Roadrunner7 wrote:I'm playing an Engineer and I plan to go complete summoner. So, max healbot, max spider mines, max gunbot, max sledgebot, max immobilization copter.
That's 90 points, leaving 43 more.
I had a few questions:
1) Since summons scale with player level, and as far as I know are not affected by your stats at all, is there any reason why you would not just go full Vitality? Is there any reason to get other stats? I heard there was a cap on block chance with shield, what is the cap and does that make other stats, such as maybe Dexterity for the dodge chance, actually viable?
2) What other skills should I spend my points on? I was thinking Forcefield for sure, but besides that I don't know.
3) How do summons do endgame? Although they scale with level, it seems that weapon based skills would scale much better as endgame equipment provides greater bonuses to attackspeed/stats/criticals etc.
4) I probably will be playing in a party with atleast 3 other people, how does that change the game in terms of combat compared to single player?
Thanks in advance for any responses!
jwallstone wrote:Currently playing a summoner engineer as well.
2) Forcefield for sure. It provides so much survivability. You don't even need to worry about charging it up, since you will stay out of the action mostly. Another good skill is Tremor. It has a HUGE radius and amplifies damage inflicted to enemies, helping all of your summons. At 15/15, it also has a 100% chance to stun all enemies (reduced for Champions and Bosses, of course). A single point in Storm Burst is quite useful as an escape and mobility skill. 15/15 in Bulwark is also good for further damage mitigation. Those are the top skills in my opinion. Other ones to consider are: Seismic Slam, for a good stunning skill throughout the game, fire it once and run off and let the DoT take its toll; Dynamo Field, if you want to build charge for Forcefield; one of the cannon skills - I recommend Fusillade - so that you can shoot and supplement your summons.
Good summor skills:
Storm Burst 1/1
Skills to consider:
Roadrunner7 wrote:Thanks for the responses! I never consider tremor, but that seems like forcefield, bulwark, tremor, and storm burst 1/1 are obvious picks.
My only question is that the skills seismic slam, dynamo field, blast cannon, and fusillade are based off Strength right? I was under the impression that pretty much all attack skills, except for shield bash, which explicitly says it deals damage based off your armor. Doesn't that mean your damage with them is negligible? Would you consider shield bash, since high vitality and bulwark increases your armor so much, and damage is based off that? Also, if you get cannon skills, you cannot use a shield. Do you find that hard to not take advantage of the shield and the 50% block chance that comes with max vitality, or are you tanky enough that it doesn't matter?
DarthRevan wrote:Ive been looking into building a Summoner as well so alot of this information is helpful but i did have a question. Has anyone contemplated using 2 of the Iron Sword (Minecraft sword with huge pet bonus) I recently farmed 2 of them out of Notch's Mine and have been wondering if a dual weild build would be viable to bolster the pets.
doafihood wrote:dude later on the mines do shit dmg. U would do more dmg with emberquake.
doafihood wrote:o.O emberquake > mines, now if u accept that what would u rather cast, emberquake or mines?
doafihood wrote:but summoners pump vit no? and how can u say emberquake is crap -,- have u even used it?
doafihood wrote:i understand that emberquake is "garbage" for a summoner's build. What i dont get is how vitality helps the dmg of the mines. And if it doesnt how is emberquake < mines
Rogueleader wrote:How about a summoner using Emberquake, as well as spidermines? Is that viable too?
Rogueleader wrote:And how do you gain charge? I see a lot of builds using dynamo, and spam that for charge. Or do you just use the default forcefield, instead relying on dodge/block to mitigate the damage before FF gets affected?
Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 4 guests