Potential Elite Tank Build - 1H/Shield

Discuss the Engineer, a resourceful powerhouse.

Potential Elite Tank Build - 1H/Shield

Postby dudewiththepants » Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:57 pm

Post Updated Here - Updated as of 8:46 PM EST 10/02

Current Build - http://torchlight2armory.com/skill-calc ... hbW1IQQv2B

This is a 1h/shield tank build, proposed for elite use. This build has been *designed* around the idea that Forcefield will be the only charge dump. This is intentional. I will begin a fresh playthrough tomorrow and report back. Like many current popular tank builds this build's centerpiece is forcefield. Keep it up and profit, essentially, while still killing the enemies in a reasonable amount of time.

Skills

Actives
Passives

Blitz - 32
  • Seismic Slam 15/15 - The only early damage choice, and a solid interrupt/stun when upgraded.
  • Ember Hammer 1/15 - The shield breaker.
  • Onslaught 1/15 - Primary escape tool as well as a charging tactic. Use to get mobile or assault groups.
  • Emberquake 15/15 - A big hitter and the best tool for bosses. Can tackle AoE or focused target damage based on who the fissures hit.

Construction - 40
  • Healing Bot 15/15 - Provides essential healing and mana regeneration. Also provides armor.
  • Bulwark 10/15 - For survivability, but also a point dump. Armor never hurts, unless it chafes.
  • Fire and Spark 15/15 - Strong boost to several skills for damage purposes, most notably Emberquake. Combine with Fire Bash for maximum hilarity.

Aegis - 60
  • Forcefield 15/15 - The fulcrum of the build. Keep this up, and charged, to stay alive and generally run around taking sweet videos on fraps.
  • Dynamo Field 15/15 - AoE small electric damage with interrupt. Primarily important as the group charge builder.
  • Immobilization Copter 15/15 - Primarily important for its slows and potential interrupt, it's damage is rather negligible.
  • Charge Reconstitution 15/15 - For when you actually take a hit or two, heal up immediately while simultaneously throwing up your forcefield.

Addendum: It may be worth it for some of you to drop a point out of Bulwark and put it into Tremor. Having a knockback in addition to the Seismic stun could prove useful though I personally don't know if I want to take the charge hit. This may change later. Also, if someone really wants Tremor they could drop Seismic Slam and put the points directly into Tremor instead. Keep in mind though the only interrupt with that setup is Dynamo, and while having a stun/knockback on one move is great, it may be less damage than a Fire Shield/Seismic combination with the Shield T3 bonus. This requires further research.

Additionally, if you are not a fan of Charge Reconstitution, by all means put more points into Onslaught. However if you're in such a bad fight that Forcefield is going down quickly and repeatedly, this will cause you to be more potion reliant. If that's not a problem, then go for it.

Progression

Level 10 - 01/07/02 - This is where I wound up after 10 levels. The Fire & Spark seemed slightly more useful than Bulwark this early. I saved points once or twice to pump them into Forcefield and the bot. One fame level helped as well.
Level 20 - xx/xx/xx -
Level 30 - xx/xx/xx -
Level 40 - xx/xx/xx -
Level 50 - xx/xx/xx -
Beyond -

Stats

This is a focus heavy active skills build. Though strength will benefit Emberquake via weapon dps, it pales in comparison to focus. Thus, vitality and focus become our targets. As of current input I'm trying out a ratio that looks like 0/0/3/2. Focus improves the damage of Emberquake, particularly as the tiers are unlocked. Vitality is essential but not the ultimate requirement it would be without forcefield. These numbers are, of course, subject to change.

Expected stats at 100 should be (around)

Str: 15
Dex: 5
Foc: 300 - 447 Mana, 150% Magic Damage
Vit: 215 - 4953 Base HP, 53.8% Armor, 33.8% Block

Itemization

At this point largely unknown, though enhancing fire damage and raising defenses seems optimal, as well as magic regeneration. That will depend on how trigger happy one is, and how the healing bot performs. Input welcome.

V0lta wrote:http://torchlight2armory.com/item?i=-7962054274445298834 - This is an Item that may drop when you kill Grom the Murderer in Act III as part of the Quest given by Cacklespit. And this is easily the best item for a young tanking Engineer by a lot of reasons.

1) You can equip it before Level 15 if you spend your skillpoints on Focus (what you would do anyway)
2) +15% Firedamage
3) Half its damage is elemental
4) A LOT of damage

With the help of this blade the hard early levels should be quite managable.

Spells - Section full credit to Ryuuki.

