Death's bounty vs prismatic rift

Discuss the Embermage, an academy-trained spellcaster.

Death's bounty vs prismatic rift

Postby CaressPooter » Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:23 am

I'm play on veteran, I know these skills are different but with the build i'm using (fire build) and i have Immolation Aura, should I invest the rest of my 15 points into deaths bounty or pris rift? Or screw both because i have immolation aura? I'm only level 30ish and was wandering if i will need the extra defensive skills for later game or should just go with more dps? I think i could benefit from death bounty as it does have some CC effects at later tiers. I'm pretty good at saying oh fucking and getting out the a messy situation so i feel like i don't need pris rift but i could be totally wrong could use some input. ( i know if depends on play style, but would be nice to hear from some one more experienced on a mage.) Thanks!
CaressPooter

Re: Death's bounty vs prismatic rift

Postby Ochsensepp » Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:44 am

if u choose death bounty u need a mechanic to force enemies to stick togehter in that radius. like iceprison. and that u lose casttime while playin singleplayer using daeath bounty.
i kicked it early cos of that timeloss. and u need a ton of def to work with it effectively imo (aka battlemage).
if u have a tank (being able to hold position^^), its a pretty nice spell.
Ochsensepp

Postby Este » Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:59 pm

Ochsensepp wrote:if u choose death bounty u need a mechanic to force enemies to stick togehter in that radius. like iceprison. and that u lose casttime while playin singleplayer using daeath bounty.
i kicked it early cos of that timeloss. and u need a ton of def to work with it effectively imo (aka battlemage).
if u have a tank (being able to hold position^^), its a pretty nice spell.

Actually you only have to cast it where mobs are at the moment you do so. They get a debuff from it that will send the bolts out even if they moved away. It's a pretty decent ability that helps to heal back to full when you are taking some ranged/splash dmg. I really start to like it. You'd probably want to invest further into it, though. It really only starts to shine with the tier bonuses kicking in, especially the faster casting (makes it less of an annoyance). The t3 stun is incredibly awesome, too.

As for the op, I tend to see it like you do: Prismatic Rift isn't all that helpful. Actually melee mobs are of no real concern anyway (thanks to Frost Phase) and so this makes this skill quite pointless. That's my opinion though. I have seen lots of people enjoying it. But still, it's all about avoiding subsequent hits, while you should be doing all you can to not get hit at all. And with melee - as said - this is actually quite easily done. So yeah...
Este

Postby Ochsensepp » Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:08 pm

yes someone in another thread told it too, i have to check it again. i was to early in game and unpatient. ill give it a try again on my second mage on elite^^. he needs more def anyway haha.
Ochsensepp

Return to Embermage Discussion