Programming language?

Forum for discussing the Torchlight II mod toolset.

Programming language?

Postby jwallstone » Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:48 am

Will Torchlight 2 modding capabilities allow advanced programming/scripting of some sort? Or is it limited to assets/data modding only? I have some ideas for interesting mods, but which would ideally require the ability to write something in C++/Java/C# for example. Have the devs given any info on this?
jwallstone

Re: Programming language?

Postby Sarkilas » Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:09 am

jwallstone wrote:Will Torchlight 2 modding capabilities allow advanced programming/scripting of some sort? Or is it limited to assets/data modding only? I have some ideas for interesting mods, but which would ideally require the ability to write something in C++/Java/C# for example. Have the devs given any info on this?

This is not supported as far as I have understood. I am pretty sure it's limited to data/asset modding, with a relatively simple GUI to support it.
I do know you can add scripted events as stated in the Q and A topic, but I do reckon that "scripted" in this case is a loose term - not actually programmed using actual languages, but rather meant to be scripted as in pre-set and not random every time you see it in game.

I will not claim that such a thing won't happen, but I really wouldn't count on seeing anything like this.
Enemy Modifier Tool
A useful tool I made for modifying a batch of monsters for a mod. However, it may now also be used for all kinds of modifying, not just monsters!
Sarkilas

Return to Torchlight II Mod Discussion