Arcane Mastery - If utilizing wands. Reduced rings/amulet requirement a bonus.
Shield Mastery - Practically mandatory.
Full Heal Self / All - Self for you, all for the pet.
Armor Expertise - Could be useful. Adventurer may be better.

Gameplay

FIrst, something I picked up from another post was that I found rebinding potions to Q and E immediately helpful, instead of their defaults. Anything up in the WASD area would probably be helpful, really. I rebound quests to L.

Get your forcefield up.

This an active build type, thus running around hitting things while relying on passives will immediately result in your death. Be prescient of what may be thrown at you, and have your hotkeys ready. Now, of the eight actives, the heal bot should always be up. Put it up when you zone, keep it up, and it's one less button to worry about in a crisis. Same with Forcefield, if you have charges, be ready to re-Forcefield for shield refreshing and healing.

For group situations, try leaping into the fray (literally) with Onslaught, throw down a Seismic Slam to stun, get off a few Dynamos to charge back up, and then burn them all down with Emberquake. If required, throw in an Ember Hammer to break some shields, and restun if necessary. If overwhelmed, summon your assistant and Onslaught out of dodge to recoup.

Against tough opponents, Emberquake, redo Forcefield as necessary. Balance the mana requirement of Emberquake vs Dynamo to build charges, and repeat. Onslaught out of there to regroup if ncessary. Your weapon is essentially made of balsa wood. Try to manage mana carefully if you're low. Or just chug potions; whatever makes the game fun for you. Don't forget you have a fire and forget CC with the copter, so use it liberally.

Notes

If anyone has more critical feedback (thanks so far to: medea, mtwlund, Stox, Caspid, dblancot, talshrem. Ryuuki, TheReaperKing, beastmodeengaged, V0lta) PLEASE PLEASE respond and critique. I'm trying to refine a solo-elite capable tank build that can also kill things in a reasonable amount of time. Shield Bash has been thrown out for a more focus oriented build. Additional input regarding hidden effects of Sword and Board were gleaned from here and additional discussion regarding skill scaling and str/foc efficacy was read here. Per an observation I missed regarding tier 3 level requirements and a Fire Bash being a complete nonentity until NG++, Fire Bash has been removed as well. While Sword and Board provides a good hidden boost, in a non-str build it's not the most helpful; Emberquake's damage is primarily coming from focus in this sitiation thus a utility choice of Sledgebot has replaced it.

Additional feedback on the usefulness of Copter vs the actual damage output of Sledge was received, and the build is now again fully solo with CC support instead of damage support. Further feedback is of course preferred and welcome.

Updates end here. Original post below - Completely Outdated

Hey guys,

After considering a lot of builds and input (did a lot of reading the last few days) I've come up with a proposed build for my upcoming tank engineer.

http://torchlight2armory.com/skill-calc ... lOTjOqAxXO

My thoughts are as follows: I know I have Forcefield AND Aegis/Bulwark. It's Elite, I figured better to be safe. The main charge building would be done via melee with supercharge, or shield bash for additional CC situation dependant. Onslaught and Ember Hammer one point each as an escape and shield breaker, respectively. (If shield bash or onslaught break shields, feel free to correct me.) The only charge dump would be forcefield.

Additional support provided by healbot of course, as well as one point in charge domination for an occasional random boost. It has an ICD of 3 anyway so 1 point seemed sufficient. Fire & Spark/Sword & Board providing necessary damage increases for solo play (assisted also by supercharge), and as many points remaining as possible (nine in this case) put into Charge Reconstitution for additional support heals when powering up Forcefield.

Now, could I get some feedback on that, as well as suggested statistic ratios? Specifically, are there any points I could safely lose to max out Reconstitution? It nearly doubles in heals the last couple of points, but I don't know if it's worth it or possible to lose anything else. I think it's fairly trim. Also, assuming I neglect focus, would it also be safe to neglect dex? Does shield bash even crit? How worth it is the possible dodge/crit from supercharged melee vs a strictly str/vit ratio?

Obviously this would be a 1/shield build, if the skill choices didn't make it abundantly clear.

EDIT: Upon doing a little math, and checking the duke's thread, sword and board doesn't seem particularly worth the points. Perhaps instead dropping those 15 points into maxing out reconstitution (6) and putting the other 9 into a 10/15 onslaught would simultaneously A) improve my heals and B) give me better group damage.

