destroyer?

THANKS TL2 for returning fun to the melee class characters!
"I'll try to make this painless as possible."
JamestheEmberLord

Re: Berserker appreciation post

Postby JoystickMonkey » Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:53 pm

I agree the Berserker is fun to play. It's certainly the most visceral of the bunch.
Runic Level Design
Teaching my Headcrab the finer points of necromancy.
JoystickMonkey
Runic Staff

Postby keenlam » Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:44 pm

Whenever I play zerker, I have the impression that this character is psychologically unstable; and when charge is at max, the char goes into frenzy mode, it all makes sense. :lol:
Well done, Runic. :D
keenlam

Postby greybucket » Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:00 pm

I have to agree... I thought that the berserker would be my least favorite class. Turns out to be my favorite!
Runic/Steam ID: greybucket
greybucket

Postby RipperNyght » Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:12 pm

I love my Zerker Raven which is my avatar,
Love dual wielding my new set of LizardTooth Swords with hard core electrical damage. And as others have said the skills are sweet. First class I tried and love it. Second favorite has to be Engineer Class, especially with the healing bot on top of pots and Heal All Spell.
8-)
Raven Nyght - Zerker - LvL 69
Xtro's and Obscure Tools Full Sets
HP Regen - 300
Mana Regen - 15
Steal Life on Hit - 195
Reflect Dmg - 390
Pet - RIPPER - WarBeast
RipperNyght

Postby Duka » Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:11 am

To me, the best thing about the berserker is Shadow Burst. The skill is so ridiculously good that I can't help but to miss it while playing other classes. Very affordable mana cost. Does some damage, though you probably shouldn't use it as your main damage dealer. Incredible sustainability with the scaling %-based life restore. And its utility in positioning or moving to your destination quickly is incalculable. It's even available from level one!

The charge for berserkers is also ridiculously powerful if you're using a build that capitalizes on strength, like a Raze build. All in all the berserker is a blast to play.
Duka

Postby Vostof » Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:43 am

The Berserker class was the one that I most wanted to play before TL2 came out. I started with it but I kept getting killed so easily that I never got past level 17.

Now that my Engineer is level 100, I'm thinking about going back to my Berserker.

What's the trick to better survivability with the Berserker?

I guess that I should probably visit the Berserker forum for these kinds of questions. :mrgreen:
Vostof

Postby bran » Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:50 am

heres a brief description of how to maximize fun playing the awesome berserker (it took me decades to figure out; billions of statistics, 24/7 analysis of a weapon that was build of a stone, a stick and a string. my army of assistant professors poured all over the world to search in different archaical cultures for the missing link between the homo sapiens, the drooling wolves of hildrgundsgaart and a keg of mead. we brought together our results to create our conclusion at the international approved WIFDO (wooden institute for dangerous occurrences, a nice rotten log cabin in iceland with outside toilet) and wrote a 6700 pages disquisition. the following complex instructions is the quintessence that can be used live in a computer game called 'torchlight II' that has been released in 2012 a.d. - feel free to comment.)

Spoiler: show
1. take the hugest weapon
2. get a skull helmet
2.a) drink a barrel some barrels of beer or mead
3. charge into the hordes of enemies
- Clouddancer Mod
- currently working on: "The Gloom"-Mod - fiendish stuff including the Igniter Demon class
"Never sweet the kiss of cold steel..." (bal sagoth)
painting stuff - my gallery: http://bran.cgsociety.org/gallery/
bran

Postby Duka » Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:08 am

Vostof wrote:The Berserker class was the one that I most wanted to play before TL2 came out. I started with it but I kept getting killed so easily that I never got past level 17.

Now that my Engineer is level 100, I'm thinking about going back to my Berserker.

What's the trick to better survivability with the Berserker?

I guess that I should probably visit the Berserker forum for these kinds of questions. :mrgreen:

The trick is basically good positioning and good gear. Shadow burst, as I said above, is really amazing. Additionally once you can get it (especially at rank 10) Ice Shield is really good now that the stupid mechanics of reflect are fixed. The berserker can also be fairly gear dependant if you're relying on a weapon that scales with weapon damage/dps, especially noticeable early in the game.
Duka

Postby WallyTheDeer » Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:45 am

I haven't tried gotten my other non-zerker chars to 100 yet, but so far the berserker has been the biggest joy to play.

-Gets his dash/teleport at level 1 via shadow burst!
-Gets a *real* dash (+20% move speed) via Savage Wolf, making it the funnest class to zoom around the map with. Or to farm blue chests if you're looking to non-dupe limoanys
-Ice shield makes you invulnerable to like 1/3 of the enemies in the game. and, combined with savage wolf or shadow burst, prolly the best "runner" in the game
-Cool wolf animations. Cos wolves are cool.
-Can contribute amazingly to Group PvE via Howl and Ice Breath.
-IMO, the funnest charge bar. 100% crit rate and increased speed? Now that's some oomph.
-innate 25% DR ala engineer. Huzzah for not being afraid of potted plants in the early game
:geek:
WallyTheDeer

Return to Torchlight II General Discussion