How do you unbind a mod from a save?

Forum for discussing the Torchlight II mod toolset.

How do you unbind a mod from a save?

Postby Scyris » Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:33 pm

Since it can eb bound to a save there has to be someway to unbind it, a inventory mod to make it bigger is saved to my game however it causes the gem removing/saving npcs to crash the game when used. ANy idea how to do this? its pretty damned stupid that mods get locked to saves and there is no option in game to ignore the warning and load w/o it.
Scyris

Re: How do you unbind a mod from a save?

Postby Scyris » Sun Apr 07, 2013 4:49 pm

No one knows? there has to be a way to do this.
Scyris

Postby Chewtoy » Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:31 pm

you could load it even with errors in TL1, in TL2 it just wont let you..... which is sad.

Always backup saves if you use a MOD, when its bound, your screwed.
(YOUTUBE) N3KIO
Potions of Chew Respec Sharedstash viewtopic.php?f=48&t=35925
The Toy Collector (Mapworks Overhaul) viewtopic.php?f=48&t=54724
Chewtoy

Postby Scyris » Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:39 pm

Chewtoy wrote:you could load it even with errors in TL1, in TL2 it just wont let you..... which is sad.

Arg I dislike it when devs make dumb ass decisions like this. There should be an option to load it ignoring the warnings if you so desire. Wouldn't be a issue really if my friend wasn't such a hardass about starting a low level char over, wahhhh, I don't wanna go thru same content.. -_-
Scyris

Postby Marsh » Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:50 pm

Scyris wrote:
Chewtoy wrote:you could load it even with errors in TL1, in TL2 it just wont let you..... which is sad.

Arg I dislike it when devs make dumb ass decisions like this. There should be an option to load it ignoring the warnings if you so desire.

I wouldn't say it's a dumb ass decision. The issue is that not all mods bind. Only mods that modify classes or make unique pets. The issue is that most mods people are making right off the bat are changing the base character or adding new pets. If one was to make a mod that completely changed the quest line it wouldn't be binded to the player. Or a mod that created lots of new dungeons or even better all sorts of new monsters; those mods still wouldn't be binded to the player. Or completely re-did the UI it wouldn't be binded to the player.

Personally the biggest issue I see is that people just don't know what they are getting into with a mod. And once they have attempted a mod they are then stuck with it. Believe me when I say we have been talking about things to clear the issue up.
Marsh
Runic Staff

Postby Scyris » Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:04 pm

Yeah the mod I am talking about is Bigger Inventory on Steams Workshop, for some reason even though its bascally a UI reskin/inv size increaser it binds to the save. I've tested other simmlar mods and they do not bind, so I am not sure what the maker of Bigger Inventory did wrong. Also.. Anyway I can mod what items are autolooted? I'd like to add potions and scrolls to be autolooted with the gold. Is this possible? I tried using GUTS But it all went way over my head.
Scyris

Postby Gatsukama » Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:43 am

I'm also having problems with an inventory mod that binds itself unnecessarily. I would like to be able to remove it.

Edit: I restored from backup (luckily only 2 hours old), and will a) avoid this mod, and b) make sure to make a backup before trying any mods in the future.
Last edited by Gatsukama on Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gatsukama

Postby Scyris » Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:49 am

Gatsukama wrote:I'm also having problems with an inventory mod that binds itself unnecessarily. I would like to be able to remove it.

Yeah anything that directly mods the pets inventory will make the mod bind to your save, Thats why I use Bagmod v8 now, doesn't bind, and any custom pet works fine with it. Since it doesn't edit the base inv size it just adds pages insted.
Scyris

Postby Gatsukama » Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:02 pm

Marsh wrote:...Believe me when I say we have been talking about things to clear the issue up.

I'd like to see two things:

1. A warning when you're about to launch a game with a mod that will bind (if it's not already bound).

2. A similar warning in the mod databases (including the steam workshop) that notifies that the mod will bind.
Gatsukama

Postby lyravega » Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:11 pm

You can use this little thing to unbind mods from your saves.

viewtopic.php?f=48&t=54669
I will be migrating to Steam Workshop soon; not to worry, I won't drop non-Steam support, I will just copy/paste stuff from workshop pages instead of writing same but different "article" three times for every mod.
lyravega

Return to Torchlight II Mod Discussion