Updated link: http://torchlight2armory.com/skill-calc ... WQj80QoxXO
Last edited by dudewiththepants on Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:47 am, edited 30 times in total.
dudewiththepants

Re: Potential Elite Tank Build - Input Please

Postby dudewiththepants » Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:18 pm

Alright, I'm looking at the build and I see single target damage should be fine. However, AoE output concerns me.

How essential is Bulwark on Elite? If I already have Forcefield and Aegis, is it required? If not, those points could be directly rerouted to Emberquake for AoE, and consequently I'd feel less like Fire & Spark were wasted simply on Onslaught alone.

Edit: Just found another great thread I somehow missed. viewtopic.php?f=45&t=37815

Inferring NG+ and beyond levels of damage, either Bulwark/FF or Aegis/FF seems preferable to all 3, being that FF is really the most important thing here and Bulwark will only affect damage that actually gets through. I don't want it to be getting through anyway, which would imply I need strong charge generation within groups as well as on bosses. Thus, Dynamo will supplement Onslaught for AoE damage and provide quick charging in group situations to recast FF and interrupt. 10/15 Onslaught and 15/15 Dynamo may be less straight up damage than sacrificing one of them for Emberquake, but it is far more survivable in that leaping away or recharging forcefield sooner are superior to only doing high fire damage. At least, that is what I am lead to believe based on the NG++ mindset of "survive... survive... hit things when possible."

Current Updated Build - http://torchlight2armory.com/skill-calc ... XU7IN0ZYXO
dudewiththepants

Postby medea » Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:57 pm

First: I haven't played on elite yet, and haven't gotten into NG either. But I played around 40 hours starting a zillion of builds and classes. So what I'm saying is based on theory only.

Looking at your last build - I don't think shield bash has a place in it. As a charge generator dynamo is better. As damage dealing ability it doesn't synergize with fire and spark.

Could you please explain a bit how Supercharge works? I haven't used it yet. It's just for gaining charge? Or it does additional damage as well? If it's only for charge gain I think you should drop it. Your only charge dump is FF, you don't need so much charge generation. Dynamo is more than enough.

I'd put the points from shield bash into tremor to be honest.
medea

Postby dudewiththepants » Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:07 pm

With max supercharge I'd be doing an extra 95% weapon damage. The charge bonus is nice, but I don't care about it in group situations. I don't know if blowing dynamo on small groups or solo targets is efficient, mana wise. If I'm smacking one of the bosses which does not summon minions, however, it could prove to be fairly useful.

I know what you mean about shield bash. I'm trying to have an alternative simply to "smack the boss with the hammer" for 1 on 1 fights or champion fights which may not play nicely with simply sitting in supercharge all the time. Then again, bash's damage is boosted BY being charged, so I could sit on a full charge for extra dps, potentially.
dudewiththepants

Postby yaokayguy » Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:30 pm

Are you going mainly an auto attack build? I thought charge only worked on regular attacks and not skills?
yaokayguy

Postby dudewiththepants » Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:32 pm

Auto attack or shield bash for single targets. You are correct regarding supercharge.

AoE groups I can charge up via Dynamo.

Edit: First post thoroughly updated.
dudewiththepants

Re: Potential Elite Tank Build - 1H/Shield

Postby yaokayguy » Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:44 pm

Im still kind of fuzzy on why no one wants to take bulwark? I mean it is a 15% physical damage reduction so crushing blows should be lessened by it anyway, right?
yaokayguy

Postby dudewiththepants » Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:52 pm

It's a solid skill, definitely. However, I look at it as a point for point value versus other things.

Let's say it's a NG+ and, forcefield down, I'm going to die in 3 hits. Bulwark makes me still die in... 3 hits. Ultimately it makes forcefield last a bit longer, but only against physical damage, and with the amount of charge one should be generating with supercharge or dynamo field I can't justify the points. If it also reduced incoming magic, then maybe.
dudewiththepants

Postby yaokayguy » Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:54 pm

Cool, I appreciate the help. I'm just starting a melee engineer from a cannoneer so not having to restart because I chose a bad spec will be nice.
yaokayguy

Postby dudewiththepants » Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:56 pm

Oh I think you could certainly go either way on it depending on the difficulty level. In fact, I recommend playing it both ways and seeing how you like it. I didn't even realize I wanted a tank engineer myself until I had a 2h fire engy hit level 52 and I went, well, I want to do that again... but differently.
dudewiththepants

Q

Postby mtwlund » Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:40 am

Hi!

Interesting build!
Now i am sad i dont have all the threads available but by reading around on the forum i have noticed a few things to take notice from.

