So, how exactly does Forcefield work?

Discuss the Engineer, a resourceful powerhouse.

So, how exactly does Forcefield work?

Postby ManaLeek » Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:07 am

Wondering if the damage taken by your shield is modified at all by your resists, or if you are able to proc dodges while the shield is up.
ManaLeek

Re: So, how exactly does Forcefield work?

Postby Isendell » Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:01 am

ManaLeek wrote:Wondering if the damage taken by your shield is modified at all by your resists, or if you are able to proc dodges while the shield is up.

well...

1 - forcefield is just awesome, remember it!
2 - I never saw FF proc wit dodge, I don't think it will... But maybe I'm wrong
3 - The shield simple absorb X amount of damage, but actually you have a very good question, about the resists, but i think that the forcefield don't proc with the resists...
Isendell

Postby herionz » Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:31 am

Isendell wrote:
ManaLeek wrote:Wondering if the damage taken by your shield is modified at all by your resists, or if you are able to proc dodges while the shield is up.

well...

1 - forcefield is just awesome, remember it!
2 - I never saw FF proc wit dodge, I don't think it will... But maybe I'm wrong
3 - The shield simple absorb X amount of damage, but actually you have a very good question, about the resists, but i think that the forcefield don't proc with the resists...

1 - Agree

2 - I do have tested this, it does calculates dodge and block before taking the damage (absorb) also reflect does work before FF going into the calculation.

3 - It is modified by resist, thus making %DR and flat armour better options for you since FF is acting as your effective hp pool.
herionz

Postby SolomonGrumpy » Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:22 am

I have also verified dodge works. I do not know about reflect. But reflect is also not clear to me as a power. Do you still take the damage when a shot is reflected or not?
SolomonGrumpy

Postby herionz » Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:56 am

SolomonGrumpy wrote:I have also verified dodge works. I do not know about reflect. But reflect is also not clear to me as a power. Do you still take the damage when a shot is reflected or not?

Projectile reflection neglects all damage if you reflect.

But other types of reflection (as in "reflect XX damage when hit") don't know if also reduce that damage that you are reflecting back to enemies. If I find some gear that gives a good amount I'll test it and let you know. Until then best that someone else calls the shoots about this XD.
herionz

Postby SanWar » Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:19 pm

It's definitely affected by resists. You could get away with a level 1 forcefield if you max bulwark and have +Vit or phys defensive gear.
SanWar

Return to Engineer Discussion