Mod for better gem/skull drop ?

Forum for discussing the Torchlight II mod toolset.

Mod for better gem/skull drop ?

Postby axo » Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:03 am

Hi there!

I've been looking on the forum and I am probably blind.. but is there a mod that increase the drops of gems/skulls?

Just asking :)

Thanks!
axo

Re: Mod for better gem/skull drop ?

Postby kalamari157 » Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:49 pm

Those drops are tied into regular drops, except for the specific Eye skulls that drop off bosses. So increasing those would probably have to increase other unique drops.
| How to extract/edit TL2 item files, V012 [With images] I am no longer active in the modding community. If you wish to take a project that I have made, besides the 'How to extract/edit TL2 item files', and change it as your own, you may do so.
kalamari157

Postby srssarcasm » Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:20 pm

kalamari157 wrote:Those drops are tied into regular drops, except for the specific Eye skulls that drop off bosses. So increasing those would probably have to increase other unique drops.

Not entirely true.

Look in SPAWNCLASSES, specifically in TREASURE_EYECHANCE_* and TREASURE_GEMCHANCE_* , these are all the drop rates for most gems (all non-elemental gems).

For example, to increase the drop chance of Iron Embers, in TREASURE_GEMCHANCE_MELEE, you have

Code: Select all
[SPAWNCLASS]
<STRING>NAME:TREASURE_GEMCHANCE_MELEE
[OBJECT]
<STRING>UNITTYPE:NONE
<INTEGER>WEIGHT:399
[/OBJECT]
[OBJECT]
<STRING>UNITTYPE:IRON EMBER
<INTEGER>WEIGHT:1
<INTEGER>RARITY_OVERRIDE:1
<INTEGER>MINCOUNT:1
<INTEGER>MAXCOUNT:1
[/OBJECT]
[/SPAWNCLASS]

All you need to do is reduce the WEIGHT of UNITTYPE:NONE to get the drop chance higher.

Has anyone done this? No, it's time consuming to alter all these drop rates for all these SPAWNCLASSES.

However, it's not difficult so you should really have a go at it, OP.
srssarcasm

Postby axo » Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:00 am

Well.. I have no idea how-to MOD.
I think i might try it since this mod was never made.

Need to find out how to mod now.. lol
axo

Postby Salan » Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:36 am

Synergies has a slightly higher gem drop rate through multiple of its spawnclasses, its not a high improvement, but i notice an increase as I added the chance to multiple options that weren't there previously, even if its a small % it still happens that small% more.
Synergies Conversion mod: http://www.synergiesmod.com
Elite monsters, Hero monsters, world bosses, rare dragons, rare trolls, three tiers of End Game Raids, Legendary Armor sets, NEW Legendary Weapons, 3 new classes, Mercenaries, and Angels!

Salan

Postby kalamari157 » Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:49 pm

srssarcasm wrote:
kalamari157 wrote:Those drops are tied into regular drops, except for the specific Eye skulls that drop off bosses. So increasing those would probably have to increase other unique drops.

All you need to do is reduce the WEIGHT of UNITTYPE:NONE to get the drop chance higher.

It's the other way around. Lower weight means lower chance of finding it. HIgher weight, higher chance of finding it. White items have a default weight of 10000.
| How to extract/edit TL2 item files, V012 [With images] I am no longer active in the modding community. If you wish to take a project that I have made, besides the 'How to extract/edit TL2 item files', and change it as your own, you may do so.
kalamari157

Postby srssarcasm » Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:51 pm

kalamari157 wrote:
srssarcasm wrote:

It's the other way around. Lower weight means lower chance of finding it. HIgher weight, higher chance of finding it. White items have a default weight of 10000.

I don't think you understood what I meant. You can either INCREASE the weight of an item, or DECREASE the weight of UNITTYPE:NONE; both will achieve the desired result.

Say you have a spawnclass like this:

[OBJECT]
<STRING>SPAWNCLASS:WEAPONS
[/OBJECT]
[OBJECT]
<INTEGER>WEIGHT:50
[/OBJECT]

This gives a vanilla drop rate of ~2%. To increase this to 10%, you can either:

[OBJECT]
<INTEGER>WEIGHT:6
[/OBJECT]
[OBJECT]
<INTEGER>WEIGHT:50
[/OBJECT]

Or

[OBJECT]
[/OBJECT]
[OBJECT]
<INTEGER>WEIGHT:9
[/OBJECT]

Both achieve the same result.
srssarcasm

Postby Pandora » Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:59 pm

Pandora

Postby MerDeNoms » Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:58 am

I created a very OP mod that gives you 5 unique skulls for each super chest you open.

Just go over here: http://forums.runicgames.com/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=46148

Good luck.
MerDeNoms

Return to Torchlight II Mod Discussion