Shield Bash gain increased dmg from Focus (not str).
So if your going a Melee oriented tank build (phys dmg = alot of str) i would ignore Shield Bash.
If your going to stick with the +fire&storm dmg go with seismic slam or Emberquake for AoE dmg (in seismis you have a great AoE stun).

Supercharge is nice for str builds (first 300str then dex) with a total of 102 dex (min needed for best synergie with crit chance, fumble and dodge), that is also total (base stat + item bonus) where the rest goes into Vit.
This makes the most out of Supercharge dmg + crits.
Supercharge is nice for proccs on 1h (because we hit fast as ****) add in the fact that Sword and Board increases the max/min dmg of our 1h so a 1h with 0,5 (theory) attack speed with a bonus from shield armor of 100 would increase DPS by 200 on our 1hand weapons this will make supercharge proccs realy hurt.

THE PROBLEM - Elite mode scales very bad with phys dmg builds.
However elemental resist on Elite mode does not scale very much, basicly the same.

This makes elemental Offense skills on a defensive build more viable and less skill points "wasted" for dmg.

Sword and Board DPS increase on 1h weapon boosts Flame Hammer DMG (but not Emberquake, if i remember correct).
Sword and board will not affect Flame Bash (however Focus will increase dmg).

And lastly if you spend 15 points in Flame and Storm dmg boost then get you should get skills that you will use regulary that gains from this.
Shield Bash wont, Seismic slam will, as well as Flame Bash (that will also boost dmg of Seismic by additional 50% with its debuff).

I have probably missed alot of things but remember these things when it comes to Elite:
Physical dmg will be less as you go further inte NG+ where as Elemental dmg will not loose that much.
Physical dmg builds needs str else your gonna be sitting there waiting endlessly to make progress (while you probably wont die... because of all the defensive skills).
If your going this way at str stat 300 (that is including item bonuses) Dex will give more on your DPS output as well as boost your defense (with dodge) the limit would be 102 Dex (for max value out of Fumble) after that you can continue to max out str if you want or keep on putting stats on VIT (i recommend this).

If your going elemental dmg (not counting Flame Hammer as it scales better with str) Focus and Vit will be more viable and when you have the chance boost Dex to roughly 102 total (since you can crit your skill dmg and i have not seen any comments on dex crit % not affecting your spells).

I am personaly going for a Elite HC Engineer with 1h specc on Flame Hammer as main DPS skill (at late game it is not as great as Emberquake but Elite is way to hard if your going to wait for EmberQ imho).
I will later get Flame Bash for boosting FH dmg and Dynamo for Charge gain.

When it comes to Defense i will go FF and Bulwark and Heal Bot + max Charge Reconstitution for the burst heals (keep distance and use FH to gain back health).

And i will get Flame and storm + dmg passive.
1 onslaught for great movability and UBER debuff.

my buidl: Engineer 16/40/76

Stat Dist: 1,0,1,2 (Str, Dex, Focus, Vit)
I will go 5 points into one stat each lvl up.
I wont get Dex to 102 but i will take whatever gems/items that boost dex and hope that it will be enough end-game.
Simply put, i wont be the best at a single type but rather good AoE spells and my FH will give nice dmg (scales best with str but will also gain from Focus) my crit chance will be low but i will have a steady DPS with possible AoE (Flame Bash and Dynamo as well as the splinters from FHammer).
Also an important thing to point out, Tremor (when using a charge) applies weapon effects on targets (conveys like stun and dmg) this can make some very nasty comboes later ingame with 1h with 2-4 sockets of Troll gems (those that gives phys dmg over seconds) as it will apply the effect on ALL targets hit by Tremor so 1 point will go here.

Defense is: FF (does this also scale with Focus? i think it does) as well as Bulwark and ofcourse Charge Reconstitution and heal bot.
mtwlund

Postby mtwlund » Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:45 am

I am so sorry for the wall of text... it would have been better if i just added links to others post.

If you all find it to hard to read it through i can just delete it -_-
mtwlund

Postby Stox » Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:44 am

Iwould seriously consider using Seismic Slam over shield bash. The spammable aoe stun is probably one the best forms of crowd control there is. Plus, knock back Is kind of annoying for a tank.

Depending on your play style, if you want to save allies, you can get a point into Ember pull.

If your depending on allies to kill for you this build should be fine. If you're planning On soloing,i think you'll want a hard hitting ability to make sure you progress at a reasonable pace for mobs beyond level 70. Maybe overload.

Something like onslaught >seismic slam >dynamo field > dynamo field> overload. That should give lots of control and damage.

