All Armor, All Classes: re Engineers and Outlanders

Forum for discussing the Torchlight II mod toolset.

All Armor, All Classes: re Engineers and Outlanders

Postby PeteNewell » Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:20 pm

Hello.

Just in case I can save myself some trouble trying to fix something that can't be fixed:

Ghostreaver did a very nice All Armor, All Classes mod - http://www.runicgamesfansite.com/vbdownloads.php?do=download&fileid=331 - but for some reason the same-as-starting-armor uniques for engineers and landers are still tagged class specific. Same cases for mages and zerks are unlocked like everything else.

Anyone know if there's some technical reason for that, or was it just missed? If it was just missed, it's as good a case for me to start looking at the modding tools as any, but I'd rather start with something I can actually do.

Thanks,

Pete
PeteNewell

Re: All Armor, All Classes: re Engineers and Outlanders

Postby Salan » Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:21 am

i don't understand the part where you say

but for some reason the same-as-starting-armor uniques for engineers and landers are still tagged class specific

do you mean gear at the start of the game?
Synergies Conversion mod: http://www.synergiesmod.com
Elite monsters, Hero monsters, world bosses, rare dragons, rare trolls, three tiers of End Game Raids, Legendary Armor sets, NEW Legendary Weapons, 3 new classes, Mercenaries, and Angels!

Salan

Postby PeteNewell » Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:25 am

Salan wrote:do you mean gear at the start of the game?

My bad.

I mean the lowest level unique armor for each class, which looks the same as the unequipped model, but also has additional shoulder and glove pcs. Either Ghostreaver missed those items for the engineer and outlander, or there was something model-specific about them.

Having framed the question, I'm fairly sure it's just a miss - and I'm not complaining, just asking - but it was late and I'd already typed all those words so you know.

Also explains why I asked so clearly, I guess...
PeteNewell

Postby Salan » Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:47 pm

ya, no i ask cuz i did the same thing in synergies and wanted to know what could have been missing.
Elite monsters, Hero monsters, world bosses, rare dragons, rare trolls, three tiers of End Game Raids, Legendary Armor sets, NEW Legendary Weapons, 3 new classes, Mercenaries, and Angels!

Salan

Postby PeteNewell » Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:49 pm

OK, so the problem is the file structure in DATA.PAK\UNITS\ITEMS file.

For example, for the lowest level embermage-specific armor - Karz's equipment and such - the files are EMBER_01_CHEST.DAT, EMBER_01_CHEST_ALT_B.DAT, and EMBER_01_CHEST_ALT_D.DAT. The first file in each case is the base file for the other two. For the most part, all three files are in the same folder - UNITS\ITEMS.

For the lowest-level outlander and engineer armor, the base files for boots, gloves, pants, belt and chest (not shoulders, though) are in DATA.PAK\UNITS\ITEMS\TL2ARMOR. Ghostreaver's mod didn't pick up anything in the TL2ARMOR subfolder.

So. I'll see if I can fix that and post a new version of Ghostreaver's mod over on the fansite.

Pete
PeteNewell

Postby PeteNewell » Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:36 pm

Tried to do two things:
1) cleared the requirement off of the ENGINEER_01_xxx.DAT and WANDERER_01_xxx.DAT files.
2) moved them up to the UNITS\ITEMS folder and repointed the ALT_B and ALT_C files to the new location.

Everything works fine in game, but the "A" version of everything still has the class requirement.

I'll try putting them back in the TL2ARMOR file and see what that does.

Pete

One other bit of oddness: ENGINEER_01_PANTS and WANDERER_01_PANTS do not list affixes. The ALT_B and ALT_C files certainly do, and so do the CASTER_01_PANTS and BERZERKER_01_PANTS files. Is it just that these two items are random? They appear to be the exception, although I haven't looked at everything.
PeteNewell

Postby PeteNewell » Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:02 pm

Right. Problem solved.

Of course my first try didn't work - the standard version of the base file was still present in DATA.PAK - the B and C versions referenced my changes, but the standard A version file took precedence.

I put the file structure back the way Runic did it, and repointed the B and C versions back to the old location, and all is good. Carl the Berserker can look like a proper Engineer - if tall - by level 7, with the right armor.

Will talk to Xensaga at the fan site - two versions of Ghostreaver's mod are probably enough, without my adding a third one.

Thanks to kalamari157 for the tutorial. http://forums.runicgames.com/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=39015 Very clear and helpful.

Pete
PeteNewell

Postby Salan » Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:17 pm

the reason the A was the same is because you weren't changing the A files, there for no matter what you did with the others pointing to a new file (base files dont' need to be in unitdata.raw hence why this worked for you) the A files still referenced the base game ones

Salan

Return to Torchlight II Mod Discussion