Cheers
Stox

Postby dudewiththepants » Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:57 am

Stox, Assuming I dropped Bash for Seismic, I'd have three AoE movies. Dynamo I'd obviously need for charging, would it be realistic to say I could focus on slamming and only put one point into Onslaught for movement purposes? Or does landing in a crowd with a bang (and 10 points) before slamming seem smarter? If the former, where could I funnel those points?

mtwlund - You also suggested seismic as I do not have a focus heavy build. Definitely considering it. Also, if I swap to a more fire oriented damage setup I can put less focus on DEALING the damage with onslaught, which frees up 9 points.

Any reason you're going Bulwark/FF vs Aegis/FF? I prefer Aegis due to keeping it up for the knockback resist, but perhaps I'm unaware of the beneficial scaling from Bulwark? I discussed it with someone else earlier in the thread. Though, I guess upon thinking about it, with the renewed build focus on stuns I don't really want to be getting hit even with FF up, if at all possible? I did some mental math and 200% of armor seems kind of insane for 15 points.. so reassigning Aegis.

Do you think having Dynamo, Seismic, AND Emberquake is too many AoE options? (Not including Onslaught for movement.) I'm trying to figure out what to use against say, tough single targets. Flame Shield them, then Emberquake? Trying to avoid Flame Hammer as I feel like A) it's AoE is superseded by superior AoE later on and B) I played my entire last game with it. If it's really the only single target focus oriented option I have I'll go with it, but I'd prefer not. As I'm not using Flame Hammer I see no reason to personally go with S&B, which allows me to pick up both AoE moves from Blitz - Slam & Quake.

Maybe something like this? http://torchlight2armory.com/skill-calc ... hbW2BlHbDh What about the last nine, Bulwark? Seems a little active heavy.
dudewiththepants

Postby dblancot » Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:54 am

Hi.

First of all sorry for my english.

I'm playing Elite Mode 1h+Shield Eng. but with no time to test, then i try to read every post here for get every information possible. Then this is my build at the moment.

Engineer 42/45/45

Only a skill use charge, FF center of defensive part. Emberquake will be the center of offensive part. I'm trying that every skill has synergy wich each other.

Defensive.
Force Field
Dynamo Field (AoE too) - ¿Synergy with Fire & Spark? and FF obvs.
Healing Bot
Bulwark (I have doubts about that 15 points that i use for another skill, thinking about that, for example charge reconstitution, supercharge.. not sure yet)

Offensive.
Emberquake - Synergy with Fire & Spark, ¿Sword & Board (Weapon DPS)?, Coup de Grace (when stunned).
Onslaught (5/15 debuff 6secs) - Synergy with Fire & Spark, ¿Sword & Board (Weapon DPS)?, Coup de Grace (when stunned). Use for scape on danger too.
Seismic Slam (AoE stun) - Synergy with Fire & Spark and enables Coup de Grace.
Ember Hamer (1/15) - Break shields. Synergy with ¿Sword & Board (Weapon DPS)? and proc Coup de Grace (when stunned).
Storm Burst (1/15) - For scape. Synergy with Coup de Grace (when stunned) and Sword & Board.
Coup de Grace (5/15). Enable by Seismic Slam, proc with ¿"Weapon DPS" on tooltip? and autoatack obvs.
Fire & Spark. Synergy with everything :P
Sword & Board - Synergy with ¿"Weapon DPS" on tooltip? and autoatack.

At begining its hard to play because until lvl 21 your FF are normally without charges and Emberquake is active on midgame.

The basic idea is: FF up with Dynamo Field, and Onslaught -> Seismic Slam -> Emberquake whit variables according situation.

This is a short summary of my idea about 1h+shield engi. on elite. If there are a wrong reasoning please tell me about that.

Best regards.
dblancot

Postby Caspid » Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:26 am

dblancot wrote:Hi.

First of all sorry for my english.

I'm playing Elite Mode 1h+Shield Eng. but with no time to test, then i try to read every post here for get every information possible. Then this is my build at the moment.

Engineer 42/45/45

Only a skill use charge, FF center of defensive part. Emberquake will be the center of offensive part. I'm trying that every skill has synergy wich each other.

Defensive.
Force Field
Dynamo Field (AoE too) - ¿Synergy with Fire & Spark? and FF obvs.
Healing Bot
Bulwark (I have doubts about that 15 points that i use for another skill, thinking about that, for example charge reconstitution, supercharge.. not sure yet)

Offensive.
Emberquake - Synergy with Fire & Spark, ¿Sword & Board (Weapon DPS)?, Coup de Grace (when stunned).
Onslaught (5/15 debuff 6secs) - Synergy with Fire & Spark, ¿Sword & Board (Weapon DPS)?, Coup de Grace (when stunned). Use for scape on danger too.
Seismic Slam (AoE stun) - Synergy with Fire & Spark and enables Coup de Grace.
Ember Hamer (1/15) - Break shields. Synergy with ¿Sword & Board (Weapon DPS)? and proc Coup de Grace (when stunned).
Storm Burst (1/15) - For scape. Synergy with Coup de Grace (when stunned) and Sword & Board.
Coup de Grace (5/15). Enable by Seismic Slam, proc with ¿"Weapon DPS" on tooltip? and autoatack obvs.
Fire & Spark. Synergy with everything :P
Sword & Board - Synergy with ¿"Weapon DPS" on tooltip? and autoatack.

At begining its hard to play because until lvl 21 your FF are normally without charges and Emberquake is active on midgame.

The basic idea is: FF up with Dynamo Field, and Onslaught -> Seismic Slam -> Emberquake whit variables according situation.

This is a short summary of my idea about 1h+shield engi. on elite. If there are a wrong reasoning please tell me about that.

Best regards.

If Emberquake, which benefits from Focus, is the centerpiece of your offense, then you should also pick skills that benefit from Focus (and not ones that rely on Strength). ie, if you go caster, you won't be autoattacking much.
Of course, you could do a little of both (autoattack and spells), but I don't think it'd be as effective because of the damage of each would be less.

In particular, I think Sword & Board and Coup de Grace are better suited for an autoattacking build. You're welcome to try it out though - Onslaught → Seismic Slam to stun → autoattacks for CdG hits → Emberquake to finish sounds like fun.
Caspid

Postby dudewiththepants » Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:30 am

Heh, Caspid, beat me to it. I was going to make some similar points. Unfortunately I spent forever editing my OP with pretty colors. :x
dudewiththepants

Postby Stox » Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:42 am

Yes, dude.

Just one point into onslaught will be fine to serve its purpose as an escape mechanism and charge.

You wont need to invest alot into seismic, the aoe stun is the most important part. Its almost necessary for elite mode if your getting close to packs of mobs.

Elite monsters tend to have higher armor and alot of resists. What the poster above said bout elemental damage being way better than physical damage is absolutely true. Your going to want to make sure to have one hard hitting ability.

Emberquake is a great skill to max for this build since your charges will be used by force field.

I play a 2handed Emberquake/forcefield build and it absolutely works at endgame level. You can focus on boosting vit, str, and foc at like a 2/2/1 ratio.
Stox

Postby dudewiththepants » Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:45 am

Just wondering, but what would the advantage be to boosting Str if most or all of my moves are Foc based? Wouldn't I be better served ignoring Str? Unless that was for earlier item requirements.
dudewiththepants

Postby Stox » Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:53 am

Test- 602 dps axe +172 armor sheild equiped only, lvl 100, 15/15 Fire and Spark, 15/15 Heal bot, 15/15 sword and board (I don't think this matters too much) on to a lvl 100 elite dummy:

100 Str only:

15/15 Dynamo Field: tops around 8100-8200 dmg, probably like 7000 dmg avg.

!5/15 Overload: avg dmg is about 4200, 5 charge stack hit was around 22000

15/15 Emberquake: tops around 26000, with 19000 intial burn damage, and like 3-5k dot ticks

50 str/ 50 foc only:

Dynamo: topped around 7400, avg like 6k dmg
Overload: ranged from 3100-6000. I'd think the avg would be about 4000. 5 charge was about 15k to 19k.
Emberquake: topped about 22000, ticks for about 3-4k

100 foc only:

Dynamo: topped around 8200, avg about 7300 avg dmg
Overload: didn't even reach 6k, avg would be about 3.7k 5 charge was about 12k
Emberquake: topped about 28000, ticked for about 4-7k

After all this, I was curious and did some testing with like a 300 str build, 300 foc only build. and tried things out with out Sword and Board.

My conclusion, using a focus only like 300+ focus is definetly worth it. The fire damage on emberquake was hitting for like 32000 and dynamo field was averaging like 9900-12000 hits. Sword and board didn't have much of an effect on the damage.

a Focus/Vit build would seem to do really well here, you can probably stack like 200vit/300Focus and become a hardy tank and also a killing machine.
Last edited by Stox on Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:21 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Stox

Next

Return to Engineer Discussion